Just for fun, who would you choose?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 08:14 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who do you think is the weirdest/strangest/probably shouldn't be a celebrity celebrity and why?

My vote goes to:

I don't feel like I need to explain my choice.

Now you go!
May 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
um.... there are many.... but I gotta say I am sure those pictures make her mom and dad proud!

WOW!
CountryMedic911 likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 08:43 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I think I have to say Lady Gaga. Don't want to offfend anyone here who likes her. Heck my DH loves her, but I think she is just kind of creepy, lol.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
I agree with Lady Gaga. Creepy, weird.

Miley clearly has issues. I have a friend who used to work as her assistant, but left shortly before Miley started going over the deep end publicly.
May 1st, 2013, 09:11 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jamie, I love Gaga, but I totally understand where you're coming from. She's a lot to swallow!
jamieshalon2 likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know.... Amanda Bynes has gotten kinda crazy. Though I have to agree, I am pretty sad the way that Miley has gone. I used to think she was adorable.

May 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Love Gaga! She is really talented - like, singing and dancing at the highest quality talented, and writes her own music and lyrics for the most part. She is bizarre (but I like it!).

Hm.. Maybe Tara Reid (circa the 2000s more though when she was popular - she really wasn't able to act), or Avril Lavigne.
May 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea Amanda Bynes and Kim Kardashian..not sure why they are both famous and constantly in the news.
QL1516 likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Lady gaga should not be famous. She's really freaking weird and manly lol.

Kesha and beyonce are pretty overrated too.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

May 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kim Kardashian. As long as giving a BJ and having sex on video earns you a reality show and countless magazine covers there's no hope for the future of celebrities.

On a side note I was sad about Reece Witherspoon. So disappointing.
QL1516 and jennyrae03 like this.
May 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't like "reality stars." Okay, except for the one sweetheart on Teen Mom who's son is Bently and Leah from Teen mom seems like a sweetheart too. Other than that, ESPECIALLY the Jersey Shore people, I just can't stand. They irk me like no body's business. Not to offend anyone, I just personally can't watch it or them.
QL1516 likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
May 1st, 2013, 02:46 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Niki Minaj ugggggg
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

May 1st, 2013, 04:29 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
LOL Summer! I like one song by her, but my goodness, she's so...MUCH.

Ditto to reality stars! Any reality star. Why are people watching these people? I think a lot act out because they are on camera, and I honestly get tired of seeing their faces in stores, on magazines. I don't care who had sex with whom or who had a baby...

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com

Last edited by Spyctre; May 1st, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
May 1st, 2013, 04:57 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Kardashians. Who the hell are they and what did they ever do?? Or Paris Hilton, again, who the hell is she and what did she ever do? Since when does having money, a hot body, tits and a diva attitude make someone famous? (no offense if you like any of them). I dont care what other people wear, where they party, what they do, WHO they do, etc. Even celebrities I do like - I really dont care about their personal lives.....so I totally dont get the reality TV thing. There is enough life for us to each live our own live's, we dont need to live through someone else.
May 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM
"Shay-see"
Lady Gaga's uniqueness is what makes her famous. Her dash of gender ambiguity gives her character - I don't think any of us are purely feminine in the traditional definition of such - I think it's awesome that someone out there embraces it so head-on as she does. If you've ever seen a haute couture fashion show, you'll quickly understand where the "weird" comes from. She loves fashion, and now she is a fixture in the industry.

Also, if you've ever seen her show go wrong, you'll see the level of professionalism and dedication she's capable of. There's one where she got randomly sick mid-show and she was vomiting on stage - she put her back to the crowd and kept dancing and somehow managed to never miss a beat - many people in the crowd would have never known she was physically ill if the video hadn't gone viral - I couldn't believe what I was seeing. In another, her soundboard goes out. Again, she's unfazed and strongly finishes the song a capella and one of her supporting performers beatboxes for her until the sound is fixed. Seamless.

She's freaking hardcore and hardworking and unapologetically herself and yet totally open about her own emotional vulnerability and supportive of outliers (you know - the weird kids at school etc) in society. I think she's an amazing individual, 100% - and I am not generally a fan of pop music, but her versatility and talent as an artist plus her fantastically beautiful personality is like a beacon you could see from space. Love her.

...and I don't really keep up with celebrities, so I don't even know which ones I don't like. I know I couldn't really care less about the majority - they're not relevant to my life. Their dramas make for some amusing headline-reading when I'm waiting to pay for my groceries and from what I can tell very few of them deserve the level of attention they get. ...and that's about all I've got.

May 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM
"Shay-see"

Argh!

Last edited by Seasaidh; May 1st, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
May 1st, 2013, 06:23 PM
seasaidh - LOVE your description of Gaga! Bravo.
May 1st, 2013, 08:44 PM
Leah
I'd say the Kardashians. They've amassed this huge empire over what? A sex tape that involved a friend of another reality star getting peed on by the brother of a 90's R&B/TV star? They're proof that you can create celebrity now.

I'm quite disappointed with much of what passes for mainstream entertainment anymore. I miss the 90s. Yeah, I said that...

*goes to gaze at crushed velvet baby doll dress, wondering if it can work for maternity*

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 2nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
@ Jenny - look at this one!!!

WTH is that about? Somewhere, Rihanna saw this and just laughed her *** off.
MrsPea likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I can agree with Seasaidh's Gaga assessment. I mean, she's weird, a little crazy, but not completely classless or raunchy like some of the celebrities out there. While I'll probably never go to one of her concerts, I do appreciate her original music.

And yeah, Kardashian's? Not a fan. I've tried watching there show a couple of times and they are just *mean*! Especially Kris. I hate how they treat Bruce. He's the only one that seems to get the reality of life and the need for ethics/morals despite your status.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search