Nursery work day!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By soul_donut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 11:10 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
While the painters are doing the exterior, I decided to work on the baby's room! That means taking out alllll of my crap (this is/was my craft room) and setting it up in a smaller guest bedroom. I have to be smart with space in there, and remember not to lift too much! But woohoo! The more out of here, the more room I have to build ikea furniture! And to get a CRIB!

Who has started working on the nursery, if you're having one? Is it still way early? LOL
May 14th, 2013, 11:16 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome, girl! We haven't really started working on ours, but only because we are still in the process of remodeling our upstairs. We finally got our paint picked out, and now all of the rooms are painted except the nursery. Only because my husband finished our master bedroom late at night, and the next day (yesterday) he had to start planting corn! But the nursery is about to be painted on the next rainy day.

Once we get it painted, we have to install doors and trim upstairs, and then our carpet is being installed on May 28! Then we will finally be done! Okay, done except the bathroom which will need tiled, but that can wait.

Soooo...starting in June, I will begin setting up the crib and dresser, and maybe buying a few more items. Then after our anatomy scan on June 12, I will buy more gender specific items.
May 14th, 2013, 11:16 AM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok...well we just moved in March and I am team green unless during U/s we need to find out gender b/c of health reasons, so I'm not sure. My DS is in the room that the baby will be moved in to once out of the bassinet. DS and DD will be sharing a room until baby is in a toddler bed, so I need to figure out something gender neutral and I'd really like to paint a mural on the wall. I haven't had a chance to do that since DD was born and DS didn't get anything but a stark white room . I was an art major for a yr and a half in college and really miss putting my talent to good use!!! I'm so glad you brought this up b/c I am going to bring this to DH attention and get on it!!!!

May 14th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!

Not working on ours yet. I'm going to move my daughter in with my son in June, so that will be when we can get started.
I need to look at bedding and then paint. I'm not even sure where to start.
Has anyone seen any cute boy bedding? lol
May 15th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Julie
Good for you! the baby will be sharing a room with my youngest after about three months in my room, so all we have to do is rip the door off and install one that opens out instead of in to be able to put another crib in.

May 15th, 2013, 09:36 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
Boy bedding doesn't seem cute in my opinion...ive searched high and low and nothing great compared to the girl bedding.

We have to move my youngest daughter in with her sister and I want to do it early so they get used to it. Then, we need to paint and start setting up. Need a dresser and bedding. We are going with the PB Lambie theme, but not buying the whole set...just the bed skirt and mobile and adding in some light blue. Then, I need to think about wall décor. FUn!

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

May 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
Yay!

Not working on ours yet. I'm going to move my daughter in with my son in June, so that will be when we can get started.
I need to look at bedding and then paint. I'm not even sure where to start.
Has anyone seen any cute boy bedding? lol
Target has cute blue chevron sheets.. but that's kind of unisex to me!
May 15th, 2013, 10:50 AM
AllieD's Avatar Allison
Yay!

We haven't started either yet but soon ... the room is already a light blue/grey so I'm going to just go with it and figure something out. I decided to just go against the whole bumper and bedding thing. I did it with my daughter and it was fine but I'm thinking just a colourful sheet cover and some art work, mobile, maybe a customized baby blanket and a colour rug will do. The room is small so we don't need much in there.

First Ultrasound:
5wks 5 days - Heartbeat 120

12 wks - Heartbeat 151

18 wks - Heartbeat 174

May 7th - It's a Baby BOY!

26 wks - Heartbeat 142
May 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to start, but DH still has all his office stuff in there. I am hoping to get it all out in a couple weeks. It might be a struggle. I'm a planner and am already getting annoyed that the whole thing isn't completely done, lol.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
May 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post

Target has cute blue chevron sheets.. but that's kind of unisex to me!
I did notice those. And I think they will work with the theme I schemed up last night.
May 15th, 2013, 06:13 PM
woohoo! I will get sheets in blue or pink (or green I loveee green ) depending on the gender next week, and I have a back up set of noah's ark/animal sheets from SIL. She has the rest of the bumpers and all that but I am doing that mesh one that was recommended here.

BY THE WAY.. Ikea furniture takes forever to put together! I am still working on the dresser! It was a big one, sure, but ****. Sometimes you forget that the things are completely torn apart, down to the last screw. I have to put the rails on 7 more drawers and have DH help me at the part that recommends two people (though I bet I could do it myself, ha). The ENTIRE room is covered in sawdust and ikea parts and drawers. The cats almost ran off with a dowel. I am glad I'm doing this now, ha.
jennyrae03 likes this.
May 15th, 2013, 06:55 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my crib and dresser still in box, and am NOT looking forward to putting them together!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search