Board Theme Feedback.....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the theme that won??
Love it! Lets go with it! 16 36.36%
Hate it, can we do a recount? 7 15.91%
Not a fan, but whatever.... we can make do. 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree94Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not a fan but we can make do

April 29th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My only problem with the original poll is there was a category no one could explain yet 9 (?) people voted for it. I held off voting until the last minute in hopes that someone would shed some light.
April 29th, 2013, 11:46 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
This reminds me of our Senate..
April 29th, 2013, 12:09 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha!! ^^

April 29th, 2013, 02:16 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
My only problem with the original poll is there was a category no one could explain yet 9 (?) people voted for it. I held off voting until the last minute in hopes that someone would shed some light.
The fall wonderland was I think a fall in general theme. you could have gone many ways with it, pumpkins, halloween, woodland creatures, leaves, fall... blah blah blah. That what what I got from it.

I think it was the most broad choice that had many options.

I was surprised at the final 3 myself, as first chats had things pointing at candy.
soul_donut likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I liked the pirates and pixies because it is not the usual season theme. Something different.

April 29th, 2013, 02:45 PM
mmm.. candy... DH found two boxes of movie theater candy in the trash last week. I wonder who ate that?!
April 29th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are we 12? The theme won. If Pumpkin Patch had won, nothing would have been done to change it. I've already suggested combining the two. Why is this not an option? This whole thing seems pretty clear cut.
sweety_pie and ~*Nicole*~ like this.

April 29th, 2013, 03:35 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I voted for Pirates and PIxies but I liked the pumpkin patch theme as well. I thought pirates and pixies was a little more unique! Also agree that a revote is not needed. In the end... it's not a big deal at all! It's a very small detail in a very important time in our lives.
~*Nicole*~ and QL1516 like this.

April 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If worse comes to worse, my opinion is to combine the two most voted for if we all can't agree on anything. I don't think that the winner of the poll should be disqualified or booted though. Yes, I voted for pirates and pixies, however, if pumpkin patch won and this was still a discussion, I'd still have the same opinion.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 29th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't care one way or another. I actually like the idea of combining the 2 themes but that doesn't seem to be an option. The only problem I have with Pirates and Pixies is it seemed like it was leaning more towards Pirates and I feel bad for the "Pixies" in the group.
April 29th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Proud mommy!
I'm note a fan of the theme, but a vote is a vote. It was the winner.
OrangeHope likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly Im not in love with this theme but I picked it because I desperately didn't want my group to be a cliche pumpkins-in-october group. (Sorry to all those who liked that theme...)
*Lana*, ~*Nicole*~, QL1516 and 2 others like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 29th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Leah
I voted for pirates and pixies mainly because it was the most original of the three. I'd guess there were several of who did based on the comments in the original sticky theme idea thread. Aside from that, I'm a Florida native - what's fall again?

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 29th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Missed the original vote while in Europe, so feel like I can't complain!
April 29th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
Yeah, asking for a revote seems sort of bogus to me.

Mind you, it's not a super-huge deal to me, but I feel like when a question is formally asked and answered, it's against the rules to ask the question again. When it comes to polling, this introduces all kinds of weirdness into the system - that's why we never re-poll unless there was a tie.

FWIW I won't participate in a revote. If my first vote didn't count, I don't expect subsequent votes to matter either.
I agree... Kinda like the Prop 8 vote in here in CA! Same concept. Sorry, off topic..

Anyhow... by the time we get a theme we will be 3/4th way through our pregnancy... So I say screw a theme at this point... LoL.

April 30th, 2013, 06:33 AM
"Shay-see"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druslady96 View Post
I agree... Kinda like the Prop 8 vote in here in CA! Same concept. Sorry, off topic..

Anyhow... by the time we get a theme we will be 3/4th way through our pregnancy... So I say screw a theme at this point... LoL.

Er... hm.

Except that is different. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner, which is why pure democracy isn't viable in a civil society. Prop 8 was the majority voting on the rights of a minority - it should never have been put to a vote because it was unconstitutional in spirit (or at least that's how the Supreme Court treated bans against interracial marriage and I expect in June they'll do the same for same-sex marriage and this whole horrible problem will finally be solved once and for all).

Board themes don't infringe on anyone's rights, so it's a horse of a different color. (Also equating trivial message board theme voting to this legislation that has caused real hardship in the lives of real people who don't deserve it is a little bit insensitive, I gotta say) :/

Anyway this thread just took a drastically weird turn, sorry about that. Anyone who wants to debate me on this subject matter will have to start a thread in the private forum. I won't discuss it here further.
SpankyMagoo likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Here is another idea.... combining in some way... rather than combining the pumpkins we could do....

Pirates and Pixies in a Fall Wonderland??

That gives way to incorporate a bunch of stuff.

Like I said im a go with the flow person and agree that the vote was done for a reason, I just don't want anyone to feel slighted or left out.

Then again a theme isn't really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. PG hormones can be a killer and make little things in to huge things.

Think of this.... only with fall trees and colors.

Fallish colors with a mickey pumpkin? LOL and a yummy treat!

anothermother likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Yes pirates on a fall backdrop will do - the donut has spoken! Close the thread!! Lol
April 30th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Yes pirates on a fall backdrop will do - the donut has spoken! Close the thread!! Lol
LOL!!!! THE DONUT HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!! Okay that hit me so funny!
soul_donut likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search