How do you...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 10:06 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Snap out of bad moods? I have been in this funky really bad feel bad for me mood for the last two days and can't snap out of it....

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

April 30th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
A cup of wine and a phone call to my most outrageous friend normally. SOL now! Lol
CountryMedic911 likes this.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
April 30th, 2013, 10:38 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
A bath and some alone time!!
April 30th, 2013, 11:37 PM
"Shay-see"
Yanno Spyctre - research suggests strongly that there's nothing harmful about the occasional single glass of wine.

I try to get my husband to massage me (back/hands/feet/head) for a short time - human touch is a sure-fire way to get me to relax and reset. If he's not around I just deal in the ways I have available - yoga, junkfood, arguing on the internet

I've been surprised lately with just how easily my mood can turn sour. I'm just going about my day and some small thing will just put me in a grouch for hours. It's so ridiculous. It's worse than PMS.

May 1st, 2013, 03:22 AM
Julie
Exercise! Alone time, fuuny movie. I think also just talking about it helps, so hopefully it's on it's way out for you.

May 1st, 2013, 03:32 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hitting the gym, going for a walk,... im a pretty cranky person, watching my little ones play usually puts a smile on my face

May 1st, 2013, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Retail therapy?
May 1st, 2013, 06:22 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have definitely been slipping into a really bad mood lately. Exercise definitely helps, a funny movie, cuddle time. My problem is a tend to brood when I am having trouble sleeping at night. You can also trying forcing yourself to write down 5 things you are grateful for each day. I have trouble with depression and it is hard to change the way your mind is thinking, but set exercises like that actually do help sometimes. Or wear a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time you start thinking really negative and go look at pictures of puppies.
May 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I look at silly pictures of kittens or those crazy buzzfeed fails etc. Really absurd stuff.. Or I indulge it and just go to bed, relax etc. Time outside helps, or getting something done like cleaning out a closet or drawer etc - that is small enough that it doesn't make me want to procrastinate, but satisfying at the end and in the middle your mind melts a little and you don't think about what's bugging you.
Wren and CountryMedic911 like this.
May 1st, 2013, 07:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Humor! A funny movie or a funny website like the one jennyrae posted yesterday. Those will bring out of it usually...or just talking about it to someone I know will understand and help me out of it.
Btw I've always wanted to use this smilie

May 1st, 2013, 07:51 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too was going to suggest wine...although probably more like half a bottle? What can I say, I love wine. Unfortunately, getting hammered during pregnancy is frowned upon.

Sooooo...I like to just step away and take some time for myself. Hole up in the living room with a blankie and a chick flick, or read a good book.
May 1st, 2013, 08:31 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I feel ya!

I find myself feeling down more and more each day and can't snap out of it.

May 1st, 2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to go shopping later then curl up on the couch and watch Medea movies...I was fine finally getting comfortable with pregnancy that everything was going to be ok! Getting excited buying cute stuff for Jacob and looking for his first pair of boots lol....then I got an invite in the mail for not one but two baby showers for the SAME co worker....that's what got me feeling horrible about myself and my life stupid I know! I don't know many women who would go to a baby shower for me so that's why I'm not having one for myself or anyone putting one on for me. I know it's my own fault I don't have friends that would go 90% of my friends are guys because I work in a very male dominated field. I also know I shouldn't let something so silly make me so mad and feeling down! I just can't help it I feel horrible and stupid for feeling this way!
FishermansWife4 likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
"Shay-see"
You guys, it's perfectly normal to want to feel celebrated and loved during this special time. A baby shower's purpose is, essentially, to demonstrate that you are supported and cared for while in the emotionally vulnerable and physically demanding period of having an infant. It's okay that you want one and it's okay to feel bad if it's not possible in your current situation. Piling on meta-stress by hating yourself for feeling bad and things like that just compound your problem. You're human. Be nice to yourself.

If we had teleporters I would absolutely set aside the time and $ to come to each one of your individual showers. Sadly, some of us will have to settle for a package in the mail and access to this message board for support. Don't beat yourself down about it - being a mom is pretty socially isolating and a lot of people find themselves in your position. It's not any kind of failure on your part. Really.

May 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Your pregnant and have every right to feel the way you do.
Get yourself a good book, light some candles ad if all else fails ...have some good sex!
It works wonders for me!

May 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a guy shower! I didnt get the best gifts (what boy picks good baby gifts) but it was fun none the less. Pizza joint, beers, and invite their girlfriends and/or wives (dont invite both their GF's and wives...not a good night). You pick up some of the cost (example, buy all the food). It's a way to celebrate. You dont have to do the norm.

You can even have baby games....
Seasaidh likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM
"Shay-see"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gRod View Post
I had a guy shower! I didnt get the best gifts (what boy picks good baby gifts) but it was fun none the less. Pizza joint, beers, and invite their girlfriends and/or wives (dont invite both their GF's and wives...not a good night). You pick up some of the cost (example, buy all the food). It's a way to celebrate. You dont have to do the norm.

You can even have baby games....
This is the first time I've wished I could like a post multiple times. This is awesome.

I asked my facebook generally who in my hometown would like to come to a baby-cake party (where we eat cake to celebrate the baby). Wouldn't you know like 3 dudes responded. It's a different world these days!
gRod likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My baby shower is that way too. Its more like a party. We invite people to celebrate the baby with us. There's food & fun and its for the whole family, not just women. They bring small gifts nothing big ticket. And we pay for the food. It's really more like a party than a shower. You should totally consider it. Even having a few families will cheer you up big time and will be so much fun!!

May 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel. I have moved around a ton for jobs and grad schools, so I tend not to have a whole group of close friends nearby. For that reason things like baby showers and wedding showers stressed me out a bit. I have about 5 really close friends who live scattered across the world, lots of old friends and acquaintances scattered around the world, and then a small circle of friendly local acquaintances that I have only known for a year or so. I'm hoping I stick here for a while.

Adding - I know it is hard not to compare your situation to the way it "should" be, but just focus on the cool people you know and love who will celebrate you in your own way. I had a shower after my daughter was born when I was visiting my parents with all my cousins and aunts and a few childhood friends. I didn't have a work shower or a shower where I lived, but it was lovely.

Last edited by Wren; May 1st, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
May 1st, 2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks y'all! Made me feel a lot better and maybe you are right it's ok to have a non traditional "shower"
Seasaidh likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search