Nuroo

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
I am all for babywearing, but this thing looks kinda funny to me. I dunno, I could see myself using it at home, but I don't think I'd wear it in public.

NuRoo

Any of you see this before?
May 17th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I have never seen this before. I would use it at home, but not out. It would get irritating from the weird stares and people constantly asking why you have a baby stuffed down your top. lol. The idea is cool though.
May 17th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Veteran
I can't image how many people I would flash trying to use that in public!!

May 17th, 2013, 10:54 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
It looks like skin on skin contact and I can't handle that for a very long time. I mean like 5 minutes tops. I can't do hand holding or anything like that, well maybe if we had gloves on, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 17th, 2013, 11:52 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks like it is intended for skin to skin contact, which you probably wouldn't do outside of the house, unless it was someplace you happened to walk to add baby would need to have clothes put on in the car so it wouldn't get chilled in the car seat--otherwise the straps of the cat seat would be against their naked body.

May 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanta.number2 View Post
I have never seen this before. I would use it at home, but not out. It would get irritating from the weird stares and people constantly asking why you have a baby stuffed down your top. lol. The idea is cool though.
Exactly what I was thinking! I know it looks like you just shoved the kid down your shirt. LOL I could do it at home I guess, but not for the $$. I have a nice buckly tei that I like. I used to have a moby but I lent it to someone and never got it back.
May 17th, 2013, 11:56 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too was thinking it just looks like you shoved a baby down your shirt...not for me!
May 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That just looks strange to me... I mean, the velcro on the shirt, the baby shoved in it... I can only imagine the looks you'd get. And like someone above said, it's only practical if you're walking to wherever you're going, since you can't put the baby in the carseat naked and drive to the mall, and then flash everyone in the parking lot when you're putting the baby in that thing!

Also, I'm perfectly comfortable being topless in my own home, so when I do skin-to-skin at home (which is the only place I could see wearing a shirt like that), I might as well save the $$$ and just not wear a shirt. I can wrap a blanket around me and baby if we get cold.

Very interesting product though!!! nEver seen it before!

August 2012 December 2012
May 17th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Super Mommy
LOL, my two oldest boys just saw the picture and thought it was hilarious. They said they think my "hippie sling" is much better.
May 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
That is silly it does look like you shoved baby down your shirt you could find a shirt to do that with for cheap lol
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

May 17th, 2013, 12:45 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the idea I guess, but like Jamieshalon said, I could only do skin/skin for so long!! I don't like the teal one in the video, but I don't mind the black one, however it looks like a baby was just strapped to her and doesn't look real comfy IMO.

May 17th, 2013, 02:15 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I saw that in Babysrus or something similar and started laughing. I am all for skin to skin contact but this is just funny. I wouldn't judge anyone for using it though. The one I saw just seemed really flimsy and I would be afraid baby would fall right out of it.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
May 17th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, my dd and I saw the display at BRU and we looked at each other like ***? and started laughing. It looks like an SNL skit.
May 17th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I kind of like it, but could do skin to skin with my blue celery wrap and just put a larger shirt over it and save $60
May 18th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Super Mommy
It does look like an SNL skit. LOL
May 18th, 2013, 08:38 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister sent this link to me, it looks like a waist of $$ to me. I'd only want to do skin to skin at home and would be fine with just a blanket. Plus it's only good for a few pounds so baby would grow right out of it in no time flat!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search