When 1 parent doesn't want to know the gender

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Heidijens1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
First off, hi ladies! Hope some of you remember me, I was posting a lot more early in this pregnancy but life has kept from from JM for a while now. I hope you are all doing well and your pregnancies are going swimmingly!

Anyways, our anatomy scan is 1 week from today and I really want to find out the gender of the baby. We didn't know with our first and I want a different experience this time. Also I find myself very busy as a SAHM, part time employee, and full time masters student. I just want to be prepared, ya know? I don't want to sort and wash a bunch of my daughter's old clothes if I don't have to. If it's a boy I want to have a bunch of sleepers, etc. pre-washed and ready to go.

Did anyone else have this problem? Did you convince your other half?
Does anyone know and is keeping it a secret from their other half??

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
May 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I really wanted to know, dh (df at the time,) didn't want to know.

I am guessing he told the sonographer this whilst I was getting changed because she wouldn't tell us

We have found out with each one since, (except number 4,) because the sonographer couldn't tell.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
May 7th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our deal was we wouldn't find out with the first, but would for the second one (we had only planned on 2 kids when we first got married). Since 1 and 2 were both girls we found out with #3 in case it was a boy, and it was. This time I don't want to find out but am loosing the battle because DH and all 3 kids want to know. I wish I didn't have to find out, I love the surprise at birth but I'm not sure my kids can wait until Oct.
May 8th, 2013, 04:18 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Maybe I am just a mean wife, but I would tell him to suck it up. He isn't carrying this baby, I am, lol. That is just me though. We are both so impatient though that we both want to know ASAP.
maybe keep showing him cute little clothes of one gender or another in the store and just sigh and say "man we could save so much money if we just knew what we were having ahead of time. We could start buying so much more now and not have to spend all that money at one time".
Most men love their money and will cave after hearing that too many times.
MrsPea and Heidijens1 like this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
Maybe I am just a mean wife, but I would tell him to suck it up. He isn't carrying this baby, I am, lol. That is just me though. We are both so impatient though that we both want to know ASAP.
maybe keep showing him cute little clothes of one gender or another in the store and just sigh and say "man we could save so much money if we just knew what we were having ahead of time. We could start buying so much more now and not have to spend all that money at one time".
Most men love their money and will cave after hearing that too many times.
HAHA! that was my reaction to!! The woman is carring the baby, if she wants to know nobody should stop her from finding out!! My hubby is one that likes to know also so we have never had this problem.
jamieshalon2 likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not having this issue here. But yes try Jamieshalon's money idea to convince DH!

May 8th, 2013, 11:42 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ask the tech to write it down so you can know and he can remain as ignorant as he wants. Maybe promise not to show him the stuff you are buying. I think if you want to know then you should know!

May 8th, 2013, 03:50 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD, we found out since she was our first and we could prepare. With DS, we didn't find out, cuz we had onesies and stuff to get us by. With #3, tho, I want to do some sort of gender reveal, like a cake or baloons or what have ya, so they can all 3 be different!! But DH doesn't want to find out, so unless there is a major health concern that has to do with the sex of the baby, we won't be finding out! I'll survive tho! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search