Documenting (also total pregnancy brain)

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Seasaidh
  • 2 Post By Anitha
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM
"Shay-see"
Okay I was stalking the September bump pics forum (to get an idea of how "normal" I'm looking as I approach 19 weeks - since most Octoberians are behind me, September is a better source of reference material, if you feel me) and anyway - I accidentally posted this post in that forum and didn't notice for a few hours! How embarrassing!

Anyway here's the original post as it was intended - and hopefully in the right place this time (triple check says yes) Okay pushing "post" now! eek.

I want this on the record but I don't want to share with anyone I know IRL - lol:

1) since I conceived I've had an intuition it's a boy

2) a good friend told me she dreamed it's a boy

3) today at yoga practice my instructor was helping me relax in the final pose by pressing my shoulders into the floor and she asked me if it's a boy. I told her I'm finding out soon, and she said "I think it's a boy".

4) today my husband told me a coworker seated near him that he doesn't know that well randomly handed him a cupcake that said "It's a boy!" on it. Kinda funny!

Anyway - I still don't care - I'm happy either way (and I have a girl's name picked out that I absolutely love, so if it's a girl then I get to use it! lol). ...but sometimes it's fun to have a guess and see if you're right. So here it is in writing that my official guess is "boy" - and on Tuesday, we'll hopefully find out for sure!
sweety_pie, Anitha, QL1516 and 1 others like this.

May 9th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Leah
I'll be curious to see. I've had several intuitive people telling me girl. I don't trust my intuition now, but always assumed my first would be a girl. Then I lost my male dog shortly after finding out I was pregnant and it totally threw my guts for a loop.

I'm a big dog person, he and his sister are litter mates of the dogs my family had growing up, and I've raised them. I started thinking that if I had a boy, there might be a bit of Nole there. So my gut is biased either way.

SO has dreamt girl. My mom dreamt girl. Those who say boy admits they're biased and want me to have a boy. The first baby for my mom was a girl. The first for my cousin was a girl. There seems to be a trend of firstborn girls. I've got to wait til the 20th, grrrr!

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 10th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Julie
Interesting, I will be waiting for your update on Tuesday!

May 10th, 2013, 06:20 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Funny that you posted this in another forum!

That's a lot of signs pointing to boy - I bet you're right. And if not, oh well! But I tend to think those types of feelings are pretty valid.
May 10th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am having a boy too, just because with my daughter my skin was awesome and I stopped growing body hair. Now my skin is awful and my body hair is growing like normal and I feel extra b*tchy and aggressive. I'll put that down as my official guess I don't find out until the 23rd.
May 10th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thats a lot of intuitions pointing to boy! It will be cool to find out.
My chinese prediction says boy,
my early pracental position (ramsey's) says girl,
my dad swore its a boy when I announced the pregnancy and he usually has a wierd accuracy in such random predictions, but this time he is biased and wants a boy,
my MIl who also wants me to have a boy and is holding prayer meetings to pray for a boy for me, tells me she sees the image of a little girl (!) when she prays!! But she still wont give up. I've shut them both up by kinda lying to them that its been confirmed its a girl
I would like this one to be a boy only because it would be my last chance to have one, but
I am pretty sure its a girl - almost exactly like my last pregnancy symptoms wise - infact most of the symptoms are slightly more pronounced.
The baking soda test pointed to boy
And finally NT scan ultrasound technician at 13 weeks said girl I will be confirming gender on March 16th at my anatomy scan provided baby co-operates.

Last edited by Anitha; May 10th, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
May 10th, 2013, 06:54 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really feel like we women have "mother's intuition" and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you are having a boy! I too feel like I am having a boy - I really can't even explain why, I just feel like I KNOW that it's a little boy inside of me! I guess we'll see for sure at our ultrasounds

PS - Wren, I am having the same symptoms as you. Well, mostly - my skin isn't AWFUL, but it could be better. It is definitely breaking out more than usual. I don't find out until June 12!!!
May 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a BOY but could have sworn I was having a girl.

My Symptoms are:
-body hair growing fast
-blemishes
-only a little m/s in the beginning
-my stomach is popping out rather than all around
-My mom and my boyfriends mom both predicted BOY

I'm no expert but maybe some of that helped! Good luck and keep us posted!
May 10th, 2013, 11:40 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe in Mother's intuition. Can't wait to see if you're right!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
May 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My intuition has been all over the place! SO I have no idea at all what it could be.

It'll be fun to find out what you're having on Tuesday!

May 10th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really really thought this was a girl. But not so much! lol
I was right last time, but not this time.
It's so fun to speculate!
May 10th, 2013, 05:24 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This time my intuition was bang on...

I was soo convinced it was a girl... People would say but what if its a boy?? I just couldn't fathom it.. lol.. I felt if it was a boy it would be fine but just knew it was a girl...

We had our gender scan when I was 18 weeks.. And it was a GIRL !

I was happy but not freaking out cause I just knew

I had way more MS..
Lost weight instead of gained weight.. ( with my boys I gained! )
Still have gained very little ( heard this is due to lack of testosterone?? )
Body hair just as bad.
Maybe Acne not as bad?
Mood possibly a bit more stable..

Es

Thank you Jaidensmum!

May 11th, 2013, 10:20 AM
"Shay-see"
Between this pregnancy and my first there are too many variables to pick apart which are due to me and which are due to what I've got going on in there. With my first I was largely depressed and socially isolated and not exercising. This time none of that is true, so although I'm not gaining as quickly this time (first was a girl), I can't really say that it's likely due to hormone differences.

I'm also experiencing a lot of loosening joints and stuff, but that could be due to the fact that I'm doing challenging exercises once weekly. I'm just going to have to wait until Tuesday, I guess!

And I'm trying to keep it secret from friends and family. I *might* do a private forum reveal - not sure yet!!

May 13th, 2013, 05:25 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I can't wait to hear if you are right. Very exciting times!!1
Seasaidh likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search