General updates/talking about life/etc.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011
  • 1 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 2 Post By Allisonjuly
  • 1 Post By fludderbye

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 09:42 PM
"Shay-see"
I've had a lot going on lately, and I keep wanting to start individual threads to talk about it all but that seems so inefficient, so here's a digest! lol

So! My gender reveal is a week from tomorrow. So far I haven't really gotten worked up about anything in this pregnancy (except like when my eyes got watery at the first ultrasound) but I'm getting super excited about this - it's like Christmas. I just hope we actually get to find out what we've got in there!

Yesterday I went to a festival in my local downtown area and found the following dress:

And the designer said it's primarily a maternity dress that works also as a normal dress. Anyway, it's gorgeous and my husband fell in love with it. I probably wouldn't have bought it but he practically insisted. It's being made now and is supposed to be delivered on Friday. I generally feel kinda crappy about maternity clothes, so I am pretty impressed with how lovely this is.

Then! I have been working on my living room for a while. My rug finally came and so now it's almost done. This combined with some aerophytic plants I found recently really pulls it together for me. This pregnancy has made me pretty anal about my physical space, and so finally getting on top of things has been really helpful!!

(the puppy's a bit of a shutterbug! I don't mind; she adds character)

I have two small living rooms instead of one larger one. The other one is for the TV and entertainment stuff - that's what I have to work on next.

Let's see... what else?

Oh! I've made real progress on my fishtank! It's in the cycling/establishing process right now.

(this is all stuff I've been putting off for a long time, so I'm excited about how much progress I've made! Sorry for the rambling post!)

I recently had to get out the maternity pants - my normal ones still "fit" but they're uncomfortable and they give me a horrific muffin-top. LOL. I also have recently acquired a maternity climbing harness for indoor rock climbing, and it works pretty well, actually!

So what about everyone else? What's going on with you? What projects are you working on? What maternity gear have you been finding handy so far? What does your living room look like? (haha I'm nosey) Show'n'tell time, guys. Go for it.

May 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Ugh...so I'm sure many know my life has been HECTIC lately
Finishing up a crocheted baby blanket which I will show off when done!
Finishing up classes.
Then a week break and another set of classes! Yikes!

I tried wearing tight sweatpants today and I swear baby was kicking me to get me to take them off! I was like "Yes baby I AGREE I need to get these off!" So tomorrow I might make a trip to the maternity store - but I hate that place since everything looks so...odd.

Just trying to finish up school really And procrastinating a lot!
Seasaidh likes this.
May 6th, 2013, 10:06 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Oh btw You living room is looking good and that dress is gorgeous!!
Seasaidh likes this.
May 6th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Leah
I agree - that dress is gorgeous.

I understand wanting to get your space settled. I feel so in flux now because I've been in SO's house for about 5 mints now. Before I was in my own and I'd lived there by myself for years. The space had grown with me, evolved into a space so me. And his is soon different. I've got color everywhere - blue walls, green accents, red couch - and he's beige, beige, gray. He'll let me do anything, but that'd be everything. On top of the nursery. Fun, but *sigh*

I get the lack of excitement, or what you expect your level of excitement should be/would be. My sister likened it to a concert: you get excited when you get the tickets, but then it's boring til the time starts creeping up. I'm looking forward to the time, um, slip.
Seasaidh likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Julie
I love that dress, very pretty. Your dog looks so little and cute on that big couch! I love what you've done with the space, uncluttered and clean, very nice. I have never thought of doing that with plants before (on the wall) very cool. My house is not very stylish. It's painted two different shades of beige/brown for the living and dining room s, which are across from each other. What about your nursery (if you are going to have one)? I am currently painting my SO's office a light blue color. I am also trying to get my lawn/garden in order. I have to buy some perennials.
Seasaidh likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 04:53 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Oh I love that dress. You are gonna look gorgeous in it.
Great job on the living room, it looks very nice.

I am hoping to get my bathroom done soon. We have been working on it for so long now. We just stopped for some reason, but I am ready to have it done.
Other than that I am just working and going to soccer and t-ball. Always so busy, never time to just chill and be, lol.
Seasaidh likes this.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 7th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That dress is beautiful and congrats on decorating and the fish tank. We've always wanted a big fish tank like that.

Nothing too exciting here. May is the last month of school for DS and there are so many activities to help with/send stuff in for.
The kids and I started working on cleaning out the closets in DS' closet so we can move DD in with him. I'm sort of nesting and trying to see what boyish stuff we have an what we need to buy. I went on a little shopping spree yesterday. Ha.
Eventually I'll have to think about how we want to decorate the baby's room.
And we are also vehicle shopping.
Seasaidh likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 06:38 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
That dress is gorgeous! I think it'll look great on - reds and emerald probably look awesome on you. And cute pup!

You have airplants! I live in a place where they are everywhere - they are in my flower beds, mulch, trees, on my roof, get caught in my hair when I garden, ha. Yet if I bring them inside for decorative purposes, I can't keep them alive! And all they need is air! ha.
Seasaidh likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes I second what everyone else is saying- beautiful dress.

On the living room subject...since I don't really need to buy anything for this baby I am treating myself to a new recliner for breastfeeding from La Z Boy. It's call Faris and the fabric I picked is fiesta, kinda striped. It was $1200 but its special order and doesn't look like a regular recliner. It won't be ready until July.
soul_donut and Seasaidh like this.
May 7th, 2013, 09:43 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
LOve Loove Loooove that dress !!!!

been working on our veggie garden- We have tomatoes started inside, planted some corn, zucchini, lima beans, green beans, and snow peas- plan on planted(once the ground is tilled by DH) potatoes, cucumber, beets, cabbage & broccoli

i Go through these phases where I have to clean- usually doesnt kick in till later in the pregancy but ugg I feell like i just HAVE to do it!!

oh and naps- dont need them most days but still want them- LOL so i take them
Seasaidh likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search