16 week appointment on Friday

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Anitha
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By 1fabulousfem
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 1 Post By anothermother
  • 1 Post By snowymommy35
  • 1 Post By mizza411

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my 16 week appt on Friday. Nothing much to report except that, since I was feeling a little anxious abt not feeling any baby movement for a while after having felt it early on, it was a big relief to hear that awesome sound. The HB was at 155 - 156

I have gained 10 lbs so far. Not bad I think

I touched on the subject of labor and delivery. This was the NP I was seeing at this appt. - I asked her if pushing positions other than the semi sitting/ on may back position would be possible and she was like, "well if you are getting the epidural, you wont have use of your legs & no other position would be feasible...but you can ask the doctor at your next appt and she might have some suggestions"

Oh well...we'll see. May be another reason not to get the epidural?? But last time, I was able to feel and move my legs and eventhough I didn't try I am sure I could have supported myself in a squating position... Also aren't there things called "walking epidurals" . Definitely have some questions for my next appt.
*Lana* and FishermansWife4 like this.

April 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I always had the use of my legs with an epi. hmmm, makes me think now. I didn't get up and dance or anything, but I was able to move them all over the place and even squat in the bed when needed.
I know what you mean about anxiety at this point. I really don't like this point in the pregnancy. I can't feel anything yet either and I am not sick anymore so I just worry all the time that something is wrong. I don't go back for another 2 weeks and I am so scared that something is wrong. What I think I feel sometimes is so few and far between and from what I read it's in the wrong place for movement, so I am thinking that I am not actually feeling the baby at all. Plus I am so much smaller this time than I was with my previous pregnancy at this stage. I know they are all different, but I am just a worry wart.

ANYWAYS, lol. I am so glad that your appt went well and you got to hear that wonderful sound again.
Anitha likes this.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had a good appointment!!
Anitha likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a great appt!
Anitha likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 22nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad your appointment went well! I haven't had much movement either but I guess it can be normal this early on.
Anitha likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Glad your appointment went well! Nothing like the sound of that sweet heartbeat!
Anitha likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good appointment to me! I have zero advice about epis...Sorry.
Anitha likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 22nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear you about the movement. I felt *really* felt the baby squirming on Friday night, but haven't really felt much since so I'm stressing out over it. I soooooo can't wait until it's way more consistent.

Hooray for a good appointment though! I always feel so good after them.

I've heard about this walking epidural... I couldn't move my legs at all with my first. I didn't feel anything, even when she came out. With my second I only had feeling in one leg and felt a lot of what was going on--- which I liked better.
Anitha likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Glad that your appt went well!
Anitha likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you sort out the epidural stuff! Soon we'll all be complaining about all the movement we're feeling, I'm sure (baby won't get its foot out of my ribs!).
Anitha likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
sounds like it went well.

For me with the epi, I couldn't get out of bed or push other than laying down and holding my legs back.

With out an epi I could move all I wanted and ended up pushing kinda laying down with my legs up but they came so fast I didn't have time to move another way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search