Was this baby....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A welcomed surprise? Super planned? Or not tried, not prevented?

Mind telling us story of how bebe got here??

April 23rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very very planned in the fact that we tried and tried to get pregnant (IVF Sawyer and starting down that road with this one). But a HUGE SUPRISE that we got pregnant completely on our own weeks before we were to restart fertility meds!

April 23rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
Very very planned in the fact that we tried and tried to get pregnant (IVF Sawyer and starting down that road with this one). But a HUGE SUPRISE that we got pregnant completely on our own weeks before we were to restart fertility meds!
That's so sweet! Put that dough in a fun fund

Christine, don't forget to share!

DH and I had decided we would welcome a new addition last summer.. I stopped taking birth control in mid-June and we just went about our business as usual. He travels a lot and I found that if I plugged the dates of my periods into online calculator, we kept missing the important days that could potentially be O days. I was finding that coming down from years and years of hormonal birth control was making my body go nuts, so I was disappointed (but not surprised) that between travel and hormones, I wasn't getting knocked up faster. So around Christmas time, after AF arrived on Christmas day (lovely! haha) I said, let's just bone every day this month and see how that goes? I can't bother to figure out what day I'm ovulating so we just went for it. It was a very fun month, we went on vacation, and when I got back I was pregnant! So I think that the moral of the story is do it lots!

Also I'm glad it worked out like this - stretching the care/birth into TWO years would be horrrrribbllee for our deducible. Thank you, timely little baby!!
Anitha and QL1516 like this.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
This one is kinda in between everything. It wasn't super planned or surprised but not trying not preventing either. Last Feb I found out I was pregnant and ended up having a chemical pregnancy an lost the baby around 6 weeks. Then from their my body went super crazy like 80 something days past the loss still no AF so I went on provera to start it. After taking that an having AF same thing waited another 90 days no AF so I did provera again. Then another month went by an no AF so I started BC to see if it would help regulate things. I stayed on that a couple of months and stopped taking it. An I can remember I had in January I guess what some ppl call it EWCM or whatever never really noticed it before an well hubby was busy at work an we didn't have much free time so I think we DTD a few days after that and I ended up pg! So a little bit of all of them is how this baby came about I suppose

April 23rd, 2013, 10:22 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
This baby was a super surprise for us. We had thought that Brady born back in 2007 was going to be our last baby. I can't take hormonal BC, it really messes with me and actually put me in the hospital last time I tried to use it. We were using condoms and the NFP method to prevent. Well I guess this baby was just meant to be. I don't remember a broken condom, so it must have been a hole or something in it. I was quite shocked not to get AF on 2/1 like I was supposed to.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 23rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Planned! We started NTNP for baby # 3 when DD was like 4 or so never got pregnant until May 2012, lost that baby at 12 weeks. Tried again a month later, got pregnant again, lost that baby at 7 weeks in Oct 2012. Wasn't sure we would bother trying again, but decided we would again in Dec, and here we are now 17 weeks pregnant with baby #3 finally!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
"bone everyday"

We very much tried for this baby. Our first was NTNP, our second was ha, Natural Family Planning baby (surprise). We tried for Everleigh, but not super trying.

After we lost Evey, technically the doc wanted us to wait 2 cycles, but there was no way I could go through another period when I was supposed to be pregnant anyway. Emotionally, it was the worst ever. And plus, I had my postpartum appointment and the doc said everything was back to normal. I think had she not been my doctor she would have told me that trying again after a month would have been fine, since she hesitated and saw how hard I was taking everything. My cycles went back to normal immediately and I never had hormone issues so we just went for it. We pretty much "tried" everyday around that fertile time. I was literally doubled over in pain from ovulating, so making this baby wasn't exactly the most fun ever.

Only a couple days after that I was already feeling pretty pregnant, got a faint BFP at 6DPO, the rest is history.
Anitha and soul_donut like this.

April 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hormonal BC messed with me too so we never used it. However we did have ONE accident over the holidays in France and turns out it surprised us with the baby. I found out on my birthday in January, it was quite a shock for us, but something my boyfriend and I embranced as a new chapter in our lives.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This was a surprise!

Our usual birth control routine is to use condoms the week I ovulate. Has worked without incident for us.
In January I started to spot brown blood the third week of my cycle. Figured it was too early to be AF. We waited and waited around for AF. Turns out that was my AF. I ovulated again 2 weeks later, DH and were not using protection, sha-zam! Baby in the oven.
Very welcome and happy surprise. This will probably be our last. We were really on the fence about #3, so I'm excited.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Surprise!

We hadn't used BC since our youngest was born. About a year ago I came to terms that I couldn't get pg anymore.

Dh was overseas for the holidays and came home for 3 days then left for another trip. That's when it happened!
April 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Huge shock. I hate to say even unwanted.

We have had to use fertility treatment of some sort since trying for #3 on down the line. We have had a total of 8 losses.

With #7 we were told in order for me to get pregnant again we were going to the fertility clinic. I was told I would need surgery, then we were looking at IUI or IVF. We were willing to go that far. We had tons of tests, and the cycle before I got pregnant I had a miscarriage. Then we were surprised with Sophie.

This time we had been trying for over a year again. I went to my regular OB and was told 1. Go straight to the fertility clinic again. 2. Do a few rounds of clomid with him. 3. Do nothing. Chances of pregnancy would be slim to none. So the beginning of last year we started with clomid. After 6 rounds nothing happened so we figured we would be done. We were okay with that.

Then our family hit a huge crisis in August. We are still dealing with stuff from that. I struggle daily. With all that went on our family was at its breaking point. I was very much at my breaking point and honestly wanted to be committed to a hospital, mentally I couldn't handle things. Often i still feel like I am not far from there now.

Because of all that went on, we were VERY much done having kids. I didn't have any desire to have another baby, there is too much going on, that we still have to deal with, plus my older kids are obviously older and so much more busy. We got rid of everything!

We have discussed many options, and have decided we will have this baby, the kids are excited, I am still dealing. I am trying VERY VERY hard to get to the point of being excited and cannot wait to meet this baby. But considering all we have been through... its tough.

I know every baby is a blessing, and there is a plan.... im still trying to be okay and see the positive. All I can see right now is unexpected cost, how will we pay for the stuff we need? How will I make sure everyone else has what they need? I need maternity clothes, but I can't justify the cost.

I guess im a downer. I know eventually I will be okay.

April 23rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Definitely planned. We did the whole charting, temping, OPK thing and got pregnant our 1st month of trying!

April 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Surprise but planned!
We decided we wanted to try for kids in November and we would stop trying in January since I wanted him there for at least the first three months.
Well nothing was happening and honestly I was getting depressed - I know it takes a while, but we had really be NTNP since July when we got married and my period is naturally every 3 - 4 months apart.
So January came, no AF since end of October and I went to the doctor to talk about hormonal issues about getting pregnant. I still wanted a baby, but DH wanted to stop since we had agreed we would stop trying.
Well a week later I was super sleepy and started to nap on the couch and got a call from the doctors !
It's really a surprise baby since we know it happened on exactly the last day before DH left for a month long (turned into 2 weeks) training camp!
April 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
let's just bone every day this month
hahahahahahaha! OMG Thank you for the laugh!

Ours was definitely planned! We both were really eager to start a family after getting married in September, but wanted to wait until after our honeymoon in January (come on, nobody wants to be knocked up on their honeymoon to Jamaica). So I stopped my birth control in December, and we just prevented until we left for our honeymoon. I was SUPPOSED to be ovulating while we were on our honeymoon, so we thought it would be super cool if I got pregnant while we were there. And then my body didn't cooperate, and I ovulated the week after we got home Oh well, either way, it worked! Yay for a baby!
April 23rd, 2013, 02:56 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours was planned and a super surprise...

Let me start by saying honestly, I didn't plan my girls but I'd be lost without them and I wouldn't change them for the world. DH had to seriously convince me to try for a child and when he did convince me, we decided we'd want 2 more children. Gosh, DH is a smooth talker We TTC for 3 months with Timmy. I got pregnant the day he came home from the boat for the season He wasn't home to see Timmy born. We decided to wait at least 2 years before we started trying. In February of last year we were NTNP. That lasted until I got my first AF lol We tried, charted, opk'ed, and timed for 13 cycles (9 months). Cycle 14 started in December and I went and asked why my cycles were so wonky and what was going on since it didn't take so long to get pregnant with my last 3 children. They diagnosed me with infertility and started talking about medications and procedures and what not. Then, cycle 15 started in January. I was devistated. DH and I always agreed that we wouldn't do medical intervention like that and we'd leave it in God's hands. I was in the process of talking him into visiting the RE and he got upset and gave up. We decided to stop trying. Well, we even went as far as avoiding in January because I had EWCM, and come Feb 12th, I got my It was unbelievable. It was my miracle, in my opinion because I never really wanted to give up. This will be our last child, no matter how badly he tries to talk me into another. Nope! Tubal Ligation. Say it with me!
Anitha and Spyctre like this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Last edited by FishermansWife4; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
April 23rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
Super Mommy
Definitely planned!

DH was done after #3 but I wasn't. I really wanted to try for the girl. Back in September, DH agreed to try one more time, but I had to get pregnant before my 40th birthday, which is May. I was doing a slight gender sway, and was starting to worry that I would not get pregnant before the "cut off" so I started dropping parts of the sway. I was so happy to get that BFP... Can you imagine turning 40 and having to give up that last baby dream at the same time?? Talk about feeling old!
April 23rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cant take hormonal BC either, it really messes me up. But starting later in the summer we started trying - tracking ovulation, temping and all that good stuff. Got pregnant around the first of Nov but had a chemical. Ended up with a uterine infection from the chemical and it took close to a month to clear. Got the green light to try again in Dec. Decembers try didn't take, January's did

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
I said, let's just bone every day this month and see how that goes?
hahaha!
April 23rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very planned! We had been WTTC since we got back together 4 years ago and thankfully it only took us two cycles to conceive.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 23rd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Proud mommy!
A surprise here!

April 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Very, very planned!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search