Everyone poops...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
...except me? I have Crohn's disease and usually "go" an average of 3-4 times a day. I know constipation is a pregnancy side effect but I have never been constipated in my life. Usually I am the exact opposite. I haven't pooped since last Wednesday!! When does it become dangerous? I am just imagining all the food I'm putting into my body building up in my bowels and I feel like they are eventually going to burst and kill me. I am really start to worry.

April 23rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
are you in pain? I would call your doc and ask if you can take a stool softener maybe?

Are there certain foods that will trigger it for you?

April 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my husband definitely isn't pregnant, but after we got back from our honeymoon, he was constipated for almost two weeks! It was awful! We tried all sorts of stool softeners, laxatives, etc. Finally he had to take an enema (so glad he doesn't get on here and read this or I'll be in trouble for sharing!) and that got things going!

I agree, try a stool softener! Or like Jenn said, maybe certain foods? Pardon the TMI, but I know that sometimes really spicy foods will do it for me, or really greasy food. Not that greasy food is good for you, but hey if it helps!
April 23rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say if you are not pooping at a minimum of once a week then you need a stool softener.

I have IBS so I know the idea of taking something to make you poop when you normally do nothing but poop sounds a little scary, but if you just take one MILD one, and see what happens, and then another if that doesn't do anything you will be fine.

Stay away from laxatives though. I accidentally took a laxative instead of a stool softener once and it was no bueno.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I take milk of magnesia at least once every two weeks. I have had such a problem since becoming pregnant its not even funny see what your doctor recommends but I would take something! I tell my dh my belly is mostly food lol
April 23rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm only going once a week. By day 8 if I haven't gone I have to take drastic measures
April 23rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I made a chili with 2 kinds of beans for a high fiber meal for DH and I - dark red kidney beans have one of the higher fiber counts. That helped us out!
April 23rd, 2013, 04:59 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Thanks for all the concern about my bowel movements lmao. I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I will put a call in tomorrow to see what is my best option.

Mindy, you are so right. It is scary to think about using something to make myself poop when I usually pray to stop! The only time I've ever used laxatives was before the colonoscopies that I've had.

It's not painful ( I mean, I have stomach pain everyday but I chalk that up to Crohns. It's normal for me) but I feel so full and uncomfortable. And I keep imagining my bowels bursting. How much can they hold?? haha High fiber and a softener sound pretty good at this point.

April 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Leah
I'm planning on going with aloe Vera juice to start. It's not as instantaneous - usually - as a softener or laxative, but it's mild and can be taken daily and can help overall. I've not learned it with the doctor yet or checked, but can't imagine it'd be harmful in any way. I have IBS as well so I try to stay away from laxatives and medications. A fiber supplement, maybe?

I've probably gone longer than a week and been ok. It's not comfortable and can set off attacks for me, but so can the opposite. :/

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search