Misc chat thread for the day :)

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
On my lil break here I thought I'd start a chat thread.. let's keep it going! I hope JM can keep up with all it's server slowness today, hehe.

When I woke up this morning, my husband was all "So, are you excited to find out the gender of the baby next week?" HAHAHA - he couldn't keep a straight face because that question is ridiculous to ask me. I act sooo cool when people ask me but I'm totally dying to know.

Outfit Inspiration {Maternity} - found this nice pinterest board today to get some styling ideas! I'm trying to strategize outfits for Rome so I can pack light and take the train from the airport, instead of getting a car. It's early to think about Rome (May 30) but ordering online takes a couple weeks when you do free ground shipping.

I just ate some leftover kale pizza and it's SOOOO GOOD. I regret not making 2 kale pizzas because it's gone, all gone

Recipe:

Ingredients:
Pizza dough ball
1 bundle kale
1 small onion
Garlic
Red pepper flakes
Olive oil
Chicken broth (water can work too)
Cheese (I like goat cheese and Parmesan)

Set oven to 400*
Flour the counter and roll out dough, and spray your pizza pan so it doesn't stick.. Lightly spread olive oil on top

Wash kale and rip roughly - discard stems
Slice onion into thin rings and sauté in a good amount of olive oil until almost brown, then add garlic to taste. I like a lot. Before the garlic burns, add the kale and mix to slightly crisp it. Add red pepper flakes to taste. After about 2 mins, after kale has wilted some, add a little chicken broth to braise the kale, and cover the saucepan - let it simmer for a few minutes. Remove Iid and cook off some remaining liquid.

Using slotted spoon, spread kale mixture evenly on oiled pizza dough. Add cheese to taste, and then cook for 15 mins or package directions. Enjoy!

Ok that's enough randomness - what's up ladies?
May 16th, 2013, 11:14 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am super not fashion-y, and will probably be especially bad when I'm nice and round. It's not that I don't know how to put together a cute outfit - I think I'm just way too self conscious about my love handles, and I feel like I have an awkward body shape or something. So then when I put on an outfit like any of those on pinterest, or something that I think would look good, it looks weird on me and I end up getting upset because nothing fits right! I'm such a baby lol

So tel us again how long you will be in Rome for? That will be so amazing! You better take TONS of pictures and share with all of us! And don't worry about packing early...I think I packed like 3 weeks in advance when we went to Jamaica, I was so excited to go! lol

So I have this ridiculous training at work today from 3:15pm-5:15pm...today is my day off. I feel like I am wasting my day off because I have that dumb class right in the middle of my day! On a happier note, I made monster cookies this morning. Totally not healthy in the least bit, but boy do they taste good with a cold glass of milk!
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yum, your pizza sounds amazing! I bought a bag of Kale at Publix today for smoothies, but I might need to make a pizza this weekend!

Emma and I picked up some baby junk at Target this morning--- socks in a few sizes, baby hair brush/comb set, nail clippers, and a bunch of Seventh Generation wipes that were on clearance. She was super excited to buy stuff for "baby brother" which I love!!
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
That sounds so good! I have been craving veggie pizza lately and I might try this...

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

May 16th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
I am super not fashion-y, and will probably be especially bad when I'm nice and round. It's not that I don't know how to put together a cute outfit - I think I'm just way too self conscious about my love handles, and I feel like I have an awkward body shape or something. So then when I put on an outfit like any of those on pinterest, or something that I think would look good, it looks weird on me and I end up getting upset because nothing fits right! I'm such a baby lol

So tel us again how long you will be in Rome for? That will be so amazing! You better take TONS of pictures and share with all of us! And don't worry about packing early...I think I packed like 3 weeks in advance when we went to Jamaica, I was so excited to go! lol

So I have this ridiculous training at work today from 3:15pm-5:15pm...today is my day off. I feel like I am wasting my day off because I have that dumb class right in the middle of my day! On a happier note, I made monster cookies this morning. Totally not healthy in the least bit, but boy do they taste good with a cold glass of milk!
I was just googling a recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip bars. I might bake them tonight...
jennyrae03 likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Melissa, I checked out your pin...thanks!!! I get so stuck. Sometimes I really think I am more Kim and Princess Kate

Would you wear a jean jacket that is obvisouly from before you were pregnant?! I like the look on some of these pics with a dress plus a jean jacket for evening....

May 16th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jenny- what love handles! I saw your belly pics- you look adorbs!

And I'm in need of inspiration as well to dress my bump, its becoming so awkward especially in work clothes.
May 16th, 2013, 11:54 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have to agree, I haven't seen any love handles Jenny, lol. You look great!!!
I feel like my fashion is a bit out dated. I think I dress like a mom, lol. I see most of today's fashions and I wouldn't dream of wearing them, but they do look cute on the younger generation.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 16th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Yeah girl maybe you have installed funhouse mirrors in your house or something because you shouldn't worry. Maybe use the pins as inspiration, get dressed, and don't use a mirror - use your husband as a mirror <3

I'll be in rome for 6 full days, not including travel. I'm doing research on restaurants now because I want to go to some authentic places! Anybody go to Rome before and have recs?

Baby is doing somersaults and its kind of making me queasy.

And cardigans/jackets from pre PG all the way! I don't usually button mine so it won't be an issue.
May 16th, 2013, 12:16 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol thanks ladies! I have always had body issues...sometimes I wonder if I have that body dysmorphic disorder where I think I look huge but I'm not...haha!

Jean jackets would e super cute with a lot of those outfits! Just not for me as of like NOW. I just went outside to try and get a little sun, and do some reading...holy crackers it is at least a thousand degrees outside. Totally not exaggerating
May 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Speaking of maternity clothes, I went to Ross yesterday and got 2 new maternity shirts for around $15. They are cute ones too, one of them even had a really cute necklace with it.
May 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Good find!
I love Ross, but I think I love Marshalls more. They're putting a Ross 2 shops down from my Marshalls, which is just great news
CountryMedic911 likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Good find!
I love Ross, but I think I love Marshalls more. They're putting a Ross 2 shops down from my Marshalls, which is just great news
There isn't a Marshalls anywhere around me. The only place that sells maternity clothes in the town I am closest too is Ross. Which I think is really stupid sense it is a college/ second biggest in our state town with LOTS of pregnant women.
May 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I like Ross and Tj Maxx too when I'm on a budge. Haven't been there sinc ebecomnig pregnant though so I'll have to take a look.

I'm so jealous of your trip to ROME! Never been but I can't wait for you to post pics. I will be leaving this Sunday for Hawaii with my man for a babymoon so I won't be on JM all next week.
soul_donut likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiegirl7 View Post
I like Ross and Tj Maxx too when I'm on a budge. Haven't been there sinc ebecomnig pregnant though so I'll have to take a look.

I'm so jealous of your trip to ROME! Never been but I can't wait for you to post pics. I will be leaving this Sunday for Hawaii with my man for a babymoon so I won't be on JM all next week.
Hawaii is sooooo amazing! Went 2 years ago - it was surreal. Where are you going? If you go to Oahu you must visit the North Shore and while there, eat at Giovanni's shrimp truck. Bring cash and order lots!!
May 16th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Hawaii is sooooo amazing! Went 2 years ago - it was surreal. Where are you going? If you go to Oahu you must visit the North Shore and while there, eat at Giovanni's shrimp truck. Bring cash and order lots!!
Ooooo ok! We are going to Honolulu in Oahu so we will try to make it on the North Shore for sure! I'm excited and I LOVE shrimp! BBQ shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp and potatoes..lol
May 16th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I am serious you need to go. If I could turn back time, we would have brought more money and bought more! As it was we both thought the other had more money than we did and we had to share a plate. Preggo that would have been totally tragic! haha

Also fun (but maybe not great pregnant?) was a 4 wheeler ride through Waimea - they filmed Jurassic Park and a ton of other movies there, and Lost, because it's crazy beautiful. I'm sure you could get a more sturdy tour than a 4-wheeler. Geez, just wandering through the wilderness and playing in the waterfalls was amazing. ENJOY IT AND TAKE 100000 pictures!
May 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Will do! I can't wait! I went to Kona when I was 9 with my dad and I remember even back then how amazing it was so this time will be a different experience but still a magical place. We are sparing no expense since this is our last time before we bring a child into the world.

What are your plans in Rome? How long will you be gone? Ahhhh going to be so great! And what a story to tell your future son or daughter!
May 16th, 2013, 04:50 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, I want to go somewhere awesome now!! You ladies enjoy your babymoons to the fullest!!

I made a whole pot of Tomale Soup today (which is basically an awesome chill). I can NOT wait to eat this for the next few days. My house smells SO good! My husband sent a text requesting I start cooling down a bowl for him now since he always burns his mouth eating this. It's just too good to wait for.

Also, Rosie I love your new signature baby!!
soul_donut likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Mrs. Pea your vacation will come soon enough I'm sure! And by the way I can't wait for your pea in the pod beads!

And that soup sounds healthy and yummy, I love things you can make and eat for days. Bon Apetit!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search