Please tell me WHAT is wrong...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 2 Post By The Purple Butterfly
  • 1 Post By Iluvmybabies*
  • 1 Post By Jackie1122

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 08:19 PM
Julie
With some doctors?! First I get told that it's impossible for me to have BH at 12-13 weeks, then today my doctor says "oh, I'm surprised you're feeling any movement!" I'm almost 16 weeks and this is my fifth baby, why on earth would that surprise you?! True, it's not like I feel a lot, but little things here and there. But then I hear from you ladies that your doctor told you movement felt at 10 Weeks is normal. The inconsistency in the medical world is annoying.

May 3rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Yeah, it really annoys me, but thankfully my m/w doesn't say these stupid things. Who is anyone to tell a woman (esp on their 4th, 5th child) what she is or isn't feeling?! GGRR!!!
chachartier and jamieshalon2 like this.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

May 3rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tell me about it! I have seen two different docs this pregnancy and they are giving me conflicting advice. I see both next week. I am going to confront each of them.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:18 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I love my doc he really believes I know my body enough to know!!!!
Irshtripletsmommy likes this.
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

May 3rd, 2013, 10:33 PM
Veteran
I agree there are way to many inconsistencies in the medical world! I have a different doctor for this pregnancy and many things she says are the complete opposite of what my previous doctor would say! Fortunately my new doctor seems to have the right advice most of the time. She is young (early 30's) but I think being fresh out of medical school makes her more up to date on certain things than doctors that have been practicing forever.
Effervescence likes this.
May 4th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is super annoying!
May 4th, 2013, 05:39 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very annoying!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 4th, 2013, 05:44 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very irritating, I agree! Doctors sometimes drive me crazy... when I had mastitis a bunch of times with the first one, I had to go in and tell them LOOK, everything I've read says you have to take the antibiotic for atleast 10 days, preferably 14 and I think this one would work better for me. THey said okay and did it and my mastitis finally went away.

Why am I doing YOUR job??

May 6th, 2013, 12:02 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
oy! I have been lucky with my doc. When I brought up feeling contractions early, he didn't dismiss me or anything.

May 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah... conversation this morning:

Nurse: You aren't feeling any movements yet. <--- statement, not question.
Me: Um, yeah I am.
Nurse: Oh really? Just flutters?
Me: um, no, full kicks.
Nurse: Oh.

Then, when the nurse tried to get his heartbeat he kept moving around. Like hard. As in, it was hurting me that he was moving so much, which is the first time he's really moved this much. She kept asking me if she was hurting me because I kept wincing, Um no, but my kid is! I don't know how she couldn't feel him trying to get away when I was literally in pain from him!

The doctor also told me that it's not really "normal" to feel movements like this this early, but they are more of a bonus, not anything I should count yet.

I know the size of a 16 week baby is like, I don't understand how doctors can say I shouldn't be feeling him yet, especially when I am so small. They are pretty big at this point. Obviously it depends on the mood of the baby and size of the momma, but I'd say about 70-80% of women I've ever know have felt the baby by now.

May 6th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Leah
Tell me about it. The doctor I saw when I went in for dehydration took a look at me and could see the signs. Decided right then and there based on physical exam and my reported history that I'd be in Zofran 8mg twice a day. He stuck me in the hospital and gave it to me asap and made me eat. Saw me again that evening. So why another doctor in the practice who'd not seen me decided that protocol didn't work for him because "that's not how he prescribes it" for someone past 12 weeks and that he should change up my refill without changing the instructions leaving me short on it later, I have no idea. Thankfully my original doctor's nurse was angry enough to get it fixed.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 6th, 2013, 06:44 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand! My doc today said I couldn't have BH before 20 weeks, like I don't know what I am feeling, and instead of naps ( naps are BAD, she says) I should take walks...yeah, ok.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha I knew I could rely on a comment from Stacey.... we seem to have very similar views on the medical community in regards to pregnancy and birth. I won't get all ranty on here, but I commiserate!!! Most doctors SUCK at telling a woman what should/shouldn't be going on with her body!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 7th, 2013, 01:21 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor was alarmed that I had BHs at 15/16 weeks. I only had them for a little bit.

And with my second I felt at 12 weeks. This one, I felt off and on, but nothing concrete until later. She still moves only sporadically.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search