Board Theme Feedback.....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the theme that won??
Love it! Lets go with it! 16 36.36%
Hate it, can we do a recount? 7 15.91%
Not a fan, but whatever.... we can make do. 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree94Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 06:30 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
I don't understand the point of voting if we're choosing something else anyway?

Go with the winner!

And FTR, I didn't vote for Pirates and Pixies, but it won, so ummm, let's do it.
AllieD, chachartier and Seasaidh like this.
April 30th, 2013, 06:38 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend did a pirates and pixie 1st birthday party for her daughter and it was totally adorable. It had a "forest wonderful" slant to it... and in it she had mushrooms and toadstools as an emphasis in her decorating, so we could just do something like that but with pumpkins. In my head it looks adorable.... wish you all could see it

Last edited by anothermother; April 30th, 2013 at 06:59 AM.
April 30th, 2013, 06:43 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
That is a really cute idea. I like that and it is pretty much like combining the 2.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 30th, 2013, 06:48 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Off topic but Christine i saw the cutest nursery items on Pinterest with a toadstool theme! I totally get it!
April 30th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Julie
I just love that pumpkin cake, I want it! OMG, I am sooo excited that I get to have a kid who has a birthday in October! Now I can have an adult Halloween party, a kids' Halloween party, and a cute little kid birthday party with a Halloween theme! Squuuuueeee! The best of 3 worlds!

April 30th, 2013, 07:31 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
I just love that pumpkin cake, I want it! OMG, I am sooo excited that I get to have a kid who has a birthday in October! Now I can have an adult Halloween party, a kids' Halloween party, and a cute little kid birthday party with a Halloween theme! Squuuuueeee! The best of 3 worlds!
I know, I'm pretty ****** excited too. I have these cute stripey straws and cupcake liners all ready for the kid's October shindig - I might end up scrapping the cupcakes and just make drinks but hey! It'll be festive!!!
CountryMedic911 likes this.
April 30th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Leah
I'm not really invested one way or the other in the theme thing and I get that combining might please more people, but on the flip side if we're just combining stuff it can get a little all over the place and then it's not really theme-like. Just my 2˘ on that.

The devil's advocate in me says if we revote we should with two totally different themes and chuck the others.
AllieD and Seasaidh like this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 30th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh the ridiculousness. Can we get on to voting for subforum names so we can get this crap over with. These babies will be born before a decision is made if we continue on this course. Anchors away, mateys.
Loni, fancypants27 and Seasaidh like this.

April 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM
"Shay-see"
I'm just sitting here clicking "like" on everyone's idea that involves moving along from this silliness ASAP. I mean when a breakfast pastry tells you it's over, it is truly over.

I especially like the one where we start voting on the suggested forum names right away. Those of us who want a fall or pumpkin whatever can add those elements to our own signatures/avatars/pirate hats or whatever - that's the beauty of individualism. Can we stop now?

The first quarter to a half of us run a non-trivial risk of not having October babies anyway. The last quarter might want to hedge with some nod to Novemberness. Whatever the heck we're going to do (and it looks like 85% are saying "whatever just go with it") can we just do it now plskthx.
Kelsie and fancypants27 like this.
April 30th, 2013, 09:36 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Just chiming in on the October birthday's here. My oldest son was born on Oct 28th and it has been soooo much fun to have halloween parties for his bday. He is now at an age where he doesn't want a party at all, so I usually take him and a few friends out to dinner and to some haunted houses/forests that we have in the area for the month of October. We have made some awesome snake shaped cakes and spider cupcakes for his parties. I also loved seeing all of his little friends show up in their costumes for the parties. October babies are AWESOME!!!

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 30th, 2013, 09:38 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope I get an Oct baby!
Spyctre likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
wow! I feel like I have been slapped in the face? Guess I shouldn't start threads anymore concerning the board as a whole. I only asked for feedback in how people feel about it in general. Not looking for things like being called childish and getting over this crap on so on!

Sorry for trying to make things fun/happy and try to make everyone feel a part of things. And have their input.

Geez!

I for one thought the thread was fun in that other people were talking about funny things too. While the OP was asking a question, there was also other silly chatter going on, which I thought made it fun.

April 30th, 2013, 09:57 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I don't think anyone was directing their negative comments towards you. The whole theme thing IS getting a little out of hand, though. Maybe i missed the whole point of a theme in my last ddc cause the only thing it's used for there is for subforum names. Too many different themes kinda makes it hard to come up with subforum names that aren't ridiculously long. Besides, it's not possible to please everyone. A pirates and pixies in a pumpkin patch during the fall wonderland is pushing it lol

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

April 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
Sweet, I had not thought of that!!

My daughter was born Dec 18, so we've had fun bringing a winter/Christmas twist to her parties.

I too like the idea of slightly mixing the themes.
We just did a pirate birthday for my son and it rocked for both the boys and girls.
April 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't take it personally. I think the people expressing their annoyance were just expressing it in general with the themes, so don't worry

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quite honestly, your complete disregard for a won theme was a slap in the face. You became so emotionally attached to the idea of the pumpkin patch, that you, as a host, couldn't accept the loss. In my honest opinion, you handled the situation wrong. There should have been no question about a re-vote as, clearly, no re-vote would have been suggested if the pumpkin patch won out. We have polls for reason.

And yes, I will admit that my comments were directed towards you. I do absolutely feel that it was childish to drag this whole thing on on account of what you had hoped for. I do also feel that we need to move this "crap" along.
SpankyMagoo likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
Oh the ridiculousness. Can we get on to voting for subforum names so we can get this crap over with. These babies will be born before a decision is made if we continue on this course. Anchors away, mateys.
"Anchors Away" = Birth Stories Subforum name!!!!

I'm jealous of the ladies that get to give Halloween theme birthday parties. My doctor still thinks I'm due in September, and even if I got my due date, it's 30 days before Halloween! =P
April 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
Quite honestly, your complete disregard for a won theme was a slap in the face. You became so emotionally attached to the idea of the pumpkin patch, that you, as a host, couldn't accept the loss. In my honest opinion, you handled the situation wrong. There should have been no question about a re-vote as, clearly, no re-vote would have been suggested if the pumpkin patch won out. We have polls for reason.

And yes, I will admit that my comments were directed towards you. I do absolutely feel that it was childish to drag this whole thing on on account of what you had hoped for. I do also feel that we need to move this "crap" along.
Please explain to me how this is on account of it not being what I had hoped for?

Was pirates and pixies my vote? No. I actually didn't even vote. I didn't really care either way. There were so many ideas tossed around, the one that I had liked the most originally wasn't even a final option. So no I wasn't "so emotionally attached to the idea and couldn't accept the loss" Seriously? And yes if there had been several showing a little uneasiness on it if the pumpkin patch had been chosen I would certainly asked the same questions.

I only replied to the post when I saw some unhappy feedback and thought I would ask the board as a majority. For me it doesn't matter. Im not doing a nursery based on a theme, buying anything based on a theme. I was only trying to get this part of the board stuff done for the board! not myself. If we had no theme I would be totally fine with it, less to worry about.
sweety_pie and Rosiegirl7 like this.

April 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand the OP's point and the initial desire to please everybody since she didnt sense a consensus on the theme (maybe not everyone voted, missed the poll, etc.). Theres nothing childish in that at all. No need to be mean about it.

I kinda like Christine's "Forest Wonderful" idea...now that I'm having a son I don't want him to be a pirate, I see him more of a prince. But that's just complicating things. I don't care either way. This post was just to defend the idea of getting an idea on how people are liking the theme.
April 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally agree, no need to get carried away with it!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search