ultrasound anxiety!!! ** Update!! **

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 07:29 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
My 16 week appointment is in an hour (oops! better hurry!) and I am so anxious about it! It's just a regular quicky appointment. All night long I dreamed about getting an ultrasound, finding out the gender. It kept me up! Obsessed! I am going to end up breaking down and begging her to do one today and she'll be like, no, see you in 4 weeks get out of here, and I'll be like, hanging from her pant legs wailing PLEASEEEE.

My DH says he's "too cheap" to do an elective one. He's killing me!! I'd just do it myself but I'd want him there. I'm going to pester him every day until the 20 week appointment to punish him!

**** update ****

So I chickened out and didn't attach myself to the midwife (she was new, I didn't want to haze her!) but I did weasel an early 20 week appointment!! My schedule usually has me going on Tuesdays every 4 weeks but I fibbed and said I'd be on vacation the regular Tuesday that I'd be scheduled.. I'm actually leaving on THURSDAY. But they don't have to know that. HAHA! I'll be 19 w 4 days (not 20w4d), no biggie!!

You know what was funny? She asked if I could feel kicks and stuff, and I said, well maybe a little if I poke at it. She told me she could see VISIBLE kicks while she was looking at me. HAHA am I THAT oblivious? I got home and tapped/slapped my belly lightly and felt a kick right back. What a trip!

Weirdly enough I haven't gained any weight, and my blood pressure is exactly the same. So, a good appointment. As long as baby grows, I don't care that I'm not gaining!
Anitha and Seasaidh like this.

Last edited by soul_donut; April 30th, 2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: update!
April 30th, 2013, 07:42 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL I just pictured you hanging off the doc's leg!!

I think I will be the same when I'm AT my u/s May 9th and she won't tell me the gender! I'll be begging PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just tell me! LOL

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 30th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Totally video the whole thing and live JM us and we will tell you the gender!! that office is straight up WEIRD AND CRUEL for not telling you!! lol
sweety_pie and jennyrae03 like this.
April 30th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Julie
Haha! Funny stuff...I am still debating if I will get an elective. They have ones for like $70 for the standard 2d just to find out gender.

April 30th, 2013, 07:50 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with your appointment! Waiting sucks...

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 30th, 2013, 08:12 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll cross my fingers for you that you are able to get an ultrasound without ripping the poor lady's pants off. Maybe if you just bat your beautiful eyelashes a few times, she'll think you really like her, and she'll give you one!
anothermother and soul_donut like this.
April 30th, 2013, 08:21 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
LOL, I get those same feelings. good luck today

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 30th, 2013, 09:01 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
good things come to those who wait my dear!

Hoping maybe you can sway her.

April 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fingers crossed for an U/S and gender info!!
April 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Get the elective- its so worth it!!! I don't know about your area but the places around here specialize in just ultrasounds so they take their time, show you all kinds of angles, they even recorded the heartbeat and put it in a stuffed teddy bear for us to bring home. It's all worth the extra dough trust me. You're not pregnant everyday!

TREAT YO SELF!
April 30th, 2013, 10:41 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ this is exactly why we did the elective. I mean, the tech doing the scan really took her time explaining everything. Showing us every little in and out of the baby. Honestly, she could have taken half as much time and I still would have been over the moon. It really is a lot of fun.

And if you tech's at doctor's offices are as much of a pain as mine were-- they keep you in agony for 15 minutes getting all their measurements before they even begin to look for the gender.

Now that I have you TOTALLY antsy to get an elective... have a great appointment!! Really, really hoping you come back with some pink or blue news!

April 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I always reason with them.
"I know you may not be able to see the gender this early, but can we get a potty shot and your best 80% guess?"

My doctor got out her u/s at 14 weeks to give me a potty shot. We didn't see anything which should have been a clue. There was absolutely NOTHING going on between her legs! Normally you can tell if you are having a boy.
April 30th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are getting in a little sooner.
April 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Sounds like a great appt. Yay for not gaining any weight, that is wonderful. I have a really great OB, when he does my u/s's he really takes his time explaining everything to me and showing me things. I am usually in there for 30 minutes or more. I love that man, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 30th, 2013, 11:23 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad it went well and your in a little sooner! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 30th, 2013, 11:23 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
I got home and tapped/slapped my belly lightly and felt a kick right back. What a trip!
Haha! That sounds like something I would do! Silly girl.

Glad you had a good appointment and that you're weaseling your way in to your ultrasound early!

PS...

Okay that's all.
April 30th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Ladies I am still going to pester DH daily about attending an elective with me, don't you worry! And as for baby TREAT YO SELF?! Trust me, I plan on it. My birthday's comin up WOO WOOOOO!!

This mani pedi is for the BABY!

My favorite smilies! haha I am all cracked out after a good appointment and those donuts I picked up on the way home
April 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Woo hoo that sound like a great appointment overall including being able to schedule the u/s sooner

April 30th, 2013, 11:45 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah Im nervous about my ultrasound next week. Im afraid they wont tell me the gender since Ill be 19 weeks the day after. The part that sucks the most is that we cant afford an elective ultrasound, so if they dont tell us during this scan which will be covered by my insurance then Im going to be forcedinto Team Green. Ik it isnt the end of the world but Im definately a planner so Im gonna be upset if I cant find out.
April 30th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Super Mommy
Way to weasel an early week! I was worried about that too. I went at 12 weeks and due to go at 16, which is this week, but the doc said I can just wait to 18 weeks and get the US at the same time.
soul_donut likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search