We just can't win (WWYD?)

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Seasaidh
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 02:40 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I swear Dd has been sick more times since us coming back to Texas than she has been in the last 2 years. She just got over a cold last week and then started coughing again two nights ago. Today she looked tired after school and fell asleep before we even left the parking lot, her temp is 101.00 on her left side and 99 on her right side. This means no baseball for us, this is her 4h game to miss because of being sick. My poor baby.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 30th, 2013, 02:50 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope she feels better soon! Sometimes altitude, climate, air pollution, etc. can cause illness in people but they usually get used to it. That happened to my cousin. She was so used to the smog of Pittsburgh that when she went to Colarado the air was too clean for her and her asthma was so much worse that they moved back home again.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 30th, 2013, 02:53 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
aw, poor thing! I hope she feels better soon
April 30th, 2013, 04:01 PM
"Shay-see"
It might just be an unfortunate coincidence, but if you think it's possible that she has the same illness now as she did in the beginning and she's still fighting it after 2 weeks, it might be time to check in with a physician.

I avoid medicating where possible, but 2 weeks is a loooong time to be sick.
Spyctre likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 06:06 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if this is the same cold as she had last week, she was exposed to strep (unknown to me at the time) over the weekend so it's possible it could be that. So far since we have been in Texas she has had the flu, two colds, pink eye, and now this....she just can't catch a break lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
When Alice started school, I think I was keeping her home at least one day a week! I was so ticked off by it. Since she was nonverbal then, I paid very close attention to her. If I thought she was looking ill, she stayed home, and never fail within a few hours there would be a fever.

I know she was catching it from kids in her class, and this is a special ed class. They should have parents very tuned into their kids as well! I don't know if the other parents don't care or they drug up the children and send them? They make me so mad! This year she has had not one but two fevers of over 107 due to some disease ridden classmate. She caught the flu once, had several colds, a rash that needed steroids, a full body rash after another mysterious fever, stomach bugs...

They said breastfed babies end up healthier children. LIES! ALL LIES!
May 1st, 2013, 02:29 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Zoey did not get sick the first 13mths, (not even a cold) as soon as she started daycare she had a cold for 7 months. (And gastro twice). Only now is she started to get days where she is not sick. (Except now shes had gastro since thursday. It sucks because noah is only 6 months and has already had 4 colds and has gastro now too. But my pediatrician swears that this will boost their immune system for when they are a bit older. Just really really sucks right now.

May 1st, 2013, 02:30 AM
Julie
Poor thing some kids/people are more susceptible to illness than others. I've found that even if the classic signs of strep are missing to get the throat culture anyway. I have been surprised a few times when it turned out to be strep in my kids.
fancypants27 likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 05:49 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I think I would take her to the doc because she has been exposed to strep. When Tristen was in kindergarten he caught the kind of strep that eats away your skin. Never once had a sore throat, but his hands and feet were peeling, he felt yucky and he was running a temp. we were back and forth for almost 3 weeks before they could get him well again. Kindergarten was NOT a fun experience for us because of illnesses.
Not sure how much truth there is to this, but a pediatrician that we don't usually see told us that if strep goes untreated it can turn into scarlet fever. I hadn't heard that before and I don't know that doc, so I am leary of trusting her.

I hope your little girl feels better soon though.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww poor thing...I hope she feels better soon. She is probably still adjusting to the new environment..

May 1st, 2013, 07:29 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
hoping she feels better soon! have you had wacky weather going from hot to cold to hot to cold??

Seems like when our weather goes wacky like that its like ASKING for everyone to get sick all over again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search