Appointment update

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Sorry for the delay. I had hoped to be in and out in 5 minutes.

Well.... First the doc couldn't find the heartbeat which had me freaking, he said dont worry, I'll grab the u/s machine. Did a quick scan and saw the heartbeat. Baby was pretty quiet.

I decided to mention the contractions to my doctor. He said it could be nothing being this is baby #8, but wanted to make sure my cervix wasn't shortening.

He decided to send me to the hospital for an u/s there. I had to do some more blood work so I had to sit and wait for that before heading over.

Anyways... I was hoping having Sophie along for an ultrasound might help her to be okay with the thought of the baby. Wrong. She seems even more opposed to the whole baby thing. Didnt wanna look at the screen or anything.

She got the heart rate of the baby on the scan at 148. Baby still was just hanging there. She did an internal scan to measure the cervical length and that was about it. I was a hold and call and obviously I'm hope so I'm assuming the length was fine and the doc didnt call. I go back in a month.

By the time I got home I felt all yucky and have been trying to rest.... Not the easiest thing in the world with school and practice pick up and drop off.

I'm feeling really uneasy with seeing the baby twice today at quite different times and the lack of moving. I wished I was far enough along where movement is easy to feel and kind of in a regular pattern.

Anyone else have scans lately and baby wasn't moving much at all. I feel like the only movement I saw was the heart beating.

April 25th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 12 week scan with my last baby, she was totally still except for her heart beating. Kind of freaked me out initially, but she was just sleeping, and woke up during the scan.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
April 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jane was pretty sleepy with Tuesday's scan, but super active during all other scans. Doc said they still mostly sleep, so that is why.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 25th, 2013, 06:11 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Babe could be going through a growth spurt. This baby also doesn't move *near* as much as my first 2. We've had several scans and everything is ok so I'm just chalking it up to a laid back baby.

I'd just go off that if the doctor isn't worried there is nothing to worry about I know how hard it is to shake that feeling that something could be wrong, but really, try, try, try not to worry. It doesn't help you or little babe in there.

April 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had quite a few ultrasounds so far (some because I'm high-risk and a couple more because they couldn't find the heartbeat) and it's hit or miss - sometimes the baby is doing acrobatics, and then there are times where he/she is just laying there sleeping.

The good thing is that I feel movement every day now. Hang in there - as you know it's coming for you too!
April 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe jenn Baby was probably just catching some z's. I bet the next time you go, baby will be doing sumersaults in there! Good luck, hon.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry. And if it keeps bugging you, consider calling your OB and letting them answer your questions and put your mind at ease.
April 25th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Veteran
I think the baby was resting and taking it easy because you couldn't! Hope you feel better soon.

April 25th, 2013, 08:14 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had a number of ultrasounds so far, baby was only active in one. Your babys heart rate is good, that's more important. I'm sure you're baby's resting and growing
April 25th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
At my 12 week NT scan my baby was laying on his back bucking up and down. It scared me. I am looking forward to the next scan in hopes he's not still doing that.

So it seems no matter how active or sleepy we worry
April 26th, 2013, 05:44 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thinking baby was just sleepy!! I'm sure all is well!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 26th, 2013, 06:55 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At my 12 week scan the baby was completely still other than the heartbeat. I just chalked it up to a sleeping baby. I remember Dd was always super active and the doctor had to search to find her heartbeat every time.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
So as for the contractions.... keep an eye on it.... likely having so many babies and lack of water was what I got back. Oh and take it easy. HA HA HA funny one!

Oh and I am down 26lbs!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search