nonstop kicking!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By anothermother

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 05:15 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Anybody else's baby going bonkers in there?

Ok, so I am 19 weeks and a couple days pregnant and for the past couple days the baby has been kicking all the time! Basically any time I'm sitting still. It's natural for me now PG to lay my hand on my stomach (now I understand why that's a telltale sign in all the tabloids for searching for baby bumps! ha) and I feel it thump thump thump. I took a video today and you could see the kicks bumping away. I had DH look and he saw it pretty quickly. It's extra crazy if I have sugar (like a root beer last night - it was so distracting at the bar I could hardly socialize) or after we have sex. It doesn't seem to appreciate it, or is trying to escape or something. It's so weird and if it's that active now I can't even imagine when it's heavier and bigger. I already get that rollercoaster belly flip feeling when it churns around in there too much

BTDT moms - if you had active babies while pregnant before, did they grow into hyper children?? My stepmom says that brother 1 was relaxed in there, and he is a pretty chill teenager. Brother 2 moved around and kicked a lot and he's a very lovable spaz and an athlete (soccer, you guessed it).

Happy to have an athletic kid but I'm pretty relaxed and the thought of a hyper crazy kid is a little daunting
May 19th, 2013, 05:21 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby has been going mad lately too, its crazy!! Today I'm not sure what position baby is in but he/she is making me feel movement down low and up past my belly button at the same time!! LOL
soul_donut likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 19th, 2013, 06:36 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
It happens like 4 or 5 times a day lasting about an hour each time. But they aren't very strong to see them but I'm also on the heavier side

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!
May 19th, 2013, 06:43 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice obviously on future behavior of a wild child in the womb, being as this is my first kid...but I hope for your sake your kid is mellow!!!

I have really been feeling movement (finally!) for the past 2-3 days. Mostly just soft little flutters, but yesterday I felt a huge kick like I got karate chopped! That was the first big kick I got. It was pretty cool
soul_donut likes this.
May 19th, 2013, 07:03 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baby has been really calm this week so I can't say I'm with you on the crazy baby now thing, BUT my first, was very rythmic in his movements, moved to the beat of whatever song I was listening to, and his movement wasn't super crazy but he was pretty active. Now he's 4 and he is crazy active ALL the TIME!
When I was pregnant with my daughter she was CRAZY active ALL THE TIME, and though now she needs a lot more help getting calm after being upset about something, or when she needs to go to sleep it takes longer to settle down... but she is pretty calm as far as personality.

May 19th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first so not sure about craziness, but there are some days where it feels like she hardly stops!
May 19th, 2013, 07:31 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep. Jr. has been moving like crazy this last week. I love it!! Although he's still not moving as much as my girls did... so I'm hoping that means he'll be more chill (so yes, my girls were crazy in utero and outside too).
soul_donut likes this.

May 19th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Yes I have a crazy mover in there, my 2nd and 3rd were crazy movers too and yes there crazy movers in life lol
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

May 20th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Julie
I don't remember how much my others moved in relation to how active they are now, but I do remember how uncomfortable it can be once they are big and move around-sometimes felt like they were punching my cervix from the inside trying to get out lol...pretty cool at the same time though.

May 20th, 2013, 03:55 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Mine goes crazy when I eat apples, but otherwise it is pretty chill, lol
I have to agree about hyper in the womb and hyper in life. My middle son was super active when I was pregnant with him, and now at 9 years old he still goes non stop. My first son was super chill in the womb and he is rather lazy now, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 20th, 2013, 04:08 AM
"Shay-see"
I have definitely heard that active fetuses make busy babies. First was pretty mellow in and out. This baby is, too, at least this far. Both of them have pretty mellow daddies, so that might be a factor.

Once they start gaining weight and running out of room, they aren't as kicky IME, but you'll see an elbow or a heel sticking out of your abdomen alien-style from time to time, and a roll could take your breath away. It's all very exciting.

May 20th, 2013, 05:33 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Saturday it was like a switch went off & she started kicking like crazy, I even felt a few kicks from the outside. My son would kick me all the time, he was so active & almost 4 yrs later he's still active

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
May 20th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This baby, so far is pretty chill. I get some kicks and movements that I notice after a cold drink or dinner, mostly in the evening.
But we've been having a chat every day. I'm aiming for a chill kid that likes to sleep --- unlike the babies his big brother and sister were, lol!
May 20th, 2013, 06:24 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I'm feeling tons of movement. I get kicked all day long, it's such an awesome feeling!!

DS was super active when I was pregnant with him. He was a pretty chill baby though and still isn't overly hyper. Just normal 2yo energy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search