Where to Register?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 04:34 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I already had TWO people ask where I am registered for baby gifts which got me excited but also a little stressed since I haven't even started thinking baout that yet.

Have you started registering stuff? If so, where did you go or plan to go? Do you usually pick one place like Target or do two like Babies R Us and Target?
May 1st, 2013, 04:42 PM
"Shay-see"
Amazon? I would imagine that their available product catalog is much larger, and it's nice to give people the option of shipping something and being able to order without having to find a brick&mortar.

I am such a product of my era, though - doing everything online isn't for everyone. I try to remember that

May 1st, 2013, 04:49 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't even think about Amazon- thats a good idea!
May 1st, 2013, 04:56 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a Buy Buy Baby in your area? It is huge and owned by Bed Bath and Beyond. They accept the weekly Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupons and I know alot of people register there.

I won't register with this baby but with my first I just did Target.

May 1st, 2013, 05:10 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Buy Buy Baby. Much better selection on items than BRU and Target. And there is pretty much always a 20% of coupon available. Our local store didn't open until my daughter was about 5 months old.
I registered at both BRU and Target. I put most things that I wanted more than one of on both registries, but kept bigger items only on one registry.
Also, my family is two hours from a BRU, but there are Target stores within an acceptable distance.

May 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Amazon is where I'll make my secret list whittled down and public by invite, should someone ask.
May 1st, 2013, 06:15 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a registry with Target right now... it's more of a check list for me though. Once we get closer to shower time I may register at BRU too.

May 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also keeping a registry on Amazon for myself. Just adding things I like, but don't need anytime soon.

May 1st, 2013, 07:04 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've started having people ask, yikes hadnt thought about it much. We're going with Babies R Us and Target since they're everywhere. My SIL is coming down next weekend and she's going to help get me started. She's got 4 little's and knows her baby stuff....I dont even know all that we'll need.
May 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
Leah
I'm thinking Babies R Us because the local Target only has so much. I expect I'll be in both stores after the shower, so it'll be no bigs if stuff is dybed and has to go back. A lot will be good doubles, I'm sure. I likely won't register for clothes though. I'd rather seeing what people come up with themselves. And I'll make sure that everyone knows I. Open to random, one off gifts too.

I'm thinking a book list as well.... And a movie list.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 1st, 2013, 11:52 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Babies R US and Buy Buy Baby for the more expensive things and weird items I guess (they have cloth diapers!).
I told people if they want feel free to get it on amazon though if it's cheaper...not like we can't return/exchange things if we get two of the same.
May 2nd, 2013, 04:14 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have never heard of Buy Buy Baby, lol. I know we don't have one here. I had to register at 3 places... ugh. Walmart for Dh's family in North Carolina because they are coming to the shower, but will not order gifts online and they don't have a Target or a BRU in the area where they live. I did Target for myself because I like lots of the stuff there and BRU for my online friends because my blog wouldn't let me choose target. Mostly I just have necessity items on all of them though.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 2nd, 2013, 04:28 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Amazon is where I'll make my secret list whittled down and public by invite, should someone ask.
This is what I've done. It's mostly for DH and I.
If my mother or MIL want to buy us something I'll point them there.
May 2nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can add items from other websites onto an amazon wish list too, so it's kind of like a book mark for me.

May 2nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an giant registry on Amazon

Part of it is just stuff I liked and tagged and part of it is stuff I will keep on the registry. I love that it is universal!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
May 3rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
my top choice would be target.

babies r us as a 2nd.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search