Mixed race babies?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes. That's tough when it is family. My good friend who is from an Eastern European country married an Indian guy, and her father boycotted the wedding. If it is your extended family they may come around eventually, but that is not something you want to expose your child to in the meantime. I haven't been to church in a couple of years, but from what I remember Jesus is all about loving thy neighbor, and not enforcing segregation, so I'm sure you can pick out some choice Bible quotes for your partner.
May 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How demeaning!! I mean, its literally 2013 and we have all types of races, ethnicity's, religions, sexual preferences, different genders...etc. You name it, it's out there. I cannot believe people have the audacity to even say a word about anything anymore. Sure, people have their opinions and freedom of speech, but they also have the choice to shut their Darn mouths!!! I am white, however, I am also English, German, Belgium, Indian, and whatever else my ancestors were...I'm proud to be who I am and you should be able to be proud of your baby too!! I'd tell those mf' ers to get a life and not let it bother you. I also agree with Jennyrae...go to your bosses, if it's your bosses runnin their mouthes, then go above them...I will pray for your sanity and your patience as you deal with this bs issue!!!! Good luck!!

May 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMedic911 View Post
Also parts of my family not the ones I live with but extended family have said they will have nothing to do with Jacob because he's not all white.
Hold them to it! If they send a gift or card, return it to them. If they want to see him, then try to avoid it. Let them look like a jerk for the comments they are making now. You can forgive... but it is much harder to forget hurtful things like that.
I assume it is a bit worse based off the part of the country you live in, but really, is 2013. They should either be able to accept it or be smart enough to keep their mouth shut.

May 4th, 2013, 02:35 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have any experience with mixed race babies, but I think all children are beautiful and a perfect gift from God. When I was still dating my DH, several people came out of the woodwork just to tell me that he used to be married to a black girl... my response was "ok, so???" People can be so stupid an insensitive!

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
May 4th, 2013, 10:35 PM
"Shay-see"
If I were you I'd also be thinking of it in terms of evolution and genetics. Genetic diversity usually gives the carrier a lot of advantages - health, longevity, physical attractiveness, etc. Mixed-race babies are more likely to get dealt a good hand in these matters.

If someone thinks they're better than you for staying in their genetic niche, well, that should only illustrate how truly ignorant they are. Seriously, they're living under a rock - ain't nobody got time for people like that.
yvee80 and soul_donut like this.

May 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My two daughters are mixed and I don't really get comments from people about it. Only once did a stranger come up to me and ask what my kids were mixed with. I found it a very odd question. I wanted to say part Chihuahua and part Mastif. Felt like such an inappropriate question to me. I know she didn't mean it in a bad way either because she complimented me on how pretty they were, but it was odd.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
May 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My boys are half Mexican American and I'm white. I'.ve actually heard more from my FIL about them being too pale . .

Personally I love it because they look enough like both of us that it's obvious they're our kids. Luke has my hair and DH's eyes. Logan has lighter eyes and brown hair. Your baby will be gorgeous!!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
May 6th, 2013, 03:29 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Lurker from DDC of August i am shocked its Atlanta. Live in McDonough as much of a diverse population that there is in Atl!!! I know in Columbus they say many things about mixed couples and children it burns me up! I have a daughter whom is AA, Italian and Irish she is gorgeous and it's really none of anyone's business what nationality they are! People are still so ignorant it's sad ! No matter what we are all humans and goodness what is the big freaking deal about his race???!!! Have your comebacks ready hun i would!!!
CountryMedic911 likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
May 6th, 2013, 05:31 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
It really saddens me that this still happens here. I have never understood why it matters to anyone else who someone dates whether they be of a different ethnic background, religion or sex. It isn't my life and it isn't my business what others want to do with theirs. I just hate ignorance.
I actually had a cousin say recently that she would no longer watch the Today show because Jenna Wolfe is pregnant and she is a lesbian. WTH is that supposed to teach your children. It's ok to be prejudice as long as it is you believe in it. come on, this isn't the 1920's anymore.
I personally don't have any mixed race children, but it is because by chance I fell in love with a "white guy". Well if you want to be technical he is greek and Native american and I am mostly scottish, czech and French. I guess if you want to delge too far into it we are mixed too, lol.
I have many friends that have mixed race children and they are beautiful inside and out, just like their parents.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 6th, 2013, 06:17 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
We sometimes get some odd looks, but mostly from children because more than likely they are curious. I wish someone would approach me and make a comment that's out of line.... I can't type what I would do or say. My advice ...eventually you'll grow a thick skin if it bothers you, there are always going to be ignorant people in the world but try to ignore those that are.

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
May 6th, 2013, 12:12 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Anyone who makes negative comments should be smacked straight in the face and maybe even punched in the throat!

That is pure ignorance!

Mixed raced children are almost always GORGEOUS!

My and my poor blonde haired blue eyed kids have no chance to look exotic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search