Contractions....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Seriously? I have been noticing it for the last few days. I know I am not hydrated like I should be, its hard to put anything in still. But this will make for a VERY long pregnancy if I have to deal with this all the time starting already!

I see my doc next week again but I am very hesitant to bring this up as I don't have time for bedrest!

Today I was out painting the soccer fields to try to help my hubby out today and lets just say it wasn't hot out side and I was miserable with the tightening.

Anyone else starting this early?

April 19th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've felt what I'd call cramping this week. It's almost like a feel like I need to do some yoga stretches.
I've never been uncomfortable at 13 weeks before. I hope it passes.

Hope your contractions chill. Try and sneak in more water.
April 19th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Julie
If I've been running around I sometimes get what feel like braxton hicks, but my doctor told me it's just the uterus stretching, though I'm not sure I agree with that. We've had quite a few kids-I think we know what BH fel like right? I would mention it to your doc though if it's very uncomfortable. She may just brush it off like mine did. At least then you may feel you don't have to worry about it if she isn't worried.

April 19th, 2013, 12:13 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I do much at all I get a weird tight belly, I've never felt it before. Whole belly gets rock hard and I have to stop and lie down.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 19th, 2013, 12:21 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I haven't felt any yet besides the very early ones at around 6/7 weeks. I hope they cease for all of you having them

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 19th, 2013, 12:56 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got strong braxton hicks or small contractions the other night (I'm leaning more towards strong braxton hicks ONLy because I couldn't really tell). It was weird and out of nowhere and I was more hydrated than normal. i think it was from stress (had to go to the ER to get a potential blood clot looked at but all was clear) so I think that had something to do with it.

I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 19th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I get them with all my babies early due to dehydration from HG(i get severly dehydrated)my doc actually gets pretty worried about them and thats one of the reasons I go and get regularly hydrated with IV

I hope they stop and you feel better!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

April 19th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Veteran
I've had them since week 12. I agree it is going to be a VERY long pregnancy at this rate. Some days I hardly notice them and then days like today I had to go lay down for a little while. I also have a m/w appointment next week and am afraid to say too much, I'm flying back east next Saturday so my little one can finally meet great-grandma and some other family. I'm trying to ignore then but I know my husband can tell I'm not feeling great. Hopefully our uterus's will be so strong will be able to shoot these babies right out!!!

April 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With baby number 5 I started contracting very early, (11 weeks?) And by 19 weeks I couldn't drive my car, lift, do washing etc...
That said I do no dilate, so it's deemed as irritable uterus. Around 32 weeks with him I started contracting in earnest every evening, but he held out until 39 1/2 weeks like most of the others.
I've been able to feel the odd contraction here & there with this bub, but am hoping that it ends up nothing like Noah's pregnancy.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
April 23rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Im still having to deal with it.... even if I am not really active. Which has me wondering why.

Last night I had a few that hurt pretty good. And seemed like they were coming often enough to time, but I just let it go.

April 23rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been dealing with them for a while now, which was surprising considering that I never felt them at all until the third trimester with my other kids. They seem to be worse when I'm stressed or dehydrated.

Although I haven't talked to my doctor about it yet, I've heard from some of the other ladies here that if they're painful or if there's more than 5 in an hour, then it's time to talk to your doctor.

Hopefully your uterus settles down soon.
April 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
The doc I see on thursday is one of my faves... so maybe he would be the best to mention it to.....

I just keep thinking I don't have time for this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search