please help then I promise to stop being a nuisance

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 2 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 2 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By Allisonjuly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
First off, I want to apologize for all the ranting ive done about my pelvic rest. I know ive probably p***** some people off with it...it wasnt my intention, ive just been freaking out because honestly I didnt know how I was going to manage my 2 weeks. Ive never been good at managing certain things and this one I know is serious because it could affect my baby so I was more scared than anything. With that said, can anyone just make some suggestions for how I can get through the next week without anymore freaking out over it? Ik it is what it is and I just need help coming to terms with it.
May 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM
"Shay-see"
If it were me, I'd get help moving my TV and video game system to where I could use it from the bed, and I'd just veg out and try to make the most of it by having friends visit and watch trashy TV with me or maybe find a massage therapist who does outcalls or something. Maybe I'd finally get my scrapbooking project done or work on a blanket for the baby.

Basically I'd just try to keep myself distracted as much as possible. Hopefully you'll be all set after this next week.
May 1st, 2013, 05:19 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Start a new TV series! When I started Mad Men on Netflix, it was game over, life! How I Met Your Mother is fun and easy to watch too, if you haven't watched that yet. There are a ton of good things on Netflix. Get someone to pick up some good books at the library? Paint your nails? I like rummikub.com sometimes - that game is fun to me. You can put together a pinterest board for decorating the nursery or anything you're interested in. You can comment/argue with people on news articles.. Hmm.. You can learn how to braid your hair w/ youtube videos. Sign up for free magazines online? Do all your holiday shopping online, now?

I don't think anybody is pissed off.. probably just jealous that you're having so many orgasms over there all the time, haha. That cracked me up about your bed rest, no offense. We have sex a fair amount but if I had to miss a couple weeks, I'd probably be cool with it, not shave my legs and enjoy myself.
jamieshalon2 likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 06:21 PM
Julie
I also don't think anyone is annoyed with your posts-this is why we're all here, to support each other!That being said, sometimes when I feel really crappy I watch movies in which the characters are in worse off than I am and it makes me feel better lol. I hear candy crush saga is highly addictive, maybe try that? Definitely some human contact would help.
Druslady96 and soul_donut like this.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
sometimes when I feel really crappy I watch movies in which the characters are in worse off than I am and it makes me feel better lol.
That is kind of morbid/hilarious. This bedrest sucks but at least I'm not being attacked by sharks in Open Water!!!
May 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you on pelvic rest or bed rest? Isn't pelvic rest just "no sex" ?
May 2nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Im on pelvic rest so yes, no sex for me.
May 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
I just misunderstood then - if you're not confined to bed, just trying not to jump your husbands bones.. spray him with stinky cologne. Shave your pubic hair into something embarrassing. Put a wall of pillows in the middle of the bed. Eat tons of garlic and onions (or have just your DH do it) - you both can't do it then it cancels out. Don't brush your teeth. Wear your pants backwards so it's harder to unlatch the buckle. If you have other kids, let them have a sleep over in your room. Call your in-laws before bed. Watch videos of women in labor. Pick an annoying voice and use it when having alone time with DH. I have a million of these things.
jennyrae03 and Seasaidh like this.
May 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Yeah I think ill just stick with the idea that it may possibly hurt/kill my baby if I have sex while on pelvic rest. It scares the s*** out of me but given the fact that I dont know any different as of now, itll keep me from doing it since im clearly not willing to take the chance. Its so much worse of a feeling to even want it when you know its something that can affect your baby, but maybe ill come out of this finding it hilarious too. I doubt it but maybe. Thanks for the suggestions ladies. Its still harder to come to terms with than I thought it would be but I appreciate the help. Maybe half of it is because I feel guilty...idk. I think ill stay off of here for a while.
May 2nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok now I don't feel bad. I "LOL" in response to your orgasm post because I thought you were talking about sex. I wanted to make sure I didn't misunderstand the situation.

I don't mean to offend you. It's only funny to me because I have had horrid m/s and can't imagine wanting sex let alone suffering because I can't have it. In a past pregnancy I was on 3 weeks of bed rest and pelvic rest and I remember I wanted to slug the doc when he asked me how dh was "holding up".
Druslady96 likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
BTDT.... keeping busy helps, play games, movies... anything.

I mean its like you cant have sex EVER again. Try to keep that thought. PLUS think of how good it WILL be when you finally can! Good things come to those who wait.

May 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
Ok now I don't feel bad. I "LOL" in response to your orgasm post because I thought you were talking about sex. I wanted to make sure I didn't misunderstand the situation.

I don't mean to offend you. It's only funny to me because I have had horrid m/s and can't imagine wanting sex let alone suffering because I can't have it. In a past pregnancy I was on 3 weeks of bed rest and pelvic rest and I remember I wanted to slug the doc when he asked me how dh was "holding up".
No thats fine. I even laughed about my orgasm dream because it was still pretty funny. What I dont understand...and maybe im just being hormonal...idk..., but I dont get why pelvic rest would ever be found as something funny. Im on it because I was bleeding....something that would horrify any pregnant woman. So it is pretty offensive when someone posts saying that it cracked them up when it involves something so serious. Idk...I would never laugh about something like that but thats me. Like I said, maybe I should just stay away from here for a while.
May 3rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine was due to bleeding too. Not funny. Truthfully don't think about the sex at all. You have bigger fish to fry. I lost that baby I was on bed rest for. I suffered major guilt over it and replayed in my mind all the times I did not stay in bed. It's not worth it.

If you're looking for other ways to connect with dh what about cards or board games? Dh and I like to play rummy and scrabble. It's fun!
May 4th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Anything that your dr. suggests when there is bleeding is of course a serious matter... but if it's to keep your baby safe I'm not understanding why it's causing you such turmoil? I didn't see your other posts but it sounds like it's simply two weeks without sex? If your concern is your husband... cause that would be mine... then give him blow jobs. Now if your dr. asked you to abstain for the remainder of your pregnancy... that would be totally stressful... but two weeks should be cake.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search