Baby showers......

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
So I've been "planning" my baby shower I swear since I found out I was pregnant... I've at least had the date sent since then.... This is not my first but my daughter is 9... so we definitely need to get everything all over again. Am I crazy for starting so early? We decided that the nursery will be The Lion King so I'm going in that direction for the shower too... Safari/Lion King.

What's your theme?
How many people are you inviting?
Will it be indoor or outdoor?
Catered or home cooked?
Coed?
Registry?

Just curious....

I've already said my theme
My guest list has about 80 adults & 20 kids
We are doing indoor with a little outdoor (for the kids)
Catered... I'm going to get a taquero (taco man) but we will have some home made appetizers/snacks/desserts
DEF NOT Coed... IMO, Baby Showers are for females
Yes, I'd rather people get stuff they know I want...

May 16th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Julie
I'm not having one, but wish I was just so I could plan it, I love baby showers! I like your idea for the taco man, very cool. I don't think it's too early to plan at all.
Druslady96 likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 03:32 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
I am not planning one- i always let that headache up to a close family member LOL

prolly not going to be a big one- since i have 3 already- more of a diaper shower unless we find out its a boy-
May 16th, 2013, 03:58 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No baby shower here, I'm not really a fan of them! lol
Allisonjuly likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 16th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No shower here. I've only ever had one and it was with my 5th

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
May 16th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No shower here. I had one with my first.

My girlfriends are planning a ladies only night out this summer, in honor of the baby and I.
Druslady96 likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My mom is doing one with the church ladies for me and a cousin is doing the second. No theme but the first is diapers and books, the second I am asking for more diapers and clothes.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
May 16th, 2013, 04:25 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
What's your theme? My theme is owls mostly, but maybe some other woodland creatures in there too

How many people are you inviting? I have 30 adults invited and they may bring kids, which will take us to about 40 people

Will it be indoor or outdoor? It's outside at our local park so that the kids can play on the playground while we have a peaceful shower.

Catered or home cooked? Home cooked. My mom and I are making all the food

Coed? No, besides the male kids that may come it will be all females

Registry? Yes I did because of out of town family that may want to send stuff.
Druslady96 likes this.

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 16th, 2013, 05:19 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
What's your theme? Ladybugs
How many people are you inviting? No more than 20-25 people total
Will it be indoor or outdoor? Both, plan on having it in early Sept
Catered or home cooked? Both
Coed? Nope, my last one was coed, just want something simple this time around
Registry: BRU
Druslady96 likes this.

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
May 16th, 2013, 05:31 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
THis is my third so no shower here....

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

May 16th, 2013, 05:36 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend is throwing me a shower and I know nothing about it other than it is coed and the theme is Once Upon a Time (with our favorite childrens books). Other than that I'm clueless lol.
Druslady96 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 16th, 2013, 06:45 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's your theme? Not sure! My sister is throwing me a shower, and so is my sister-in-law!
How many people are you inviting? Again, I don't know. Probably about 15 will come to each, I would assume?
Will it be indoor or outdoor? Indoor for both, I would imagine.
Catered or home cooked? Home cooked!
Coed? No way Jose! Just us girls!
Registry? Yes, I have registered at Babies R Us, and Walmart (in the town that I live near, the biggest store is Walmart and a lot of the older people won't want to travel to BRU or shop online).
May 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaissotrue View Post
What's your theme? Ladybugs
How many people are you inviting? No more than 20-25 people total
Will it be indoor or outdoor? Both, plan on having it in early Sept
Catered or home cooked? Both
Coed? Nope, my last one was coed, just want something simple this time around
Registry: BRU
I threw a ladybug baby shower for a friend in November and it was soooo adorable. I can't wait to see pics from yours.

Jenny, I had to do the same thing with the registries. My dh has family in a part of NC that doesn't have any store but Walmart around them and they don't do online shopping, so I had to make registries at a couple of places so that I could include everyone and not piss someone off, lol.
jennyrae03 likes this.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
May 16th, 2013, 07:04 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I like the idea of tacos at your baby shower but the party seems huge! I hope you have help planning..

I do not like attending baby showers, and hate sitting in a circle watching moms open baby presents off their registry. The last one I went to was at night so I thought YAY a real party! But then it was a baby shower and the men had to guess what kind of poop looking candy was smeared in diapers and then they had a gender reveal mardi gras beads game and then they didn't reveal the gender. It has poisoned me on baby showers. I probably won't have one but if my friends do what they suggested (something small, brunch-y and not fussy) I will not protest - I think they want to have something for the baby but hate baby showers too. We are a bunch of haters, hahaha. Whatever it is, I hope it's small and there are no men and there is bacon. Or tacos. Or desserts. Basically I would like to have food and good company and have people send good vibes to the little baby.
jamieshalon2 and jennyrae03 like this.
May 16th, 2013, 07:08 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Whatever it is, I hope it's small and there are no men and there is bacon. Or tacos. Or desserts.
I think you're on to something here...I may have to suggest this to my sister and/or sister-in-law.
May 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
Since this is my second, I don't really want another shower. My sister in law is going to throw us a Baby-Q (BBQ) sometime before baby comes. Just lots of family and friends, good BBQ, probably some alcohol, and lots of hanging out and celebrating the baby. I would also like to make it a "big brother" party for our 3 year old son, we are going to make him a special big brother kit so that he feels every bit a part of this!
Druslady96 and soul_donut like this.
May 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie1122 View Post
Since this is my second, I don't really want another shower. My sister in law is going to throw us a Baby-Q (BBQ) sometime before baby comes. Just lots of family and friends, good BBQ, probably some alcohol, and lots of hanging out and celebrating the baby. I would also like to make it a "big brother" party for our 3 year old son, we are going to make him a special big brother kit so that he feels every bit a part of this!
That kit is such a good idea! You should do a post on it when you get it set up
May 16th, 2013, 08:07 AM
My 5 year old would love a big brother kit, but I can see the older boys looking at me like I have lost my mind, lol.
I think I am an oddball here. I LOVE baby shower games, lol. Okay, maybe not a guess the candy smeared poop diaper, but many of the other ones I do love.
The ones I am having are
guess the nursery rhyme rhetoric
example:
Clumsy kids on an errand to a well....answer is Jack and Jill

How sweet is is
example:
Tummy after birth.......Jelly Belly

And the one where you fill a baby bottle with m&m's, skittles, or any type of small candy and the guests have to guess how many are in there. It is so much fun to see how into this one the guests actually get, lol.
Druslady96 likes this.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
May 17th, 2013, 07:08 AM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
What's your theme? Garden/Shabby Chic Tea Party
How many people are you inviting? 40-50
Will it be indoor or outdoor? Indoor Venue on September 1, 2013 on Historic Plantation
Catered or home cooked? Both- Here is the menu: Fruit Salad, Deviled Eggs, Pigs in Blanket, Chick Salad Tea Sandwich, Shrimp, Veggie Platter, Cheese/Cracker Platter, Sweet Tea, Lemonade, 2 tier Baby Shower Cake, cupcakes.
Coed? No, Just us ladies.
Registry: Babies R Us

We already have most of the supplies and made the most beautiful centerpieces for 4 tables for the venue. We used tin watering cans and used blue/ivory flowers. Tied Blue ribbon around each can and added a small bird nest with blue bird in each arrangement. I plan on giving one to my sister who is hosting, my mother, my mother in law and I am keeping one. They cost quite a bit to make but our keepsakes..My mother and mother in law both love them and said no one better walk off with them at the baby shower. lol
We are getting invitations from tinyprints and we are having a boy.
Druslady96 likes this.
May 17th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
My friend is throwing me a shower and I know nothing about it other than it is coed and the theme is Once Upon a Time (with our favorite childrens books). Other than that I'm clueless lol.
Oh man, the control freak in me would die... LoL... My mom tried to tell me that she was going to handle and I told her... "ummm... I NEED to know what's going on and if it's what I want/don't want"... She's been calling me Mommyzilla... LoL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search