Weirdest/funniest pregnancy related symptom lately?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BelloFiglioLA

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
It seems like with every new week, symptoms come and go! And sometimes, they're weird. What are your recent ones?

Itchy nipples?! I'm sure this won't last for a while but it certainly has been a strange symptom! hahaha
April 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hiccups all the time and morning bloody noses..
April 18th, 2013, 12:33 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Hmmm, I can't think of anything strange, but I know I have had the most horrible gas this pregnancy. Not just regular old gas, but painful gas, and it is quite stinky. I really hate it, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 18th, 2013, 12:42 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahaha, that was me last night. I told DH he might need to sleep on the couch. I think it was some strange greek yogurt granola thing I ate though, not pregnancy related. That happens at the end though and man, is it awful!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 18th, 2013, 12:45 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had super itchy nipples too, omg it sucks!! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
April 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Veteran
my feet have been really itchy
and maybe it's not weird but this bloated belly omg i can hardly stand it. i feel huge all the time. i wasn't bloated at all with my son, not that i can remember.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina
April 18th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Veteran
I feel like I could cut my fingernails everyday because they are growing so fast, I'm sure the prenatal vitamins have something to do with it!

April 19th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um maybe too much info but my weird symptom is being so swollen after sex that I need an ice pack. What the heck???

April 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing too weird so far over here...except the fingernail thing. I have been taking prenatals since December, and they JUST started growing fast maybe three weeks ago. So I'm blaming baby for that one!
April 19th, 2013, 08:38 AM
ice pack! That does sound extreme. I'd talk to the doc, but if that's ok then I guess lucky you!? Maybe more lucky after baby is here, lol.

I had a lot of nail problems before (I had a couple warts growing under my nail/cuticle - so random!) which weakened them and caused ridges. I had that treated with lasers and after that, was just careful. Taking prenatals though - that really helped! My nails look better than ever and are getting strong! I wonder if I hadn't had that issue last year, whether I'd have solid gold talons by now, lol.

Oh yeah, gas. I am not loving that symptom. I wasn't surprised about it. I think it'll be funny in the fall when I can't even control it though (so I hear). That'll be so gross / funny. Poor DH! hahaha.
April 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Leah
Every morning when I wake up, stretch while lying down, my hips pop.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 19th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Oh yeah, gas. I am not loving that symptom. I wasn't surprised about it. I think it'll be funny in the fall when I can't even control it though (so I hear). That'll be so gross / funny. Poor DH! hahaha.
Okay so I have to ask this...am I the only weirdo who isn't "open" about my gas issues in front of my spouse? Like if I am feeling gassy, I will seriously hold it until he's out of the room or until I go to the bathroom or something. He farts in front of me ALL THE TIME and I mostly just think it's funny, but for some reason I can NOT bring myself to do it in front of him. I feel like he's going to be like "Okay we just crossed into weird territory" and not look at me the same! haha - I need to get over myself, I think.
April 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I have really bad allergies...and cannot stop sneezing. And when I sneeze I pee. I mean just a little but still a gross preggo symptom.

Hold your farts in? I'd never be able to do that haha. Maybe when we were 1st together but that didn't last long. I poop while DH is in the shower all the time lol. We are very open.
jennyrae03 likes this.

April 19th, 2013, 03:50 PM
@jenny - I try not to purposely do it, and if I know it's going to be either loud or stinky, I'll leave the room. But normal toots? Meh. We do keep the door shut when we #2 though, but neither of us would be horrified if we walked in on each other, you know? More like, that's the last barrier yet to cross. I bet it'll happen when we have the kid though.. they never give you privacy! I feel like pack and plays have been invented for showers and #2s. We are also lucky that we have a big house with multiple bathrooms so we can get privacy.
April 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM
@Mel - yeah I hear ya. I mean, I have no qualms about peeing in front of him, or vice versa, and it often gets announced in our house when a #2 is about to happen...I just don't do it with the door open or anything. Like you said though, after kids, I'm sure those things will happen!
April 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
my skin itches on my tummy, but i figured it just from dry skin in general and the growing belly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search