Fridays Chit Chat

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 03:38 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Lets give this a whirl!

Lets see if we can keep a chit chat thread going.

I'm so not a morning person and feel like I got next to no sleep. It kills me how on the mornings I have to get up I can't seem to get out of bed but the days when I could sleep in, I totally am awake by 6am.

I also have only one kid who has school today. The others were like its not fair! Why can't we sleep in?!? Haha oh I feel that!

May 3rd, 2013, 04:18 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hating this morning too!! My little girl was up coughing ALL night, so we had little to no sleep!! So tired today. Plus I woke with cramps or aches, must have been round ligament pains or something!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 3rd, 2013, 04:52 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning I slept a little late this morning. It's rainy and dark today.
What's everyone up to?
May 3rd, 2013, 05:32 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have to work until 3:30 today. Which is so much better than 4:30 which is what I usually work. I am going to try to take my oldest to get his hair cut tonight, but I will see how that goes. My ankles are very swollen this morning and I am not sure why, they have been like that for the past few days, but usually go down at night while I am sleeping. Not this time though. We have soccer pics tomorrow, so I would really like for him to get his hair cut. He looks kinda like a shaggy dog right now, lol.

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 3rd, 2013, 05:37 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
It kills me how on the mornings I have to get up I can't seem to get out of bed but the days when I could sleep in, I totally am awake by 6am.
Same here! I almost made one of my kids late for school this morning because I slept through my alarm. I bet you anything tomorrow morning, when I have absolutely nothing to do, I'll be up at 7am.
May 3rd, 2013, 05:53 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's cold and wet here this morning. 39F in NE Texas in May, gah this is the weirdest spring we have had in my entire life. I am consoling myself by obsessively going over our budget and calculating ways I can make it stretch even farther. Oh and I am planning our garden that I can finally start at the end of the month. Woohoo I can't wait!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 3rd, 2013, 06:32 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been chomping at the bit to get my garden started-

my tomatoes i have started inside but just waiting to get some seeds started outside

the wait has been torture this year
May 3rd, 2013, 06:33 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Good you're still in the planning stage, considering that cold snap!

We woke up and started tending to the flood in the yard first thing.. I wasn't wearing pants, I had a towel wrapped around my head under a baseball cap - I'm glad we have high fences. We built a sandbag barricade out of potting soil and pavers to try and keep the mulch out of the pool. We righted all the tipped over things and moved all of the potted plants to one area of the yard. We did our best to keep as much stuff out of the standing water as possible in the garage, but we'll see if there is any damage after the rain stops. We are now planning on installing a water pump, gutters, and a garage sealer because if we get hit with an actual hurricane... it's not going to be pretty!

We were going to do an "art walk" tonight, but I thinkkkkk it may be cancelled Movie night in? Any recommendations? I saw "Bachelorette" was available on Netflix. Anyone see it?
May 3rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have never heard of Bachlorette, but I am not too up to date on movies right now, lol.
Is it still raining there? That totally bites about your yard flooding like that. I am thankful that we haven't had any rain lately. Does your yard flood like that often?

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
It's raining here too. I had to brave Publix because we were out of too much.

We have Les Mis and Django from Red Box. I think we are going to watch one tonight if I'm not too sleepy.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is currently snowing nice big snowflakes...

In happy news, it's Friday! And I'm 16 weeks today! I've been feeling Jude and more often these last couple days and LOVE it!

Tonight we are going to "splurge" and go out and get some hot dogs at Sam's Club, lol! We love the hot dogs there and it's cheap. It's just enough to get us out of the house so I don't have to cook without the huge bill of eating out.

After that we plan to go to Target so I can finally get Jude a couple outfits! I've done that every time with my girls, go out and get an outfit right after finding out... it's a little delayed this time, but still can't wait. I never get to look at boy clothes!

May 3rd, 2013, 08:33 AM
I love costco hotdogs - $1.55 for a beef hot dog and a soda!
May 3rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
LES MIS !!!! Great movie- they did an awesome job with it-
My oldest dd( 10) watched it with us- she loved it as well- had to explain a few things LOL

she keeps asking to watch it again
May 3rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
It is currently snowing nice big snowflakes...

In happy news, it's Friday! And I'm 16 weeks today! I've been feeling Jude and more often these last couple days and LOVE it!

Tonight we are going to "splurge" and go out and get some hot dogs at Sam's Club, lol! We love the hot dogs there and it's cheap. It's just enough to get us out of the house so I don't have to cook without the huge bill of eating out.

After that we plan to go to Target so I can finally get Jude a couple outfits! I've done that every time with my girls, go out and get an outfit right after finding out... it's a little delayed this time, but still can't wait. I never get to look at boy clothes!
My target had really cute footed Carter's sleepers. I was surprised how cute the boy ones were!
May 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
My target had really cute footed Carter's sleepers. I was surprised how cute the boy ones were!
I need to get some of those. I have been pulling too small ones up over Sawyer's shoulders lately. I think it is time for big boy pjs, pants and a shirt.

May 3rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
mmmmmmm :drool: M&M's i have been loving me some m&m's today LOL
May 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have some shopping to do tomorrow as well. But not for the baby as we are yet to confirm gender. But for mommy. We have finally finalized our vacation (ok mini vacation) plans for the memorial day weekend yay!! A cabin at Patoka lake Indiana, near French lick. I need some cute clothes !! can't wait to go shop.
soul_donut likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooooo tired this morning I had a night of stressful dreams about losing my keys in sand? It was weird.

And I bookd my babymoon the other day. We are going to Hawaii (I know cliche!) In three weeks and I'm SO excited to get away for some alone time, sun, and FOOD!
soul_donut likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
I just booked a flight to NYC for my best friend's wedding! She is having a family only ceremony/reception but a secret courthouse wedding a week before - the best friends are attending that one, and then going out for lunch and champagne etc etc! It should be fun! My flight home is at 8:45 pm though - I regret not being able to stay for the late night dance party, but I might not be able to hang that late anyway, being all preggo in mid June! Lol. We'll be having a girl's day before, though - nails, massages, whatever she wants to do! I might have to go shopping for an acceptable dress - the place we're getting drinks is a little nicer than my current preggo wardrobe. Anybody have a favorite place to buy maternity cocktail dresses? (that sounds like an oxymoron)
May 3rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha maternity cocktail dresses...

That sounds like a fun trip! You can't go wrong with some pampering in NYC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search