trouble breathing??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 06:06 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
I went through it during my 1st pregnancy but not until closer to the end. Sometimes when Im laying down I feel like my chest gets heavy...like I can barely breathe. Even if Im on my side which I try to sleep on anyway, it still happens. Anyone else having/had this problem and any advice on how to avoid it?
May 19th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Super Mommy
I am starting to get short of breath a little now too. No advice though... I guess since the baby is moving up a bit and not on the bladder quite as much, he pushes against the lungs a bit more.
May 19th, 2013, 06:43 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
I remember waking up once gasping because I felt like I couldnt breathe at all. That was with my 1st daughter. I hope that doesnt happen this time. It was terrifying.
May 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having this since about week 12...I almost feel like I have asthma or something. Like I'm not getting enough oxygen. It comes and goes, and seems to be the worst in the evening. I asked my doctor about it and they said it is perfectly normal, unfortunately.
May 19th, 2013, 01:52 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having more shortness of breath. My allergies seem way worse with pregnancy (they were already bad enough). My Allergy doctor started me on a new prescription allergy med. Bad allergies go hand in hand with making my asthma and shortness of breath worse. My doctor said it could make for a rough 3rd trimester. Not a lot that can be done about it other than to control possible triggers. Do you have asthma? It can be common for asthma to be worse at night.
May 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me!! I have to take these super big breaths at work, and I'm sure it's annoying for my coworkers, but I feel like I can't breathe! This is going to be a LONG Summer!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
A little, if I lay flat on my back. Agree with Cathy.. it'll be a long summer if it gets worse! The air in Florida is already pretty thick in the middle of the summer
May 20th, 2013, 04:02 AM
"Shay-see"
If you can prop yourself up a bit while you sleep so that your chest is higher than your hips, gravity will help keep your organs from all crowding into your ribcage which is what puts pressure on your lungs.

I'm up now and having heck breathing because I've been having allergy-related drainage for the past several days and now I have lots of lovely lung butter to get up. Charming!
May 20th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Lying on my back to sleep or relax is no longer an option. I also feel like I can't breathe. Even leaning back too far causes it. My uterus is higher than it should be so I guess it would explain why its happening so early this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search