Bad appt today

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've mentioned before that I lost a baby in the 13th week due to a SCH. At my first appt this pregnancy I immediately asked the tech if she saw one. She said no but that I had a small "bleed" but it was ok because it wasn't near the baby.

Doc wanted to put me on daily blood clot injections but then quickly changed her mind and said they needed to do testing. First round showed I had low protein S but they wanted to test again before starting injections. In the meantime I was told to take a baby aspirin daily.

During all this I had genetic testing done and have been to the high risk doc for that. It came back normal and boy. Today was another appt at high risk doc for anatomy scan.

The doc and tech at this place (different than regular OB) start discussing my SCH!!!! I said "what?" And they said "why do you think you've been sent to us and we've ordered all the testing?" I am livid. The original tech said bleed

I'm not bleeding but she said not to be alarmed if I do.

To top it off the anion and chorion are not fused I can't find anything online about it at 18 weeks. Just that its not normal. The high risk doc is checking again in 6 weeks and says there's nothing I can do.

Cherry on top? My tests show I have MTHFR which has been causing my blood clot issues. I have to take a pill for that and continue the baby aspirin. I was told I'm lucky I didn't lose more babies.

I am so scared. I'm trying to stay positive but part of me feels do doomed.
May 8th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Questions: Are you sure about your dates? Could you be a week off as far as I read, it looks like the amnion and chorion don't usually fse until 16 - 17 weeks even. So may be its only a matter of time? or date miscalculation?
As for the SCH it sucks that hey didn't explain or inform you before!! But its a good thing you haven't had any bleeds so far right. There is a lady in the Sep DDC with SCH LSBB, may be you can PM her for some info. What did they say your SCH looks like at this point compared to before?
Also about MTHFR - again this can be managed with the medications they put you on. I know its sucks to be given all this bad news, but atleast they seem to be on top of things and keeping a close eye on you and the baby. Huge hugs mama, chin up and try to stay positive. Will send T&Ps that these things resolve themselves in the coming weeks.

May 8th, 2013, 01:48 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, that is a lot of rough news to get all at once I know nothing about any of the things you mentioned, but it sounds like Anitha has some encouraging words about it all. All I can say is, I will be thinking of you and sending well wishes your way!!! Keep us posted!
Allisonjuly likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There was so much to take in and we had our 3 year old with us so it was hard to focus. She gave me a packet but everything is in confusing medical terms. I'm so afraid because I'm not finding anything online about the sack thing! They said baby is measuring good and right on schedule and is 9oz now.

Another weird thing I'm hoping someone has experienced- the area of the sack near his head was poking in and they said it was a contraction. I never saw that before and it looked so weird. It wasn't moving it was just staying that way.
May 8th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry about the news, have you been feeling fine otherwise? I hope everything goes better sooN! Hugs!
Allisonjuly likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you got so much bad news. I know nothing about anything you were told so I am of no help, but you know that all of us are here for you!!
Allisonjuly likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thoughts and Prayers girl!! Hang in there and KUP!!!
Allisonjuly likes this.

May 8th, 2013, 02:24 PM
"Shay-see"
Wishing you the best. My tech also told me about a contraction I was having during my NT but that I never felt. I feel them once every day or so - have since the pregnancy started and so far everything has been going just fine.

Hang in there - I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Allisonjuly likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I am praying everything turns out fine!!!!!!
Allisonjuly likes this.
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

May 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had a bad appt.

I have MTHFR and Factor 5 Leiden and am on daily blood thinner shots. If you just have one copy of the MTHFR it is supposed to not affect your clotting time much, but if you have two copies (Homozygous) then I would definitely see a hematologist as then you are more at risk for issues with blood clotting and vitamin deficiencies.

I am on the blood thinners for the factor 5 leiden. When pregnant I take shots and when not I take baby aspirin. It is really scary at first, but once you learn more about it and take the necessary precautions it will be better. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Big hugs!!
Allisonjuly likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
May 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Julie
Wow, very upsetting to hear I'm sure. You said you already had genetic testing, so since that was normal you were cleared for Downs right? Because that is one possible association with unfused membranes. Again, it is only a possibility, it is not for sure. Unfused membranes can also be associated with preterm delivery and IUGR. what you saw on the u/s was probably the membranes dipping in and touching the fetus, or at least it sounds that way. Shame on them for just handing you a pamphlet and not being more communicative with you in person about it. I have read that women with this condition can have perfectly normal deliveries and babies, so stay positive! I hope you get better news and information at your next appointment, thoughts and prayers coming your way!
Allisonjuly likes this.

May 8th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you Julie. Yes, all I can find is the downs reference too and all that came back good. When I had the SCH I was told there was only a 2% chance of losing him. I'm so scared that I'm going to be another freak case.

Mindy- mine is hetero MTHFR A which is why they didn't start injections today. She said the high dose folic pill and baby aspirin is fine for that and the SCH. They did do more blood work today including spina bifida. With all the reading I've done you are my hero for what you go through daily. I hate needles!
May 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Leah
I'm so glad some of the ladies here have some information for you. That's a lot to digest. Sending best wishes your way!

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay good, hetero is what you want to have if you have MTHFR. It basically means you could clot more, but it's not likely. it also means that you can absorb 70% of your folic acid intake, whereas if you are homozygous you only absorb 30% and your clotting risk is greatly increased. You should be more than fine on the folic acid and the baby aspirin.

I hope you get more news fast. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
May 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear you had a bad appointment I'll continue praying for you

When you get your results, please update us.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
May 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
{{{{HUGS}}}}

will keep you and baby in my prayers !!!
May 8th, 2013, 03:56 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Praying for you and little boy!

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
May 8th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my last pregnancy I had cholestasis, which meant I had weekly ultrasounds to check on the fetus in the last trimester. On one of the ultrasounds they saw that the amnion and chorion were separating. My docs consulted with the high risk docs and they told me they didn't have any research showing what that meant in the last trimester. From my recollection, it can be a sign for things like Downs in the first trimester, although I just checked based on what Anitha said and the research seems to use 17 weeks as a cut off. They weren't happy about it, but didn't really know what it meant either. Were the membranes completely separate or just on one side? I scanned some research, and most of it suggests that pregnancies with genetic abnormalities had other signs on the ultrasound in addition to the separation.

I am sorry there are so many worrying things going on, but at least they are on top of it and you are getting the medications you need. I know it is hard not to worry about the small percentage chance of something going wrong.
May 8th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loni View Post
I'm sorry you got so much bad news. I know nothing about anything you were told so I am of no help, but you know that all of us are here for you!!
Yes, this. I will say a prayer for you. Please keep us posted.
May 8th, 2013, 04:28 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying all turns out ok!!!! Thinking of you!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search