Angry Pregnant Lady

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree28Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiegirl7 View Post
So I can laugh about this now, but this past Saturday I totally flipped out inside a Togo's with my boyfriend.

Backstory: we moved to Northern California in February right after I found out I was pregnant due to our job locations (I re-located, my boyfirned found a job up here as well) and I guess its safe to say WE HATE IT. Its overpriced, tons of traffic, crowded everywhere on weekends, nothing is convenient.
Awe sucks that you hate it... where did you move from? When I saw you said Togo's I was like.... They have those all over? LoL... I'm in Hayward... I wouldn't enjoy Berkeley either... fun to visit for a day to eat and shop a lil... But yes, too much traffic... cars and people. But I was born and raised in the Bay Area so I guess I'm used to it. :-)

Anyway, on topic... I've been totally flipping out myself! I tell everyone now that I'm "Ape **** Crazy" So you are not alone... I would have been PISSED after like 15 mins... NO WAY I would have gone without saying something for 45... and I would have flipped on the jerk off that doesn't call ahead for his order!
Rosiegirl7 likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How funny I work in Hayward! And commute to Berkeley. I moved up from a small town in Orange County called Fullerton. I guess the whole "city life" is kinda a shock for me especially since I'm pregnant and already stressed. Traffic up here is of no help..to go 25 miles it takes me an hour both ways.
May 16th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's ridiculous to make everyone wait that long!

You never know when the preggo crazy is going to come out. DH went shopping for a Mother's Day cake on Saturday and came home with one with whipped frosting. He knows I only like butter cream. I actually started crying about it, and he went back to the bakery and bought another $25 cake. Oops.
Rosiegirl7 likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 10:23 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm tellin' ya! It's that tester one those little boys in there are giving off! Lol! I am the same way! I was completely po'd the other day when some elderly couple in front of me took 10 minutes to sign up for one of those stupid credit card offers that cashiers always offer at check out. Ugh. I'm a horrible person now! Lol! I was never like this for girls-- I just cried all the time.

May 16th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
I'm tellin' ya! It's that tester one those little boys in there are giving off! Lol! I am the same way! I was completely po'd the other day when some elderly couple in front of me took 10 minutes to sign up for one of those stupid credit card offers that cashiers always offer at check out. Ugh. I'm a horrible person now! Lol! I was never like this for girls-- I just cried all the time.
Haha yea must be all that testosterone in our LO's making us crazy! And ugh the credit card offers are the worst! Fill it out and come back, don't hold everyone up! We have posts to make on JM!
May 16th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiegirl7 View Post
How funny I work in Hayward! And commute to Berkeley. I moved up from a small town in Orange County called Fullerton. I guess the whole "city life" is kinda a shock for me especially since I'm pregnant and already stressed. Traffic up here is of no help..to go 25 miles it takes me an hour both ways.
Too funny! 880 in ANY direction during commute times STINKS! I work in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara) and it takes me a hour to a hour and 15 mins to get to and from work everyday too. When I think of "The OC" or anywhere down south I think of that traffic... even worse IMO. Will your job let you telecommute? What are you going to do once baby comes? I'm having a hard time deciding myself. I think I'm going to work remotely for a little while at least. What keeps you guys in Berkeley? Hayward is cheaper (I think?)... just make sure you pick the right part!

May 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nice to know I'm not the only grumpy one. By Thursday I'm feeling pretty witchy. I just took my frustrations out on a jar of Mrs.Richardson's fudge topping.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
May 16th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druslady96 View Post
Too funny! 880 in ANY direction during commute times STINKS! I work in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara) and it takes me a hour to a hour and 15 mins to get to and from work everyday too. When I think of "The OC" or anywhere down south I think of that traffic... even worse IMO. Will your job let you telecommute? What are you going to do once baby comes? I'm having a hard time deciding myself. I think I'm going to work remotely for a little while at least. What keeps you guys in Berkeley? Hayward is cheaper (I think?)... just make sure you pick the right part!
We initially looked into the nice parts of Hayward, but my boyfriend commutes to Santa Rosa (Sonoma County) so we were trying to look for something in the middle and we blindly picked Berkeley since we didn't have much references. I really like Hayward and the area around where I work, I'm right near the 92 Bridge heading to San Mateo.

As far as the job goes, I am HOPING for the ability to telecommute, if they say no, however I think I'm going to leave for a few years until my baby can go to school and we will move closer to my SO's job up north. In order to get my maternity leave I have to at least come back to work after the three months. It's tough but something's gotta give. Keep me posted what you decided to do too! Its a tough decision to make thats for sure! If you can work remotely I think its ideal!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search