Pain....concern or normal????

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Seasaidh
  • 1 Post By Allisonjuly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 02:19 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For about the past 2-3 weeks or even longer I've been having sharp upper right abdominal pain and pain that radiates from under my boobs to my mid to lower belly on the right side. I'm not sure if thats still considered round ligament pain or something else. I've been trying to research it, but havent seen much.

Also, I have pains which are right on the inside of my belly, but right above my pubic area and they are like little pulses that last for a few minutes, I'm not sure if thats baby movement or something else...anyone else feeling this? I thought it was maybe round ligament too. I hate to call the Dr. for things, cuz it's my 3rd kid and I don't wanna bother them with stuff I should probably already know.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks!!

May 8th, 2013, 02:36 PM
"Shay-see"
If they're short, shooty pains (they might stick around for a while but aren't chronic you know?) and they're not interfering with your life, it's probably just ligaments - there are a lot of physiological changes going on - things are relaxing and expanding. My pubic symphysis wants me to know it exists - I feel like my pelvis has a hinge when I do weight lifting and I sometimes get these pinchy nerve pains all over my pelvic floor - I've had to tone it down as a result. It's weird.

I woke up one night with serious pain in my side that wouldn't let me sleep. I did some really aggressive and creative stretching and managed to get it loosened up and was fine. Maybe see what you can do? Obviously if it's scaring you and causing you stress, it won't hurt to talk to a doctor and get some reassurance.
allysmomma likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I sit so much at work, for nearly the entire 12 hours im there and my bendy part/groin area hurts constantly and that drives me nuts. I'll ask the dr on next visit as long as it's not getting any worse.

May 8th, 2013, 02:44 PM
"Shay-see"
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysmomma View Post
I sit so much at work, for nearly the entire 12 hours im there and my bendy part/groin area hurts constantly and that drives me nuts. I'll ask the dr on next visit as long as it's not getting any worse.
Yeah that doesn't sound good. I hope you're taking lots of breaks to walk around and stretch and if your work station isn't ergonomic, insist that someone help you make it so.

...because seriously this is only going to get worse. Anything that is uncomfortable now threatens to be unbearable come mid-late 3rd tri.
May 8th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Could it be your gallbladder? The descriptive word "radiates" reminds me of my gallbladder attacks. I know some women deal with that during pregnancy. Mine were after I gave birth.
Spyctre likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Ive had those pains too, Allison, but no, its just on my belly, not up under my sternum like most gallbladder pains come from. So ive heard. I bwork in a not so friendly environment for preggo people. I'm miserable, but i have to have my job, so we can make it, but this go around is worse than my first two, by far. I just hope one of these days I feel better.

May 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Julie
Sounds miserable, I hope you feel better soon, and I would mention it to your doctor, since every pregnancy is different, you have every reason to ask about symptoms you have never experienced before.

May 8th, 2013, 04:54 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I would mention it to your doctor.. I wondered if it was a gallbladder thing too. Just because it's your third doesn't mean your feelings and questions aren't as important as the first! I hope you start feeling better soon!
May 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having had gallbladder issues, gallbladder was my thought too, although I don't remember it radiating down so low. Definitely call your doctor/nurse and they can put your mind at ease.
May 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gallbladder is my thought too... try to stay away from fatty foods and dairy and see if it helps at all.

May 9th, 2013, 04:08 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Ouch that sounds terrible. I hope it is nothing. Hugs

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 9th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Oh my...I really hope it's not my gallbladder!! I guess if it decided to be bad, it would be better to do it this year and not wait til next year with new deductibles.... Thanks for all the support!!! I love this board and website!!! So much support!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search