For those of you who are having a baby shower

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Have you thought about any type of theme yet? My mom and I started buying some stuff over the weekend. We went to the dollar tree and bought some clear plastic cups, plates and serving dishes that we can just throw away when it is all over. I found the cutest design that will go for either gender. I fell in love with it when I first saw it.

Owl Baby Lunch Napkins (16), FREE shipping offer, 50% off tableware, and same day order processing from Birthday Direct - Who Loves You Baby Shower Supplies

We have even set the date for September 21st and booked the place. We have to book early because the place I want fills up super fast since it is the only park in my small community. I think it will be great there too since there is a playground for all of those that have to bring little ones with them. My 12 year old and my bff's 16 year old daughter have offered to help watch the little ones for anyone that needs to bring them that day.

Can I just say that I am so excited for it, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 30th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the "Mom to Bee" theme you can do little bees everywhere, its yellow so gender neutral. Love the Owl theme too!
April 30th, 2013, 09:59 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure what I will have for a theme - my sister in law has been plotting my baby shower for several months (before I even found out I was pregnant!). I suppose maybe I should ask her.

My sister wants to have a separate shower that she hosts, and I told her that I better have a Zac Efron themed baby shower, with hot pictures of him all over the place. That's probably inappropriate, isn't it...
Seasaidh likes this.
April 30th, 2013, 10:01 AM
"Shay-see"
My date is closer to labor day than to Halloween (and my docs aren't going to let me go past 40w) - Maybe I should do a union rally theme or something lol.

(I'm kidding mostly because we're new to the area and I don't think I have enough close friends or family here to have a shower.)

April 30th, 2013, 12:06 PM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
We haven't set a date yet & haven't talked about it much but it will more than likely be the middle of Sept. We went all out for DS shower, so this time around we'll do something simple at the house with finger foods

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
April 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
No theme, but I know the church shower will be diapers and baby books.

I'm asking family for season appropriate clothes. All of Winter's will fit in the wrong season. It'll be too hot for the winter clothes, too cold for the summer... I have plenty of toys, blankets, beds, furniture, etc.
April 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since this is baby #3 my girlfriends are going to throw me a sprinkle. It's customary in our friend circle. Just a girls dinner out. In the past we've gotten the mom to be a few new outfits for baby and a pedi giftcard or massage giftcard.
No date set yet. I'm thinking August, before I get too uncomfy!

For a gn theme, I love the bee one and the pea in a pod ones!
Spyctre, Rosiegirl7 and jennyrae03 like this.
April 30th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A Sprinkle! How Cute!
April 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't be having any shower. I haven't had one since baby #1
April 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
I have my shower set for Sunday, September 1st at 1:00pm. I am doing a Victorian/ garden shabby chic theme. My sister is hosting the shower but me and my whole family is pitching in to help and we are sending invites out in july, 8 weeks before shower.
April 30th, 2013, 01:43 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
I wish I was having a baby shower!

April 30th, 2013, 01:44 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No one has even brought it up yet. My sister's & mine wedding showers ended up causing a lot of drama with my mom, so I'm sure that's why she's not all over it right now. I never even thought I could help plan it. Maybe that is what I will do, and try to heal some wounds with my mom in the process.
jennyrae03 likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 01:57 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking a coed BabyQ or raindrops and clouds and umbrellas theme.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM
"Shay-see"
You guys got me thinking and I decided since I'm visiting my hometown next month, I should do an early "shower" - but really I'm just going to have some people over for cake.

It's early but I probably won't be back to the area before October, so it's now or never. I'll be 21 weeks. ...that's okay right?
Spyctre and jamieshalon2 like this.

April 30th, 2013, 06:23 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're visiting where we just moved from in July and want to use the shower as a excuse to see all our friends 'n family (and not sure if the male folk will like the baby shower part) so we're doing a Brews, BBQ and Baby Shower. It'll make it a little more tolerable for the dudes attending (including DH). Not a traditional cutsie shower theme but I want everyone to enjoy themselves.
May 1st, 2013, 03:54 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
You guys got me thinking and I decided since I'm visiting my hometown next month, I should do an early "shower" - but really I'm just going to have some people over for cake.

It's early but I probably won't be back to the area before October, so it's now or never. I'll be 21 weeks. ...that's okay right?

With my second I had mine in early November and he wasn't due until Mid January. I wanted to get it done before all of the holiday parties started up and people started leaving town for the holidays.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
May 1st, 2013, 07:20 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
No shower for me. And it would be nice considering we are starting from scratch. Oh well.

That being said I did have one with #1 and #2, there was no theme to them though. I think back then there just wasn't themed stuff for baby showers. Would be so fun!

May 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM
I had a theme with all of mine so far. Tristen's was 13 years ago and we did teddy bears, Logan's was 10 years ago and it was trains, and Brady's was 6 years ago and it was kind of like a cabbage patch theme.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
May 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Honest question - aren't you not supposed to plan your own baby shower?
May 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You aren't, lol! Sucks huh! But I am gonna try a little

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search