Weight gain Wednesday!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 07:30 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was curious how my weight gain was stacking up compared to what I "should" be gaining.

I am on the high side of normal, but still in my recommended area. This doesn't surprise me, since I've been eating like a hog and try to move as little as possible

How are you measuring up?

Pregnancy Weight Gain Tracker | Tools | BabyCenter
May 1st, 2013, 07:33 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I am down 26lbs as of my appointment last week.

says I am obsese and should only gain 11-20lbs.

May 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
I am down 26lbs as of my appointment last week.
I never would have guessed that pregnancy could be a weight loss tool!

As far as being "obese," I have always felt that the parameters of the BMI index are a little skewed, seeing as they don't actually account for muscle tone, etc. It just lumps everybody into one general category no matter their body type. Bunch of baloney! But I thought this calculator was okay for a general idea of what I should be gaining, since I really have no clue what is appropriate and what isn't! I feel like I'll probably go way over my limit and then cry for years after the fact. lol
Seasaidh likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
I have been gaining 1 lb a week...5 lbs in the past 5 weeks...7 overall which is ok for 18-19 weeks along..Ill take it!

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

May 1st, 2013, 07:46 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I'm a little lost but it looks like my dot isn't on the chart - I'm not gaining enough? 2lbs? I'm eating just fine so I'm not concerned.
May 1st, 2013, 07:48 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
For me I lose weight when I am preggo since im so fluffy anyway. But then I end up gaining when I am nursing. It sucks.

May 1st, 2013, 07:48 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on the higher end of normal too, but still in the recommended!

Says I should gain 15-25lbs this pregnancy. I'm up 7lbs so far.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 1st, 2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
I'm a little lost but it looks like my dot isn't on the chart - I'm not gaining enough? 2lbs? I'm eating just fine so I'm not concerned.
LOL! It's probably because they didn't have a donut drawn up to use, so they just don't let you have a dot on chart

I wish I had only gained 2 pounds! I've gained 7. Oops!
soul_donut likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
i'm not trying to manage my weight - I am just finding that it's all staying the same! #s wise, anyway. Strangely enough for not technically gaining weight my thighs and arms are getting a little rounder. My midwife said it wasn't a problem and that I'd likely make up for this in Italy when I'm eating all that pasta and gelato.
May 1st, 2013, 08:25 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lost weight too. 10 pounds. I don't think I've gained any, or at least not more than a pound or two. This graph recommended I gain 25-35 pounds uh no thanks. I've never gained any more than 25 with my pregnancies. Though, don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm *trying* to keep my weight down, I just don't keep weight on while pregnant. I gain it afterwards though, ugh.

May 1st, 2013, 08:27 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It says I should gain 25-35 lbs. I am still down 4 lbs from my starting weight. I'm not even sure how I'm eating everything in sight and yet my weight stays the same. I'm not too worried about it, at least I stopped losing and I certainly have a healthy appetite.

May 1st, 2013, 08:31 AM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
My initial weight was done with my coat on, holding my purse (????) so it looks like I lost weight. I don't think I did, but I haven't gained much in my first trimester with either pregnancy. My eating habits don't typically change, I'm a pig pregnant or not. Right now I have gained about a pound.
May 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
i'm not trying to manage my weight - I am just finding that it's all staying the same! #s wise, anyway. Strangely enough for not technically gaining weight my thighs and arms are getting a little rounder. My midwife said it wasn't a problem and that I'd likely make up for this in Italy when I'm eating all that pasta and gelato.
It took me a good 5 months to gain with my first pregnancy. I think that is pretty normal. I think it is great that you will be able to splurge a bit in Italy.

The calculator says I am underweight and I should gain a billion pounds but I was the same with my first, only gained 21 pounds and had a 7.2 pound baby 3 weeks early. If i would have went full term i would have had a 9 pound baby. These calculators aren't so smart. My body knows what it needs to gain and I just listen to my hunger signals as much as possible.
soul_donut likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 09:11 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I lost weight in the first tri with my boys. I've gained about 5-6lbs thus far which is def not normal for me. I'm only a few weeks away from being halfway done, so I'm ok with it. My goal is to stay under 20lbs total gained. I usually am under my pre-pg weight by about 4w pp, so I won't complain.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

May 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
So far I have still only gained 4 pounds so far. Which is totally fine by me since it says I should only gain 11-20 pounds since I am obese. I do find the obese category to be funny just as any of the rest. I don't know how the calculator is suppose to calculate an obese person who walks almost 3 miles daily, consumes 10x the amount of insulin a normal person would in a day. I am really hoping the lack of weight gain so far as been from be giving up the diet soda addiction. The calculator says I am on the low end of normal for my weight gain so far.

May 1st, 2013, 09:53 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sigh. I lost weight my first trimester with my first two because I was so sick.
Not this time. I've gained 7-8lbs so far.
May 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My drs scale yesterday said I was down 4. My scale says im back to even.

Feels like when I eat healthy I put on pounds and if have pizza and fries I drop weight. I dont get it.

May 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
I've gained a total of 4lbs... so a pound a month (not too bad thus far)

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
May 1st, 2013, 11:01 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I am only up 1 lb as of my dr.s appt on Monday. I never gained any with my daughter. I'm slowly gaining with this one. However when I nurse and pump the weight falls off me.

May 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm down about 3 pounds still, but on my way up. I'm "normal" BMI, so supposedly I should gain about 25-35 pounds. I think I only gained 20 last time, but I was induced a month early.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search