*RAWR* (a probably annoying vent)

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 9 Post By mamarazzi40
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 4 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By allysmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 09:35 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I'm having a hard time not wanting to punch somebody in the face today. I got 5 hours of sleep last night, because it was super hot in my house, my husband had the tv on (super loud and super bright), and was also playing on his laptop which was illuminating the whole room.

Not to mention I came home from work last night at 8pm to find that he had literally done NOTHING all day long. The dog had demolished a tennis ball all over the dining room floor before I left for work. I came home and it was STILL all over the floor. He also hadn't bothered to press "start" on the dishwasher like I had kindly suggested. He literally sat on the couch all day.

Today I texted him from work and asked if maybe he could go to Walmart (a whopping 10 miles away) and please pick up the crib and dresser that I ordered, before they ship it back because we took to long to get it. His response : "Well I'm kind of busy today." REALLY?? Doing what exactly?

Oh and to top it all off, my little sister is in a tizzy because we were supposed to go to her house for a birthday bbq/bonfire tonight and now it's overcast and there's a 30% chance of rain. So she doesn't know if we should go out to eat instead or what we should do. I said "Well we can still grill and just hang out inside instead." She blew up on me about it and was like "I'll just figure it out myself." Umm...okay? It really isn't that big of a deal!

Grr people are making me so mad today! Why can't people just not be irritating? Is that so much to ask?

Whew. Sorry.

Last edited by jennyrae03; May 5th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
May 5th, 2013, 10:13 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
argggg. I always dim my cellphone if I can't sleep and want to use it in bed. You don't notice 'til you're dead tired, but screens are BRIGHT! Sorry you're not so well rested today.

Go look at pregnant dad's new website?
May 5th, 2013, 10:34 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
Girl, you are not alone in this!!

May 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Thank you girls, that made me feel better! I really love someecards.com

Melissa, I'm sad that he only has 2 pages worth of goodies for me to look at! I'll have to not look for a couple weeks so I can save up the funnies for a bad day!
Anitha likes this.
May 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Guys can be such jerks sometimes!! I bet your sister will come around and say it was her idea lol but try I know easier said than done but try to watch a funny movie and just laugh your butt off! And know you can always rant to us!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

May 5th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Leah
My SO pulls that crap some nights. Like, really? There's a TV in another room twenty friggin feet away. Those nights I'm usually not very quiet if I have to get up and pee. We had just got his jack*** roommate trained too! I finally got him to mute the **** Candy Crush.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tennis ball is something my dh would totally do. My dd and I are spending the day together and I had to be very specific on what he does today- fix a cabinet, clean front gutters. I know I will return to a messy house because he will only do those two things. But he always runs my errands for me. He has been trained to call after work to ask if I need him to go anywhere.
May 5th, 2013, 04:46 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH! Days like that suck Hope you catch some more z's tonight and you have a better day tomorrow.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
May 5th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Julie
So anoying! My SO does stuff like that sometimes, and I can't stand it.

May 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're having a rough day. Were you able to get the furniture? I hope tomorrow is better!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 5th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Update:

HOLY CRAP HE CLEANED THE HOUSE! He must have been ill...he vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned up his pile of magazines. And we went together and picked up the furniture.

Hallelujah! Lol
May 6th, 2013, 05:39 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Yay, I am glad that he stepped up. Hey do you think he could talk to my dh sometime, lol.
jennyrae03 likes this.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 6th, 2013, 08:27 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does he want to have a talk with my DH? Mine has 2 things to do in the house, take out the trash and empty the dishwasher. He does neither unless I nag nag nag. I hate nagging, so I end up doing.

May 6th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Well ladies, I can count on one hand the number of times he has cleaned since we have gotten together, so I don't think him talking to your hubbies would be helpful! haha
May 6th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL. I am glad he saved his *** by finally getting his act together!! I'd have been a raging ***** just for him having the TV and laptop on in the bedroom ruing my sleep!! Men!

May 6th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
LOL. I am glad he saved his *** by finally getting his act together!! I'd have been a raging ***** just for him having the TV and laptop on in the bedroom ruing my sleep!! Men!
Ohh you should have seen me! We're sleeping in our living room right now because our upstairs is (STILL) being remodeled. We have pocket doors to our living room which we keep shut at night. I got up and flung both the doors open at the same time, and was stomping my way to the bathroom! haha I was definitely being a drama queen
May 6th, 2013, 12:30 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
Update:

HOLY CRAP HE CLEANED THE HOUSE! He must have been ill...he vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned up his pile of magazines. And we went together and picked up the furniture.

Hallelujah! Lol
First off rant away my dear!

Second WAHOO!!!!! on getting stuff done.

May 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for him getting his head out of his butt!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 6th, 2013, 04:01 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This sounds like an everyday occurrence at our house!!! How irritating, then I'll come home after working 12 he shifts and fold laundry for him to just watch me!!!! I do turn into a raging witch and am like wth?!?!?!? Give me a break man, you spend 8 hrs in a car all day and half of it is lunch or breaks talking to the farmers at the Casey's in town, to come home and have 2-4 hrs kid free and maybe, maybe load the dishwasher?? Seriously, somedays I tell ya!!!! Lol thanks for posting this Jennyrae!!!!
jennyrae03 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search