Controlling Cravings

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By Fortroseberry
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 2 Post By jennyrae03
  • 2 Post By CountryMedic911
  • 4 Post By jennyrae03

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 10:14 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or lack of... I've started to feel better and today i had to go grocery shopping for gravy only. Well, i decided the baby and i want home made smoothies, cookies and hot turkey wraps too. I almost forgot the gravy due to my cravings. The good news is the kids love my cravings too so that takes care of lunch and dinner is already cooking

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
May 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So here I was, thinking I was the only pregnant woman in the world to not have cravings...and then BAM I needed macaroni and cheese with hot dogs in it. I literally ate that SIX TIMES in a five day period. I have a problem lol I'm over that craving though. For now.

PS...gravy is DELICIOUS! Yum! I could just drink it hehe
Fortroseberry likes this.
May 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Lol They say cravings are due to lack of minerals and the things you crave contain them. If that is in fact true, I'd say it's pretty normal to eat the same thing six times in 5 days; if it's not, blame baby like I am I'm totally on a smoothie kick and MIL just bought me a blender. I'm in heaven lol AGREED that gravy is delicious.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
May 17th, 2013, 12:34 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went to the shop for milk yesterday evening, and came home with cookies, watermelon and kettle cooked chips. You bet I had a bit of each that evening!! The watermelon was like the best watermelon ever!!! LOL

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 17th, 2013, 01:22 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Ok now cookies and milk sound amazing! Then again so does hot turkey sandwiches! And my mom just said fried green tomatoes and onion rings sounded good to her when will this craving stuff end?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!
May 17th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 cravings these days--- fresh strawberries and a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from Chicfila!
May 17th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Fortroseberry's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
So here I was, thinking I was the only pregnant woman in the world to not have cravings...and then BAM I needed macaroni and cheese with hot dogs in it. I literally ate that SIX TIMES in a five day period. I have a problem lol
That is my jam! Pregnant or not sadly. lol Right now, my cravings change everyday, unfortunately with my diabetes, most of the time I can't humor myself!
jennyrae03 likes this.

Last edited by Fortroseberry; May 17th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
May 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortroseberry View Post
That is my jam! Pregnant or not sadly. lol Right now, my cravings change everyday, unfortunately with my diabetes, most of the time I can't humor myself!
I have loved macaroni and cheese with hot dogs ever since I was little. But definitely love it a lot more now that I am pregnant! Sucks that you can't indulge as much as you would like to!
Fortroseberry likes this.
May 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Uhhh I went out last night for ravioli. Like I NEEDED chef Boyardi ravioli. I also got a box of mac and cheese and ate that for breakfast and lunch and dinner today (luckily only one box).
I'm trying to control myself, but I get fixated on the food and healthy food makes me sick (allergic or heartburn)
May 17th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Fortroseberry's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
I have loved macaroni and cheese with hot dogs ever since I was little. But definitely love it a lot more now that I am pregnant! Sucks that you can't indulge as much as you would like to!
Me too!! I feel like a child when I eat it, and it's not the best thing for you, but what a way to go! lol

May 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMedic911 View Post
Ok now cookies and milk sound amazing! Then again so does hot turkey sandwiches! And my mom just said fried green tomatoes and onion rings sounded good to her when will this craving stuff end?

For me, it's a few days after birth.

And Today I almost put peanut butter and jelly on a biscuit.... I seriously had to stop myself lol
CountryMedic911 likes this.

2013 Mommy
May 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Julie
I just made chocolate chip cookies last night..yuuumm! I've been toasting mini cinnamon and raisin bagels with butter and eating that with Mac and cheese lately too...weird.

May 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
FYI, I am legit about ready to cook myself macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, because I came to read the updates on this post and got hungry for it again...

One of these days I'll find a new food to obsess over! lol
May 18th, 2013, 01:12 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
That's its all made me hungry again! Lol I'm going to get onion rings and steak!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

Last edited by CountryMedic911; May 18th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
May 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I ate the whole pan...

Somebody please get me to macaroni rehab.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search