What chore do you hate the most?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I DESPISE laundry and it shows - clothes are piled up big time! I do have back problems and just generally don't feel well some days, but that's not even the reason for this - I'm a SAHM for now and have days where I feel just fine. The clothes are on the second floor of my house while the washer/dryer is in the basement - I hate running up and down all of these steps with the clothes. I get frustrated trying to find places to put things (everyone here seems to enjoy hoarding clothes). *sigh* I have to get a grip on this somehow because there's a new baby coming, which means lots of extra laundry.

I don't care for housekeeping in general, but it's not that I'm lazy; it seems to be more because I'm not organized. I'm no good at coming up with creative, yet attractive ways to store things, so things are everywhere...I love the shows on HGTV where the houses are all beautiful and perfectly organized - I want mine to be like that, but lack the ability to do it.

Your turn!

What chore do you hate the most? How do you motivate yourself into getting it done anyway?
April 24th, 2013, 06:00 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate cleaning the bathroom!! I don't usually get motivated to get it done until its crying out to be done!! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 24th, 2013, 06:12 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I HATE doing dishes and cleaning the shower. I think dishes the most though. My next house WILL have a dishwasher, lol. but still I would have to put them all away... poooo. I don't like doing that at all.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 24th, 2013, 06:19 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cleaning bathtubs and folding socks!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 24th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Folding clothes. I don't mind washig and drying them but i miss when I lived by myself how I could just leave them in the basket until i wanted to wear them. Lol i am very wrinkled sometimes!

April 24th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i miss when I lived by myself how I could just leave them in the basket until i wanted to wear them. Lol i am very wrinkled sometimes!
Sometimes I still do this! I just pick out what I want to wear until it's almost empty, then put the few remaining clothes away, then fill it back up with dirty clothes.
April 24th, 2013, 06:53 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
Laundry is my nemesis!!!

Seriously despise it.

April 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kitchen floor.

Normally I would clean it every other day but I haven't in months. My dd has mopped a few times but uses too much soap so there's a dull look to them.
April 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ummm everything! I'll be honest. I totally wouldn't mind if someone came everyday and made my house look like the HGTV homes while I browsed the internet, soaked in the tub or watched TV But we all know pigs have a better chance of flying than any of that hapenning. I will therefore pick folding and putting away laundry as my most despised chore!

April 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Julie
I hate doing the dishes. I'm the biggest clutz so even though we have a dishwasher, I miss the cupboard putting away a plate and it crashes to the floor, or I end up breaking every single wine glass we have. No joke, my sister bought me 12 wine glasses and I broke every slast one of them.

April 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Regular
Laundry! I am with most of you, I don't mind washing and drying but folding/hanging ughhhhh nope! Luckily DH has taken over this chore. I would also leave it in the basket until its ready to wear again. Although DH does not fold DD's clothes, he says they are too small and hard to hang. hahaha he is right but if that's all I have to fold, I can't complain. 2nd on the list is dishes! I need a dish fairy!

STC #2 for 35 cycles, FINALLY pregnant!! IT'S A GIRL!

Payton - 5 Buster- 2
April 24th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Tie for laundry and dishes! I really don't mind washing clothes, it's the sorting them I hate. Lol

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
April 24th, 2013, 08:30 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
i miss when I lived by myself how I could just leave them in the basket until i wanted to wear them.

Umm yeah...we pretty much do this all the time Well sort of...I do fold our clothes. I just put them in our own respective laundry baskets, and they never seem to make it to the closet! lol Sometimes I even get as far as carrying them up to the bedroom and setting them on the floor. I just don't like to put them away!

Aside from laundry though...I really despise vacuuming. Our house has central vac in it, and as convenient as you might THINK it would be, it really is a pain in the butt. The hose for it is seriously like 15 feet long, and it's really annoying to me to have to carry it and all the attachments around the house. I'd rather just have a normal vacuum that I can easily move from room to room and/or upstairs without trailing it behind me like a giant snake.
April 24th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Veteran
dishes! ugh i absolutely hate washing them.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
April 24th, 2013, 09:26 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I hate folding and putting away clothes! With 6 of us, it takes me forever to wash and dry clothes, but folding and putting them away is my worst nightmare...

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

April 24th, 2013, 09:31 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, no a fan of folding laundry. I don't mind getting it washed/dried I just hate folding... it's such an ordeal (although I realize it probably wouldn't be if I just kept up on it). I spent 4 hours on Saturday finally folding the 7 loads of laundry that had been building up during my morning sickness days. It took forever, but it was so nice to have it done. I have one load I need to fold today and I'm determined to keep up on it better.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of putting dishes away. I'm too short for the cabinets so it's just annoying.

April 24th, 2013, 09:34 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dishes.

Laundry sucks a lot lately because there is so much of it that it's overwhelming! I need a full weekend to tackle it!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 24th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Veteran
I HATE scrubbing the tub!

April 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dishes/dishwasher.

I try to go to bed with an empty and clean sink every night. Just a cleaning rule I stick to, even though I hate it!
April 24th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cleaning the shower! I just don't get it. I can't figure out how to do it without stepping all in the cleaning solution and I am always straining to reach awkward corners. Now that I only work part-time I do most of the housecleaning, but I make my husband clean the shower and he does it while he is showering.

I don't mind physically cleaning in general, but I am very disorganized, so there is always paperwork stacked on tables and random things I'm not sure where to put away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search