first Appointment tomorrow AM

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 06:06 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm excited and nervous! Tomorrow we officially hire the midwife, give her all the signed paperwork and the first of many payments, we also get to hear the babies heartbeat for the first time tomorrow. This is the longest I've waited for that in any of my pregnancies... although it was pretty close with my daughter, I didn't hear hers until 11weeks.
Some part of me wonders about multiples, but I don't really think I'm going to have twins so I'm not really that concerned, the other part of me says that even if there were multiples would we discover them? I mean it is only a heartbeat check...lol... ultrasound makes me so much more convinced...
Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated about the appointment, but I just wanted to jump on here tonight and tell you about it!
I'm so excited!

Oh and as a side note, I'm really starting to say good bye to morning sickness! Last week I had more good days than bad, and today I managed to clean my kitchen by myself for the first time in 9 weeks... that is HUGE! usually the best I could do was load the dish washer and then go lay down, today I not only did that but also hand washed the pans and knives, washed the counters and swept the floor!
Kelsie, Loni, Spyctre and 6 others like this.

April 21st, 2013, 07:54 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! I bet you can hardly wait! I've already had 2 appointments and 3 ultrasounds and I can hardly wait for the next appointment.

April 21st, 2013, 08:34 PM
Leah
Good luck! And yay for ms on it's way out, even if it means more cleaning.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 22nd, 2013, 03:27 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you have a great appt!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
April 22nd, 2013, 04:27 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Enjoy your first appointment! Glad you are starting to feel better.
April 22nd, 2013, 05:43 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
So exciting!! And crazy to think this is just your first!

I hope it goes great!
April 22nd, 2013, 07:11 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay this is great! We finally got to hear baby's heartbeat last week at our 12 week check. She REALLY had to go digging for it though, so I could see how once you find one, you stop looking haha let us know how it goes!

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 22nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for having an appointment finally!!! I can't believe you had to wait so long! Can't wait to hear your update!

And I'm glad you're finally feeling better. I know you were miserable for a while there. Hopefully it stays away and you're in the clear!
April 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
yay! KUP!
April 22nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the kitchen cleaning!!! That's big!!!
April 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Veteran
Good luck on your first appointment, glad you found a midwife you like!

April 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
thanks everyone!
I totally forgot to give the midwife a check today... so she is 'hired' but as of yet unpaid the portion she is due.. oops!
The appointment went great, her apprentice started trying to find my uterus to get the heartbeat and was having a really hard time so she asked for help from the midwife who found it really quickly about 3 inches higher than either of them thought it would be... they told me not to freak out, but I'm really wondering why it is so high.. I remember it being this high with my daughter but not when I noticed it that high so I'm going to look it up.. anyway... details.. baby's heart beat was 167! they didn't look for a second one, but they are going to schedule me the U/S so I'll find out eventually if I've got one or more...lol.. for now I'm just really excited to have heard the baby!
On a side note, my two year old daughter was (and my 4 year old son) with me and she started to cry while they were looking for babies heart beat, my husband had to hold her to calm her down, she thought they were hurting me... sweet girl! But they were all really excited to hear the babies heart, and after it was all done Fia (my daughter) lifted her shirt and was telling me about her belly (she doesn't speak very clearly yet), she is so confused... and it is adorable!
One other thing is they had me pee on a stick, I've never done that before, I mean I've pee'd in a cup and I assume the doctor dipped a stick in it, but this was different, and I had to match the colors with the container and two of them were abnormal, there was a trace of protein in my urine, and I scored a ++ on some other one that basically could mean I have a UTI... ugh... midwife said to just keep an eye on myself and watch for symptoms and get some cranberry juice or pills to take in the mean time, but because it wasn't a 'clean catch' it may have been inaccurate...
FishermansWife4 likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Too sweet Good luck w/ your UTI - I had one pop up too w/out knowing.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing that US Pic!
April 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update! Was thinking of you and wondering. YAY for a great appointment and I'm looking forward to seeing baby :0)

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 22nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Wow! I'd go crazy waiting this long! lol I've had 5 or 6 appointments and 4 u/s's. Tell us what the u/s reveals!
April 22nd, 2013, 09:32 PM
no idea at this point when that ultrasound will be but I will keep you all posted on how it goes!!!
I've been looking up high uterus causes, so far what I've found has been few and far between but my uterus is about as high as you would expect it from about 15-16 weeks, (I'm 13 and my dates are spot on). Some people who have this have twins. and then some people have it because they have it...lol.. so no answers at all.

April 23rd, 2013, 05:23 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a good appointment! Your Dd sounds adorable!
slmehaffey likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
glad it went well!

April 23rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for the update! I was wondering how it had gone!

Do you/they think you could be carrying more than one baby?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search