Overwhelmed or Alone feeling?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laurenj915

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Regular
I don't know what's gotten into me the past couple days but I'm starting to get really down. This pregnancy is mine and DH first so I thought maybe the newness of it all was just finally setting in. I had an appointment yesterday that went amazing but the whole time I was in there I was just in a daze. My doctor even asked me if I was alright. I'm a high risk pregnancy due to being a type 1 diabetic and that in itself is a full time job. I'm also a legal clerk at a large firm working around 45 hours a week. I just feel overwhelmed and almost alone in this journey which is silly because DH had been so helpful and on top of anything I need help with...it's just a weird constant anxiety feeling I've had for the past couple days that I'm not used to. I've never had any issues with feeling down or anxious. I'm guessing all the stress of the high risk pregnancy coupled with full time work is making me feel like its me against the world. The only place I feel not so overwhelmed is at my obgyn appointments. Anyone else experience these kinds of feelings? I'm really hoping they're normal.
April 19th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Veteran
I think its normal, not fun but normal. Pregnancy hormones are in a class all their own. Hope you start feeling better soon!

April 19th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Regular
Thanks. Like i said, I am new to all these new emotions that pregnancy induces!
April 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Julie
I felt very overwhelmed during my first pregnancy. I think it will even out for you as the months go by.

April 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Regular
I hope so. It's so strange that it came on so quickly.
April 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had that about ten days ago. I stopped my progesterone hormones and I was okay for the first two days but then for about 5-6 days after that I felt like I had the worst PMS ever and was seriously depressed and nervous. I think it was just hormonal for me as I am feeling loads better and back to my old self again. It was so bad that I even went and got a prenatal massage as a treat to kind of lift my spirits.

I hope things start improving for you!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Regular
Thank goodness my obgyn is amazing and offers bi weekly words of encouragement. I live for my appointments now.
April 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel super overwhelmed sometimes and completely scatterbrained the other times. I know how you feel. It's hard!

April 19th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think just the fact that is came on so fast might mean is is just changing hormones. That said, I remember feeling alone during my first pregnancy. DH was great, went to appointments, gave me foot massages, and took over all the cooking and cleaning.

But pregnancy is such personal expereince for a woman. Your husband doesn't feel your morning sickness, the movement from the inside, the fear of becoming a mom, breatfeeding, and labor. I felt like, as great as DH was, he got to just go about his life and think about the baby once in a while. I had a baby inside me and a part of my thoughts every waking moment.

It got better as the pregnancy went on. I hope you are feeling a little better this evening.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

April 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the past week I've been feeling really down and overwhelmed, mostly because I still feel really sick and am chasing after a toddler and wondering what I am doing bring more chaos into my life. Pregnancy hormones can do all sorts of crazy things, so it is common, but if you feel really down definitely tell your doctor, who might be able to help you figure out if it is normal or something you might need extra help with.

Edit - also please share all your feelings with us so you can vent and we can make sure you are not getting too depressed.
April 19th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Regular
Thank you girls so much. I ended having a couple meltdowns this afternoon after my blood sugars had a very unusual spike (they've been in extremely tight control). It was just the last thing I needed. I called and spoke to my obgyn about the elevated blood level and almost went into full blown hysterics even though she said I was fine and to try and relax. I feel like such a downer. Like I said previously, I've never had issues with keeping my emotions in check or feeling anxious so this is a whole new world to me. I think I just lost it when my sugars got out of whack today because on top of my already fragile emotional state I then felt like my body was failing as a mother already. Just reading that sounds so harsh but that's how I felt. I'm a little better now, home and finally able to relax after a long day at work. Thank you all again for the support!
April 19th, 2013, 07:47 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes. I have great pregnancies, but this is one thing I have been "blessed" with, I'd rather not have. I had a hard time with my blood sugars with my first more so than with my others. I'm sorry you are dealing with it. It has been a real struggle to keep my emotions level. Pregnancy always takes a huge toll on my marriage, especially when my husband is a social butterfly and I'd rather just stay home and socially hibernate.

April 20th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
April 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
((((HUGS))))) I think its totally normal. This is all new to you and you don't know what to expect. Plus being so busy.... I say totally normal my dear.

April 23rd, 2013, 09:15 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's absolutely astonishing what we women go through hormone wise, especially during pregnancy. You're growing a person, dear! For the first time at that! That's something that in and of itself that is a scary, nervous inducing, wonderful, marvelous thing. I think it's perfectly normal to feel somewhat down and anxious. It's when you have distorted thoughts and severe symptoms that it's something to worry about. You're in good company here, I'm sure. Any nervousness or stress you have, feel free to post about because I can bet a lot that at least one of us has felt or is feeling something similar, and if not, we're all here to support each other.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 23rd, 2013, 09:26 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Hormones can be a very ugly thing for a pregnant woman. I find myself extremely snappy anymore and I don't like it at all. I am usually a pretty easy going wife/mom, but lately I have been so grouchy. I get tons of support from my family, I just chalk it up to my hormones and try to balance myself out. I wish you luck on getting out of feeling this way.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search