Nursery inspiration board - help me choose please

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
@seasaidh - It's mostly price point. The brand of that Jenny Lind crib is DaVinci - not sure how they do compared to Ikea. I checked craigslist and haven't seen much I like. A lot of houses around here in Florida have that Beige Big Box look with the dark cherry bulky cribs - all the furniture is oversized, and it's not my style. I have also seen a lot of folks who ask too much for what they're selling - when people pay too much to start with for big furniture retailer's furniture, they're sensitive when you offer what you're willing to pay. I get it. But I'm not going to subsidize the rip off pricing, know what I mean? I am frugal because cash-wise, we have home improvements that are more important to us (like exterior paint - that's over 10K! but in Florida the sun killlssssss the paint and it has to be done, you know?) so we are cutting costs where we can in other places. Personally I'm not worried about the baby busting an ikea bed, unless he/she comes out turkey sized.

I wish I could channel some of your family's upholstery energy right now! That rocking chair is in 10 pieces right now in repair mode to replace all the screws and bolts and try to change the upholstery. Sigh...
April 24th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Love the look of the Jenny Lind with everything else you've picked
April 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM
"Shay-see"
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Personally I'm not worried about the baby busting an ikea bed, unless he/she comes out turkey sized.
lol!

...and don't worry too much. You still have lots of time and one of these days you'll suddenly just WANT to do it, and then it will get done.

...and be nice to yourself about not doing it yet. If you beat yourself up about it every time you think about it, you'll develop a negative association and avoid it forever. (I've recently been studying on how human motivation works, don't mind my unsolicited advice-dispensing hehe.)
soul_donut likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
I wish I could channel some of your family's upholstery energy right now! That rocking chair is in 10 pieces right now in repair mode to replace all the screws and bolts and try to change the upholstery. Sigh...

I need some of that energy too! I recently started ripping wallpaper out of the guest bath and haven't touched it since.

I think the room works great with either crib. Does one of the cribs have more function then the other? I personally really like the cribs that convert to toddler beds and headboard/ foot boards.

April 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Ikea!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search