Anyone else NOT going to have a nursery?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
Super Mommy
My youngest is still in my room with me and probably willl be for a while. DH snores something awful, so we haven't shared a bedroom in years. The two other boys share a room, so our house is maxed out. Once the baby gets older we'll have to add on to make room, but for now I think I'll have the baby and the almost 2 year old in with me. I kinda get a bit sad that I can't decorate a cute room for the baby and that I never did that with my last one either. Anyone else like this, just maxed out on space? Any cute ideas???

For me, I'll have the 2 year old in his crib, even though he is in with me most nights now. The baby will cosleep with me. I may be able to rearrange my room to have a "baby area" and that can be decorated... I don't know.. I just wish our house was bigger.
April 23rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We aren't doing a nursery. One, we are renting. Two, we have a master bedroom and a guest room downstairs. We plan on me staying in the master with baby in the beginning since DH will need to sleep before he goes to work. We have a small room that connects to the master that we've turned into an office. We will probably turn the office into an office/baby room. By the time baby is old enough to have her own room I doubt we'll be in this house. So no point really.
April 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Not I. We keep the baby in our room for at least the first year.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13) -2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22" born sleeping
at 39w pg due to thrombophelia; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) - 3VBA2C 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w
Praying for our rainbow baby coming in March!

April 23rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No nursery here!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 23rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No nursery here, never actually done one ever.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 23rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not doing a nursery, we live in an apartment and I'm just going to get a Pack N Play and call it a day. Although the nursery looks fun to decorate and if we had a house I would definitely have fun with it!
April 23rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a nursery with baby changing table in it but I also have kids kitchen set and other things in there so it's used as a playroom right now.

I co-sleep so baby won't need a nursery until he's 3-6 months old. Ill set it up then (crib move out toys).
April 23rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No nursery for us!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 23rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, it will probably sleep in our room until 6 months, and then share my daughter's room.
April 23rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We aren't doing a nursery. Never have.

Dh is currently allocated to the lounge, (because he snores & I don't sleep,) & I have DD 22 months in a cot in with me. We will get an old office renovated off one side of the house for DD1, & then youngest DD will have her room, & the baby will come in with me.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 23rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We aren't having a nursery either. This baby will be in our room in a pack and play and then share a room with someone after that until we finish out basement and move my oldest down there (probably not for a few years).
April 23rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran
i'm not planning on a nursery right now. i've never done one. when my son was born we were in a 1 bedroom. he slept in a cradle next to my bed for several months. we're in a 3 bedroom now so everyone can have their own room but i'll still keep the baby with me for a while.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina
April 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Proud mommy!
No nursery here. Baby will sleep in our room for the first 6 months. Then s/he will share a room with DD.

April 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have plenty of space to do one, but still don't know if I will or not. I'm kind of wondering what the point would be because the baby would never be in it...not for a while anyway. I'm planning on BFing for as long as I can manage, so it will make more sense to have the baby sleep with me.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:13 PM
Veteran
We're having a semi-nursery/guest room/my home office. Basically, it's a room with my desk, a bed, and then we'll add a crib and changing table.
April 24th, 2013, 04:28 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Nope, no nursery here either. baby sleeps with us for at least the first year. Pack and play in the living room for naptimes. When we move (hopefully next summer) I may decorate the bedroom for the younger two more kiddish while the 2 older boys room will be more teenage or adultish. Then in 5 years Tris will be off to college and I will move Brady up to the big boy room with Logan.... and so on and so on.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 24th, 2013, 06:21 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
No nursery for us either. Baby in the pack and play in our room for first couple months, then she'll move into a room with my 2 {she'll be 3} year old and my stepdaughter who lives with us half the time. Maxed out on space.
April 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
I am soooo glad I am not alone

we originally baught a 2 br ranch with a garage-
No problem 1 kid-

well got pregnant with # 2 so converted garage into family room & old living room into 3rd br no Problem

well got pregnant with # 3 ok # 2 & 3 are 15 mo apart so they share a bedroom

I am sure this kid will end up in their room as well but not for awhile due to breast feeding so baby will be a floater in a pack n play or that is the plan
April 24th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
I definitely know what you are feeling! I made a post awhile back about having 2 kids in a 2 bedroom and got some great advice. I feel much better knowing that so many others have been in the same situation and made it work just fine. Baby will be in our room so we won't get to have a cute nursery either. Kind of a bummer but I am trying to stay positive and just look at it as one less thing to have to worry about finishing!
April 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will have a nursery this time. With Sophia, Maya and Sophia shared a room. With Maya, she was in our room for 3.25 years!! We lived in a one bedroom apartment so her crib/toddler bed was at the end of our bed.

Baby will room with us for a while in the beginning though.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search