Pregnancy Rage/ Vent!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wanta.number2
  • 1 Post By Wren

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I was so angry today, that I think I got someone in trouble at their job. It wasn't something huge, but maybe I over reacted?

I'm really big on common courtesy and being polite. I can't help it. So anyways, we are heading to Walmart to grab a few things. It's really hot and I was feeling dehydrated, so I asked DH to stop at Mc Donalds so I can get some ice water. I get my drink, and finish it in the store. As we are shopping, I decided to go to the Mc Donald's in the store to get a refill. Now, I know that I am supposed to pay for a refill. You wouldn't just grab a cup out of your car, walk into a restaurant, get a refill and walk out, ya know?
Anyways, I walk up to the counter, and tell the girl at the register I need to pay for a refill. She looks at me like I am a complete FREAK. I explain that I bought the drink at the location down the road and brought my cup into the store. Irritated, she looks back at the girl behind her, and asks if she should charge me. There are signs posted that if you leave, there are no free refills. I told her it was no big deal, just let me pay. She charged me, and as her boss is now standing behind her, she says, "I don't know what's wrong with you, if it were me I just would've taken it and left". All while she is still looking at me like I have two heads or something. I was so pissed, I looked over her shoulder at her manager and asked him, "Are you HEARING this?!?" She obviously didn't know he was standing there, and she looked like she was about to explode. He was red in the face and had some one else immediately cover the register while he took her to the back.

I'm sorry, but you know its unbelievable to me when you are treated like complete freakshow for being HONEST. Sure, it was a drink, but it was the principle. Maybe I need a nap, lol.
curlimama05 likes this.

Last edited by Wanta.number2; May 22nd, 2013 at 08:10 PM.
May 22nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Haha good for you. I've worked in customer service for a long time (which is why i hate most people, especially when I'm pregnant) and the way workers behave astounds me. Being rude, giving dirty looks, not saying thank you, not greeting you, etc. it is unreal. Growing up I was always nice to everyone regardless of how I was treated, but not anymore. I got the freak stare that you speak of yesterday at work and I felt like I was going to fly into a rage, but instead just threw my patient's receipt at him and turned around a walked away lol. I'll admit that once someone is rude to me while I'm working, I shut down and am rude right back, but I am very friendly to everyone right off the bat and it is inexcusable for that worker to have behaved that way!
May 22nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's sad that this is the generation coming up behind us

May 23rd, 2013, 03:35 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
Biggest pet peeve when it comes to customer service-

when(like at the grocery store)- you are checking out and the clerk is having an indepth conversation with her bagger or the another register-all while doing her job- but i am sorry soo rude

oh and when if at a nice place to spend alot of money and right in the midle of something they leave to answer the phone- uh excuse me you were helping me- let someone else get the phone or let it go to a message
May 23rd, 2013, 04:14 AM
Julie
You were completely justified, some people wouldn't even talk to their own family that way, let alone a stranger! So rude, I hope she is on probation and if she does it again will be fired.

May 23rd, 2013, 05:10 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not only was she being rude, she was encouraging theft while her manager was listening. Oops. Not your fault if she got herself in trouble. It is not like you overreacted and starting flipping tables.
curlimama05 likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:34 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You did the right thing, and what she said was terribly rude.
May 23rd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good for you!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
May 23rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
That was very rude. I am glad you spoke up.
reminds me of when I was in the dollar tree the other day. A lady in front of me dropped a huge wad of money as she was walking towards the door. I picked it up and basically yelled for her to stop. I handed her the money and told her she dropped it. The cashier looked at me and shook her head and rolled her eyes kind of like, you dummy, you should have kept it. makes me wonder if most of society has any morals at all anymore.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 23rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No overreaction on your part. That was both rude and wrong!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search