How do you...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 04:06 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Seasaidh, I had one with Winter during Christmas, but I paid for it with this reflux after. lol I'm too scared now to try. This stuff is kicking my butt! But I support an occasional celebratory glass for the moms that can.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
May 1st, 2013, 04:33 PM
"Shay-see"
I have been having small sips off my husband's beer and wine here and there. I've noticed something weird happening though - within a couple minutes of taking a sip, I get slow spreading pain (not serious but definitely noticeable - like a steady aching) in my leg muscles and then my upper body muscles - it lasts for about 10 min and then it goes away.

It's happening in the same muscle groups that I use/focus on when I'm lifting (yes, I'm still weight lifting but less often and I'm not pushing hard) so I think that it's related, but this has seriously never happened before and it's kinda freaking me out, so I am probably going to give up even the sips.

May 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I just went back in and re-read this - I bet your guy friends would love to have a shower for you! Seriously! I think the guys I know would like showers if they weren't all, rah rah ooh and ah over registries, and more like, party for you! Hooray! Let's drink and have pizza and good foods preggos like! Men can be on board with that for sure. If I knew them I'd tell them to start planning a pizza party in your honor and they'd LOVE it. Do it! Guys are so straightforward you wouldn't even have to feel awkward bringing it up. They probably wouldn't know unless you told them flat out anyway. DO IT
FishermansWife4 likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 04:38 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMedic911 View Post
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to go shopping later then curl up on the couch and watch Medea movies...I was fine finally getting comfortable with pregnancy that everything was going to be ok! Getting excited buying cute stuff for Jacob and looking for his first pair of boots lol....then I got an invite in the mail for not one but two baby showers for the SAME co worker....that's what got me feeling horrible about myself and my life stupid I know! I don't know many women who would go to a baby shower for me so that's why I'm not having one for myself or anyone putting one on for me. I know it's my own fault I don't have friends that would go 90% of my friends are guys because I work in a very male dominated field. I also know I shouldn't let something so silly make me so mad and feeling down! I just can't help it I feel horrible and stupid for feeling this way!

It's perfectly normal IMO to feel this way. Please, try to love yourself instead of beating yourself up for feeling this way I'm stealing Melissa's saying here: TREAT YO SELF!!!! You deserve it and sometimes doing something just for you, spur of the moment, could really make your day a bit better. Who wants to hang out with catty chicks anyway It's really hard to find females that aren't cliquy and back stabbers who talk a lot of gossip, IMO (Well, not so much the ladies here but I've met an awful lot of them offline). You can always join the cyber shower and we'll totally check out your gift and celebrate you Once again, TREAT YO SELF!! And ice cream makes everything better
CountryMedic911 likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
May 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Thank you everyone!!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

May 1st, 2013, 06:21 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I"m late on the game, but totally know this feeling!! Usually alone time helps me regroup. I also didn't have a shower with my first- well I had a work one, but they are mandatory and much appreciated!! I have a very small close circle of friends- like 2, so I didn't have an actual baby shower though I would have LOVED one. I am super shy, but I secretly like feeling celebrated and special! (Who doesn't?!)

I kinda like to baby celebrate party ideas, that might be a fun do able thing for me this time around. Hope you are feeling better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search