For those of you who are having a baby shower

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 05:30 PM
"Shay-see"
Technically you're not but unless you have the sort of friends who will do this sort of thing for you, sometimes you gotta take the bull by the horns.

My theme? cake. Definitely cake.

May 1st, 2013, 06:10 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
My friends want to have one but it'd just be a hassle because everybody lives everywhere else - so I said maybe a brunch or something non-showery would be appropriate and less $ for folks. When is the appropriate month for a baby related shindig?
May 1st, 2013, 11:14 PM
"Shay-see"
Most people do it up near the end, Donut - I think. For us, Septemberish would be most conventional.

Then there's me who's doing a thing in May because that's what makes sense for my situation. None of these rules are hard and fast.
soul_donut likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 01:00 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I like Ducky themed, but I also like Jungle themed so I might just put them together because I dont care what people will think and I like them both!
I want to plan my own for the most part. I don't trust my MIL or Mom to plan something I would enjoy honestly. Neither knows me well enough
May 2nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I am way too OCD to let anyone else do the planning, lol. My mom has some say in it, but she always asks what I want it to be like. If I like those plates, cups, decorations, etc.
I threw one for a friend last year and she had a say in EVERYTHING I did from the food, the decorations, location, time, etc.
I think it makes for a happier momma that way

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks! We are having a fantasy football draft party in late August/early september - that might be a good time to all jiggle my belly and wish the wee one good luck on its way out into the bright, non mushy uterus world! Or that Mumford and Sons concert that we are hosting a party for AT MY HOUSE SEPT 13-15. Lawdy I'm going to be so big, what was I THINKING. I hope my friends just use my house and make all the food and let me lay around, haha. I will provide you shelter and please provide me with french toast casserole in the AM. That will be baby shower enough for me.

ETA: so the moral of the story - my baby shower will likely be football themed
jamieshalon2 and Seasaidh like this.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Hey sounds like fun, AND if you are having a boy then you could totally work that into it somehow. Let the wheels start turning, lol.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
May 2nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
Our draft parties are always a ton of fun - and I'll be the only one not drinking, unless my other friends get knocked up, so my draft picks will probably be superior and have me win the pot AGAIN MUAHAHAHA.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:27 AM
Julie
I love the owl theme! I did turtles and frogs in soft green and baby blue colors for my sister's shower, it was cute. I was thinking of having a vasectomy party or something like that-you know, to celebrate the new baby but also to simultaneously shut people up about how many more kids are we gonna have LOL. I wouldn't even register anywhere. I feel like people would say things like "she's asking for gifts for her FIFTH kid??!!" Not that others shouldn't have showers for their subsequent pregnancies, I just wouldn't feel it was necessary since I still have some things I can use for this one.

May 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Oh the turtles sound really cute too. I love things like that. I threw a ladybug shower last year for my friend and that turned out really cute too. We even got most everyone there to wear red and black which made for really cute pics.
A vasectomy party would be a total hoot. I would love to attend something like that.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
May 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
I am doing rainbows, since this is my rainbow baby (baby after a loss)

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
May 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Julie
Quote:
Originally Posted by happywife View Post
I am doing rainbows, since this is my rainbow baby (baby after a loss)
That's a really nice idea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search