Appetite Changes

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed my appetite has gone WAY DOWN since my first trimester. I have more aversions than ever and everything is grossing me out. I probably am at a good 1 meal a day which I know isn't enough nutrients for the baby.

Side note- I went to get a salad at Quiznos for lunch and there was a dead bug in it! I am officially grossed out for the rest of the day and can't trust any food- even healthy!

So where is your appetite at these days? Is it totally different than first trimester?
May 7th, 2013, 02:32 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not as hungry, I always feel full!

Ewww on the dead bug!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 7th, 2013, 02:34 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
GROSSSSSS!

I'm not eating as much, I think. I can have normal meals now, whereas before I would have a lot of little meals. I don't have any aversions though, other than smelly onions.
May 7th, 2013, 02:40 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gross on the dead bug!!!!!

I am an eating machine right now!

May 7th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Veteran
Totally off topic but I really want Quizno's right now and our shut down not too long ago

My appetite has slowly increased as the morning sickness started to go away. On the bright side, I am now able to eat healthier than I was before. When I was sick I had to eat whatever sounded good, which was usually sugary carbs.
May 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Super Mommy
I think mine is starting to increase. I had Salsarita's today for lunch and devoured it!
May 7th, 2013, 04:02 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always feel really hungry now, but then when it comes times for me to eat, I get full really fast! I'm definitely not eating as crappy as I was in the first trimester - then I was all about the carbs. Now I've gone back to eating somewhat normally. I will always love macaroni and cheese though - you can't take that from me!!!

Gross about the bug.
May 7th, 2013, 04:17 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I am RAVENOUS. But then I eat and I take like 5 bites and I'm done so I have no idea what is going on anymore honestly.
May 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gross on the bug!!!

For the most part I have no real appetite either, then when I do feel hungry, I get full pretty quickly so that's that. I need to get better about this because I don't think I'm getting the calories I need. :/
May 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I am the same way! I can only take a few bites and I'm either full or disgusted by what I'm eating. I wonder if this is natures way of not letting you gain too many lbs! Maybe the bug was also a sign? Haha
May 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh ick! A big!? I sure hope you got a new salad for free!

I have zero appetite when I'm pregnant. Absolutely nothing. Which is why I lose so much weight in the beginning and never really get it back. But don't hate me be user once the kiddo is out in ravenous and never stop eating, which in turns makes me gain 20+ pounds right off the bat.

May 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Veteran
same here i haven't had much of an appetite at all. nothing really sounds that good. and if i do eat something i get full really quick.
when i was pregnant with my son i was eating all the time. i don't know whats going on this time.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
May 7th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
There's hardly anything I like to eat right now, and when I eat I get full so fast. I don't want to eat, and it sucks cause I will feel like crap till I do. I am eating way way less than the first trimester, but I'm gaining now when eating like a pig then made me gain nothing. So weird!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
May 7th, 2013, 10:02 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I eat 3 small meals a day! I am starved, then I start to eat and only eat very little. I know this isn't good for baby, but if I gorge myself, I pay for it and am miserable for hours. Also, I have also drank soda with all my pregnancies, but it's really affecting me this pregnancy, anyone else having any issues like this? I know caffeine is not good, but I work 12 hr shifts, so I need something and protein is not my thing right now. Ugh

May 8th, 2013, 05:03 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I get full faster too, but I actually have an appetite now. I didn't have one at all in the first trimester. I am enjoying being able to eat again, lol.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search