Boy #4

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wren
  • 1 Post By Txmom4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Super Mommy
I had my scan today and it's another boy. I am not surprised as I can't imagine ever hearing that I was actually going to have a girl...but I was still holding out hope. This is definitely our last, so I am a bit sad that we aren't going to ever have a daughter. I know that I will love our son just as much as our other kids, but it still hurts right now. The important thing is he is healthy and the scan shows all normal. Still hurts though.
May 16th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Totally normal. I found a few online forums for gender disappointment because I felt sad after finding out this baby is a boy. It's been six weeks and I'm over it. Of course I have a dd so its a bit different than what you're going through.
May 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Julie
I would be upset too if I was in your shoes, I'm sorry your feeling down about it right now.

May 16th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry, I would be upset too. I'm sorry you are having a tough time dealing with it. Hugs Congrats and yay for having a healthy baby!
May 16th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I completely understand too. This is our last and our second boy. I have a step-daughter that stays with us in the summer, but we don't have much of a relationship.
I will never get the opportunity to have a daughter or that experience and when the tech said "its a boy" I was happy because DH was happy, but I did feel some disappointment. I am over it now, because boy or girl, I know once that baby is in my arms its not going to matter in the slightest bit, and I'm sure you'll feel the same way.
May 16th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I understand! This is our last and third girl. I'm on the opposite side. lol I yelled at my ultrasound tech. I was so ticked off. I was so so sick with girl 1 and 2. This pregnancy I haven't had any morning sickness. I was certain it was a boy because it was soooo different! Shocker when I saw those three lines. Ugh!

I'm over it, though. I have really warmed up to the idea of my daughters having another sister. Bonus for me: girls are less likely to have Autism! My first does, but boys are more prone to it. Like some 75-90% of Autism is boys. Maybe this is God granting our no more Autism wish. Hopefully. FX.

DH is still hoping there's been a mistake. I think I'll be sad now as I've been calling her by name. It'll be like someone took her!
May 16th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your new little man. ~*Big Gentle Hugs*~ xx

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
May 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
((Hugs)) I understand this completely!!!!

Congrats on the blue bundle
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

May 16th, 2013, 09:50 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on baby boy!
May 17th, 2013, 03:03 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! I would feel the same way! HUGS!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 17th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
May 17th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is totally naturally to feel what you are feeling, but I'm sure once he comes you won't be able to imagine him being anyone else. Think on the bright side - you will never have a teenage girl screaming I HATE YOU MOM!. My dad is still traumatized by how b*tchy I was to him and my mom as a teenager.
Allisonjuly likes this.
May 17th, 2013, 05:16 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I understand how you are feeling. I wanted DS #3 to be a girl so bad, and I was a little disappointed when I found out he is a boy. I have my gender scan on June 10th, so in a little over a month I may also be looking at baby boy #4. This will also be our last baby and I would love a little girl, but I understand that there will be a reason for me to have 4 sons if this one is a boy. big hugs hon!!

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 17th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi from the November ddc!
First of all congrats, I have3 boys and my oldest is a girl, my last son I literally cried on the ultrasound table. I just KNEW he was a girl. I think the feeling of disappointment is more normal than most people will admit. But you will get over it. I'm hoping to find out gender today and I will be sad if its another boy because my daughter wants a sister so bad, and I just lost my sister last month. I want her to have that sister bond.But I've already got a boys name picked out, because I am trying to prepare myself to hear "it's a boy"
Allisonjuly likes this.

May 17th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. The tech was really nice and said that it's so normal for people to react like that. She said people cry all the time when they hear the opposite gender. I will be OK, just have to let it sink in a while longer. This is why I wanted to find out now though rather than waiting til he is born. I wouldn't want to be feeling like this then. I can adjust now, before the birth. I know some people say that they didn't react that way after the birth, but I've heard some say that they were really depressed when they waited.
May 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1414 View Post
Thanks ladies. The tech was really nice and said that it's so normal for people to react like that. She said people cry all the time when they hear the opposite gender. I will be OK, just have to let it sink in a while longer. This is why I wanted to find out now though rather than waiting til he is born. I wouldn't want to be feeling like this then. I can adjust now, before the birth. I know some people say that they didn't react that way after the birth, but I've heard some say that they were really depressed when they waited.
That's one reason I really wanted to find out with my daughter. I really wanted a girl and couldn't imagine having a boy, so I thought having a few months to get used to the idea was a good thing.
May 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I'm so sorry you are feeling that way but from the sounds of it, it's more common than you think. Huge hugs.

I'm praying this one is a boy because it will probably be our last. I've always pictured myself with one boy and a girl, if this one is a girl I think I will also have the same gender disappointment for a period of time, we won't find out until October so maybe the labor and birth will overcome that feeling but who knows.

It's okay we all know you will love this baby for every ounce of healthy bouncing baby boy he will be. Congrats on team blue.

May 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
So sorry I have 2 boys and I am praying like crazy it's a girl. I can be honest and say I'm nervous for our gender scan in a few weeks that I'll cry and be dissapointed. I've always wanted a daughter. Hugs to you!

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
May 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand gender disappointment. Congratulations on your happy and healthy son though!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search