Bad mom?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 06:48 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes when I get home with Sawyer I just want to relax on the couch and chill out for a bit. I don't want to deal with the 2 year old tantrums about not going outside right away. And my patience is so limited, I feel bad!! Sawyer has been hitting and throwing lately and not listening. It has been driving me crazy!!! Atleast I'm conscious of my shortcomings I suppose... We painted, he played with water and we went for a walk to make up for my crabby impatience.

April 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Julie
I totally get what you're saying. My son always wants to go outside, but I feel so bad when I'm busy either studying or cooking or dealing with the other kids. I always feel not good enough, but we do the best we can. You're not a bad mom-if you were, you wouldn't wonder about it.
chachartier likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 09:20 PM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
{{hugs}}

we all feel that way sometimes
April 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can only do so much and need a little rest too. Are there any activities that keep him occupied alone/by you when you rest? Search Pinterest for ideas too. Or make a busy box with things he only gets to play with while you rest. Definitely not a bad mom.

April 30th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Veteran
we've probably all felt like that at some point. i know i have. my 12 year old is so tough to deal with sometimes. i feel bad that i don't spend more time with him seeing as i'm his only parent and all. some days i just don't know what to do with him and i need a break.
i love him to death, he's everything to me. being a mom is a lot of never ending hard work, i think it's okay to rest once in a while. we deserve it.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
April 30th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always feel like a terrible mom to my other kids when I'm in my first trimester. I'm just trying to survive, make sure they have their most important needs met.
I'm not too nauseous anymore, but man I wish my energy in the afternoon and evening wouldn't disappear!

You are not alone!
April 30th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way at times. I spend all day alone with Sawyer and when DH is on a 24 hour shift and I am by myself in the evening it can be too much some days. I just need someone else to pay attention to him for a second.

Yesterday we were on our own and I made corn muffins. They were sitting on the counter waiting for the oven to preheat and Sawyer pulled the whole pan off the counter onto himself. He had the batter in his eyes, hair, in between his toes. He was screaming and crying. I ended up crying too.

April 30th, 2013, 07:48 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I know the feeling well. Thankfully I am luck that I have a 12 year old and a 9 year old that love to take my 5 year old outside to play in the back yard in the evenings. they will play outside till dinner is done and then come eat and usually watch TV or something till bathtime and then bedtime.
I can't imagine not having their help now. I remember how it was when Tristen was 3 and I was pregnant with Logan, it was really hard. I am not sure that I could do it now.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 30th, 2013, 09:36 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm where you are. All Dominic wants to do is go outside now. Lately, I have set up a lounge chair at the back door, and I just open it and he will literally entertain himself for an hour climbing in and out the back door. I won't be able to be so relaxed when it gets too hot to have the back door open... and rainy days like today suck cuz he just wants to go outside. I am setting up a play area for him outside that is fenced in, and seriously contemplating getting some kind of shelter to put over it so he can still go out in the rain and not get wet. I can still chill at the back door and see him haha

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
OH YOU ARE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

Just kidding! Girl you are in no way a bad mom!!! You are growing a baby, its hard work. And my feelings on it... while you might have to take some time out for YOU right now, you are giving your little one the BEST gift ever! a sibling! a friend for life!

Dont worry if you are being a bad mom cuz you are not!

Chin up!

April 30th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
You are not a bad mom. Thank goodness I have older kiddos. My oldest helps out alot. She can change diapers, microwave food, get sippy cups ready, go outside with the little one. She is so very helpful. There have been times that she will keep an eye on her little sister so I can lay on the couch an grab a quick snooze or whatever.
April 30th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Proud mommy!
I can totally relate. I feel the same way some days.

April 30th, 2013, 05:54 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lauren- Oh no, I would have cried too! Thanks for making me feel better. I feel "lazy" sometimes..but it is hard work growing one baby and meeting the needs of another! DH works late hours a lot too so that doesn't help matters. I am atleast making an effort to get out of the house or do something that Sawyer wants.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search