Anyone planning on purchasing something to shrink hips or belly after birth?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
I was in a consignment store this morning just browsing and came across the HipSlimmer. I have been eying this product on Amazon and after reading the reviews I decided I would purchase one when the time got closer. They are around $70 new and the one I found was still in the package for $20. I went ahead and bought it and am pretty excited. I debated between the HipSlimmer and the Hip Shrinxx but read that the velcro on the Shrinxx wears out quickly. I had not heard of these products when I had my first son, and am grateful that a friend told me about them so I can try it this time around. From reading the reviews, the HipSlimmer can be worn with the BelleFit to maximize shrinkage in the hip and belly area. They can be difficult to wear during the day though so I am planning on doing it at night.
May 22nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Already did, an exercise bike.
May 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
Already did, an exercise bike.
LOL! I have a treadmill and plan on using it when I am physically able to exercise but what I am talking about doing is helping my hips to go back to their pre-pregnancy position. I lost all my pregnancy weight after my son but was still in a bigger pants size because my hips stayed wider than before. I have heard good reviews from a friend but this will be my first time trying a device like that so we will see! It has to be worn within the first few weeks after birth though which will be tough with a newborn.
May 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I'm looking into an after birth corset.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

May 22nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used the belly bandit after Sawyer was born. I put it on the first day after I had him. I think it worked great for flattening my stomach again. I did get a rash from it after wearing it all day and night so I had to take breaks.

Am I really posting these??? Ok here I am 3 days after Sawyer was born with the belly bandit on and the second is 3 days after he was born with the bandit off. My results only got better with time. I wore it for at least a month.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Leah
Hmmm, I hadn't thought much about it, but I think Lauren just sold me on this idea.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Lauren...you're sickly hot post-baby! Haha! I would pay good money to look like that before a baby!
CountryMedic911 likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
For real, Lauren. I'm with Jenny. You're hot lol

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

May 23rd, 2013, 02:20 AM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
I agree with Jenny and Nicole! I'd do anything to look like that before having a baby!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!
May 23rd, 2013, 04:18 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You look amazing Lauren. Let me go order 2 of those now, lol!!
May 23rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the pics Lauren! If I can look half as good as you after giving birth it will be worth it for sure! I was skeptical at first but I keep hearing more and more people that swear by them so I think its worth a shot.
May 23rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok I am going for one of those this time around - thanks to Lauren, you hot holy mama!! Thank you Jackie as well for this thread!

May 23rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I wasn't planning on it but maybe I will! It'll be at least a cooler time of the year to try it. If it were summer, forget it.
May 23rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
I wrapped my tummy soon as the afterbirth contractions stopped.... I wore my wrap until my six week check up faithfully & my tummy went back to its pre-pregnancy flatness...

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
May 23rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it is a hispanic thing, but you HAVE to do this. All new mothers back home wear a belt for a month or so. I got three last time. I think the best one was the one I got from the hospital for my c-section. Maybe vag mommas can ask their nurse? Free??? Velcro is super tight!

May 23rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Lauren just sold me on one too, lol!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
May 23rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls. I think those wraps are totally worth the money and there are so many versions now. Belly bandit is very heavy duty. I might try a lighter weight wrap this time.

If you are going to try it look up some website about belly binding after birth. I read that you should start off belly binding in a bridge like pose so that you don't bind yourself with your organs all drooping low in your pelvis as they naturally want to after birth. I did that although I don't know if it is important.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search