Free sling? Huh!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By Seasaidh
  • 2 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 10:45 AM
"Shay-see"
I bought some sale stuff at Motherhood Maternity and they signed me up for their promotional newsletter or whatever. Anyway, there's a sling maker called Seven Slings

Here:

https://www.sevenslings.com

and they're having a mother's day promo. The thing I got doesn't say how long this is going for, but apparently all you pay is shipping if you want one of their slings ($40 value).

The promo code is MOTHER13. Go nuts - just leave one of the Sonic slings for me ok? I have to wait until I have help measuring myself to order mine.
April 30th, 2013, 10:47 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
They have had that same promo from that site since I was preggo with #6

That sevenslings.com and the other thing that has been going around since then was a free hooter hider for nursing. I think thats what its called?? It was just a pay shipping thing.

Makes me wonder if the slings are really worth next to nothing but they are making out like bandits with the shipping??

April 30th, 2013, 10:55 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also got a "free" nursing pillow from the same company, just pay shipping. It's actually not too bad of a pillow! I mean, I obviously am not nursing yet, but it seems like a comfy pillow!
Seasaidh likes this.
April 30th, 2013, 10:56 AM
"Shay-see"
They've got to be super simple and cheap to make. I mean it's just a cotton/lycra blend in a circle. I haven't checked the shipping price yet but if it's unreasonable I'll not be going through with it. I have a sewing machine if I want a sling that bad.
April 30th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I went through cuz I was curious, it was $15.and some change for shipping. They charge a $3.50 for size warranty or something to exchange if its the wrong size?

I use a moby wrap and love it cuz it stretchy like a tee shirt and those are $45+ at target I know there are other wraps that are woven that can cost over $100. I swear I have seen the "seven slings" at target though?

just checked its the peanut shell sling at target I have seen. But those are adjustable and $40+

April 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM
"Shay-see"
Yeah, they're making a profit on the shipping then. No way it costs $15 to ship that thing. *closes tab*

See what I get for partially suspending my skepticism for even a little bit?
jennyrae03 likes this.
April 30th, 2013, 11:12 AM
the nursing cover was called the uttercover.com same deal, shipping is 11.95 the site almost looks exactly like the other.

I did get an utter cover with #6, it was very small and one wash (following the directions) pretty much ruined it. Never used it once.

April 30th, 2013, 11:20 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
I also got a "free" nursing pillow from the same company, just pay shipping. It's actually not too bad of a pillow! I mean, I obviously am not nursing yet, but it seems like a comfy pillow!
I was also wondering how that pillow was, still waiting on mine. I felt like I couldn't lose for the 12.00 shipping I paid. lol Worth a shot anyways!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The pillow seems really firm, but comfortably so. Honestly, I can't keep my husband's hands off of it. He sits down on the couch with his laptop and sticks it around his neck and relaxes! lol
sweety_pie and Seasaidh like this.
April 30th, 2013, 02:08 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I am getting a Moby Wrap though or something similar to that ( I think a Boba wrap).

I had a sling once and didn't like it much past the infant stage. I did like my baby bjorn carrier though.
Seasaidh likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 30th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkerBeeMama View Post
Thanks! I am getting a Moby Wrap though or something similar to that ( I think a Boba wrap).

I had a sling once and didn't like it much past the infant stage. I did like my baby bjorn carrier though.
I have a new Boba Wrap (they used to be called Sleepy Wraps). I like this brand just a little bit more than Moby.
April 30th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Super Mommy
I made a sling similar to those in the website, and have a Moby that I lent out. I just need to get that back sometime before baby arrives! My favorite is a buckle tei I got at Two Mommas Designs.

Here's the site. Buckle Tai
April 30th, 2013, 04:51 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The free nursing pillow hardly fit around my pre-preggo waist. Doesn't compare to a Boppy pillow or My Breast Friend. May leave it at my parents as I'm there a lot, but currently it is in my daughter's playroom.

Last edited by *Lana*; April 30th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
April 30th, 2013, 05:04 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I've never ordered from this company but I have seen warnings about using a credit or debit card with them. Apparently some people have had issues with them charging way more and/or multiple times. So, use PayPal to keep your info safer

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search