Maternity clothes.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By fludderbye
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By soul_donut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I dislike maternity clothes with a passion.
I dont know why, but I just do not find any I like! Maybe I just dont have a big enough belly yet, but I cannot find anything either A. Worth whatever money they want or B. something cute enough. The only reason I have a pair of maternity jeans is because my mother bought/forced me to get them.

Is anyone else having such a hard time? How do you deal? I'm content to wear work out clothes and the same 2 out fits to work but I want SOME cuter things.
May 22nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I have been loving old navy!
jennyrae03 likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 03:22 AM
Julie
If you truly cannot find something you like at the less expensive places, have you considered going to the more upscale places? I know, it's crazy the money they ask people to pay for these things, but there are nice things out there that are just like regular fashion but in a maternity cut. Are you going to be pregnant more than once? Maybe you can justify it by wearing it in a future pregnancy. Have you tried shopping online? You may be right though, about not having a big enough belly yet-so the clothes just look way too big on you.

May 23rd, 2013, 04:21 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been able to find anything I like in my price range yet, so I'm still wearing one OLD pair from my last pregnancy that barely fit yet, always falling down. And I wear Yoga pants, thats it! I really need to order something fast, theres no maternity clothes here even local.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 23rd, 2013, 04:28 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
Go to the FAT girl section-
get some stretchy pants- and tops that are bigger-

My mom gave me some of bigger sized jeans and thats what i do- i cannot justify the money either- that and i hit the salvation army type stores- Good Stuff Cheap
Spyctre likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine are mostly from Old Navy. They are super cute and really affordable!
May 23rd, 2013, 05:22 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Most of mine belong to my SIL although she never got a chance to wear them. they were given to here by a friend of mine. Most of them are very nice. I am actually considering keeping some of the ones that I bought after I have the baby, lol. I found a lot at Old Navy and Target.
soul_donut likes this.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 23rd, 2013, 06:00 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
I am actually considering keeping some of the ones that I bought after I have the baby, lol. I found a lot at Old Navy and Target.
I told my friend about a Target maternity item I received as a gift and she sent me a couple links - she had 2 pieces of Liz Lange maternity and she's not even preggo! She just says they're comfortable. She begrudgingly lent one out to a friend, but felt she couldn't say no because that person was actually pregnant. Haha

I have another friend who has called dibs on my Old Navy maternity stuff - she's the friend that has a pretty similar style and is my size and usually if I see a good deal on something, I'll buy two. So since she's not pregnant now (but hopefully soon) I'll just box up whatever stuff I'm not still wearing for comfort and she'll be all set.

Speaking of clothes, here are my two favorite purchases for maternity from Old Navy:
Oldnavy.com | Old Navy
Oldnavy.com | Old Navy

I'm returning the black maternity rockstar jeggings - they fit great, but man do I love a white pant!!!
jamieshalon2 likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That dress is too cute!

They have maternity skirts at Old Navy, all cotton that are beyond comfortable and cool. I have black and grey and need to pick up a few more in fun colors.
You can fold down the midsection, so I think I'll love them the first month after the baby is born too.

Huge link, sorry on my phone.

http://m.oldnavy.gap.com/product.htm...scid=633374092
May 23rd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Veteran
I can't stand most maternity clothes! I think I purchased 4 maternity shirts and gave away 3 of them with the tags still on. I wore my regular jeans the whole time and purchased the bella band to go over the waist so they didn't need to be buttoned or zipped. I got one in black, white and nude colors so I could pair it with almost any shirt. As far as shirts go, I did buy some stretchy shirts, and a few in larger sizes or longer lengths that worked for pregnancy just fine. Instead of going to a maternity store, I went to cheaper stores like Forever 21 and Target and shopped in the regular section. Many maxi dresses fit just fine during pregnancy so I wore lots of those as well.
May 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Angela, I love those skirts. A girl I work with has a couple of them and they look so cute on her and she is due right now so she is huge.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 23rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Went to H& M this past weekend & picked up some shirts & tights.... I think I might go back & get 2 pairs of shorts,they were only 20 bucks

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
May 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like what Macys has. They choose from Pea in a Pod and Motherhood...mostly black and white outfits. They are not cheap, but not super expensive and you cand often find coupons in the Sunday paper.

May 23rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have purchased 3 pairs of maternity jeans from Old Navy (super cute skinny jeans - seriously). I actually just bought some looser-fitting shirts from Gap and Old Navy instead of buying maternity shirts. I bought my favorite ribbed tank tops from American Eagle in the next size up, because they are longer than my normal size. I think I can probably get away with just buying a size bigger for a while!
May 23rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I like to try Ross. Last time I went I found 2 really cute shirts and it was less then $15 for both of them and one even had a necklace with it.
May 23rd, 2013, 02:04 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like a lot of my maternity choices I would wear non-maternity. My regular clothes are too tight and I'm happy being comfortable. There is so much good stuff on clearance and on sale online you just have to keep looking.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a huge selection of maternity cloths in the area but I've picked up a few items at Target, Sears, Motherhood and Destination Maternity. Its hit 'n miss. I just got my first Old Navy order in the mail today, super happy the stuff fit!

On a side note, Old Navy is having an online sale this weekend with 15% off!
May 24th, 2013, 05:40 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
REALLY wish our Old Navy had maternity!! Seriously, even our Walmart took all maternity wear out, my only choice is ebay or Motherhood Maternity that I can find lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search