Small baby belly and regular jeans.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 4 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By Seasaidh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 12:42 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Anybody else have a small baby belly and are still wearing regular jeans?

My belly seems to be taking it's time to make an appearence. I'm still wearing my regular jeans and shirts. I was expecting to show sooner this time, with my 1st pregnancy I was showing by 14 weeks and I'm 16 weeks now and no where close to where I was at my last pregnancy.

Just wondering if anybody else is going through the same thing? (I'm guessing not many)

May 3rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 14 and a half weeks, and hardly have a bump. I am still in my regular jeans for the most part. I had to give up the smaller of the two sizes I usually wear, but can comfortably fit into most of my jeans still. I do on occasion unbutton them and use a rubber band.
May 3rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 15 weeks 5 days and I can still fit into all my jeans, not even using the rubber band trick for most of them. This is my 4th pregnancy btw. Every belly grows differently because every baby is different, IMO.
jennyrae03 likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
May 3rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
I am 16 weeks with #4 an still in all my regular clothes. The only time I've made it this far into a pregnancy without maternity clothes was with #1. But I do have a slight advantage. i already have a belly to begin with. So although I've popped I am still able to wear all my regular clothes still.

May 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i wish...lol ive been in maternity clothes since 9-10 wks...lol except for maybe a bigger pair of jeans and slaks I have!!

May 3rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was able to wear all my regular clothes in my last pregnancy. Im still in my reg jeans right no... but not sure for how much longer.

May 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am still in my regular jeans but they aren't buttoned up lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 3rd, 2013, 05:43 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got two pairs that fit just right before I got pregnant and they are not comfortable anymore, just too tight! Then I have 2 pairs that were slightly baggy that I am still wearing!

May 3rd, 2013, 06:12 PM
AshleeH's Avatar Veteran
i popped at 13 weeks with both my girls--- this one-- im still wearing regular clothes-- people at work are asking me soooo how far along are you (like that ohhh are you really pregnant tone of voice!) i just keep saying im just fat--i actually dont mind not being bigger and getting into mat clothes--- with only a 3 lb gain (after a 22lb loss) im ok with not showing yet!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 3rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still wearing regular jeans. I think that sometimes people carry high and can wear jeans longer.

May 4th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been small with all of my past pregnancies. This time it seems like my whole lower half has chnaged shape, my rump and thighs do not go into my regular jeans anymore, but I don't have a proclaimed "baby bump." I wore my regular clothes into my third trimester with my son, but I also wore maternity clothes because people were giving them to me and I felt like I *should.* With my daughter I grew quickly in the beginning, but then just kind of stopped at 20 weeks. I measured okay and everything, just higher up instead of going out. My second baby actually bruised my ribs. (or that is the phrase, I don't think it is a literal bruising of the bone?) This baby does seem to be going outward a bit more, but if it weren't for my bottom getting big, I'd probably still be in my regular jeans too.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 4th, 2013, 09:38 PM
"Shay-see"
My closest fitting pair of jeans went out the door around 12 weeks, I think.

I can still wear my next largest, but they're preeeetty tight.

My next largest is still holding out, but they ride low. If my butt doesn't get too big I might be able to sport them throughout lol.

Today I got out the maternity pants for the first time and didn't feel like a fool wearing them. Hooray for comfort!
soul_donut likes this.

May 5th, 2013, 03:46 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can;t wear ANY of my regular jeans, not since 10-11 weeks I think. But Maternity jeans are still too big. So I wear mainly yoga pants or sweat pants!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
May 5th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was until last week. I popped. It seemed to happen over night! I can button them but its sooo uncomfortable. Belly band for now
May 5th, 2013, 07:29 AM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Between 10-12 weeks my regular jeans went out the door too cheap to buy maternity jeans at $50-$60 a pair for 4-5 months

May 5th, 2013, 09:47 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Good for you! Take advantage! I'm wearing shorts buttoned up, but they have a lot of spandex in the denim. I'm wearing a maternity shirt with them though, and look pregnant. It has been stormy and cool here the past couple days, so when we went out the other night, I put on jeans and tucked into boots. I was like an upturned turtle trying to get the jeans on and my boots zipped up. I had to use a rubber band to hold the jeans shut, barely. It's not pretty. This week is a turning point and I"m sure that by 20 weeks all old jeans will be in storage.
May 5th, 2013, 09:51 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
I was like an upturned turtle trying to get the jeans on and my boots zipped up.
Thanks for the visual
May 5th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Leah
I can pull them up, but I don't bother zipping or buttoning. They're old and frayed and I'm a bit nervous watching those holes in them stretch. I just know if I push too much wearing them, I'll be showing the world my business. One friend was like, "I love the shredded jeans." I'm like yeah, that's their scream for help.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 5th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm mostly wearing maternity just because it's so much more comfortable.
I do have shorts and jeans I wear sometimes that are regular, but they are a size up from my usual size.
May 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
well I can't use small to describe me at all, but I am in my regular clothes still but thats cuz I have also lost 26lbs which helps.

The pants and such of course fit different right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search