Is it too early to set up the nursery?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By anothermother

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
So we were planning on painting the nursery this weekend because it is going to rain all weekend. We will move my youngest in with her sister too. We aren't setting the crib up yet, but prepping the rest. My kids have 4 weeks of school yet and my thinking is that moving them in together now will help them with the big change. I want them to get used to getting up for school in the morning together..otherwise, school starts in sept and the baby comes and that seems like a lot of change at once.
My sister says it is too early and I worry too much.

What is everyone else planning to do? My girls are not happy about sharing a room at all!

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

May 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are actually moving my daughter out of the nursery tonight so she can have the long weekend to adjust to her "big girl room." I actually prefer to do this kind of stuff early because it gives the kids more time to adjust. I don't want them feeling displaced by the baby, or having any other big changes happening at the same time the baby comes home, so I try to make all big changes either way before or several months after the baby. So this time, my daughter will have several months to be in her room before the baby takes over the nursery. We won't be redecorating the nursery or anything though. So it'll just be an empty room (well, with all the nursery furniture) until the baby arrives.

August 2012 December 2012
May 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
I never think it is too early to set up- crib included-

we are waiting a bit yet cause youngest baby is still in the cribe we will use for this baby

but SET UP !! ENJOY!!!
May 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They say it takes 30 days to form a habit so I might give them the summer to have their own room, especially if they aren't happy about it. Otherwise you're going to be dealing with a lot more squabbles ALL summer.

May 24th, 2013, 11:09 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We moved our girls into the same room a while ago when we knew we were *eventually* going to have another baby. And it does take some time to adjust to that, so I think that in itself is a good idea.

As far as the baby room, I have already taken down the guest bed and sold some things on craigslist from that room. Next step is to paint which I will probably do in the next month. After that I'll be on the hunt for baby things-- crib, dresser, swing, etc. So no, not too early. These next couple months are going to go fast! Good idea to get a head start!
fludderbye and AllieD like this.

May 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it is too early at all! I don't have kids, but I do agree about getting them started with a routine now, so that it's easier for them come school-time in the fall. As far as just setting up the nursery, I am super excited to get our nursery set up, and as soon as we get carpet installed in there, I'm going to start working on it!
May 24th, 2013, 11:40 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was surprised to hear my husband say that he doesn't want to wait as long with this baby as we did with Dominic.

We didn't really have a choice with Dominic, we moved into our house less than two months before I had him. I didn't know I was in labor as I was finishing the last piece of his nursery, just though I was having a normal back ache... lol so I finished his room the day he was born.

We are doing some house-wide rearranging for this baby, moving hubby's "man cave" into my office downstairs since his friends have had to tiptoe around when they want to come over and drink and play video games while the baby is sleeping. The new baby will go in his man cave because I think it is much quieter than where we have the guest room (which will stay the guest room... I like that he willingly gave up his man cave haha).

I was looking at nursery colors this weekend, and I have already started a theme in my head. He is working out of town until mid-June, but I was surprised to hear him say he wanted to get everything moving as soon as he gets back! Yay! I'm excited to have another nursery, and have plenty of time to get stuff situated in it I don't think it is too soon at all to start, it sounds like you are due a whole month ahead of me, too!

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 24th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have 1 week of school left. I plan on moving DD in with DS a few weeks into summer. That way if it's a little bumpy we don't have to worry about it affecting their sleep and school.

After DD is moved we will start painting the nursery. Early July at the latest.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search