Really not a good weekend for me

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lotsakids

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 04:27 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
On Thursday night my grandmother called us because she was having chest pains. We live next door to her. we get to her house and she looks horrible, so I call 911. They take her to the hospital and we spend almost all night there. My mom and I go home to get some rest and let me get the kids on the school bus Friday morning. When we get back to the hospital we find out that she had 2 mini heart attacks and if she would have stayed home they say that she would have had a massive heart attack and died. She had triple bypass surgery 21 years ago in 1992 and one of the arteries they had fixed back then was 99% blocked again and one of them is 80% blocked. The cardiac doc put a stent in the one that is 99% blocked and will fix the other one in a month. He was scared to do both at the same time because of her age, she is 79 years old. He was afraid too much of they dye they use would shut down her kidneys.
Then my dog, who was a 13 year beagle decided to climb our fence for some reason. Our whole back yard is fenced in. Well she didn't make it all the way and when she fell she broke her neck and passed away. My 5 year old found her when he walked outside.

Two good things that happened though are that I think the near death experience has given my grandma a new outlook on life. She seems to have made peace with all of those that she held silly grudges against in the past, and that includes my dh. She even let him hug her and I was told that it brought tears to her eyes to hear that he had a prayer request out for her on Facebook.

Also, my 2 older boys spent the weekend with my brother and SIL, they took him to her cousin's house for a BBQ. While there my kids were informed our our dog's demise. My SIL's cousin offered to sell us one of her purebred doggies for $100. My middle son picked out the only girl of the litter. He named her Missy. She is in doggie daycare at my brother's house this week until my kiddo's are out of school for the summer and they can take care of her during the day. She is only six weeks old. Logan was really upset about Dixie's passing, but I think getting Missy really did help. I wasn't ready to get another dog, but the lady told me that she already had 2 other people that wanted this dog, so if I wanted her I needed to get her that same night. We caved and I think it really did help all 3 of my boys with the emotional healing process.

Pic of Missy and Logan. I can't wait to get her home this Friday.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 3rd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry to hear your weekend was so rough

Hope that your Grandmother makes a full recovery, & that little Missy helps heal the kids broken hearts *hugs*
jamieshalon2 likes this.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Im really sorry you had a bad weekend. I am so thankful for your grandma's health and that they caught it in the nick of time. I got the same speech from the doctors "about you could have died" last week when I was there. It is a big eye opener. Missy is super cute, and I am glad things got better!

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
June 3rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I know it has to be very scary to hear that from the docs. My grandmother hasn't been a very nice person in the past. I think this experience really opened her eyes to how she had been treating other people. She used to have this philosophy that because of her age she could treat people any way that she wanted. I think what happened has made her realize that isn't the way to be and to live life.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
June 3rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds pretty rough, Jamie.
I'm glad to hear your grandma is letting go of silly grudges and what not. I hope she makes a full, quick, recovery. I'm sorry to hear about your precious Dixie's passing. I hope Missy can snuggle her way into you and yours hearts and help heal them. She looks absolutely adorable! for you.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 3rd, 2013, 07:42 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Jamie, sorry to hear about your grandma and your doggy! That definitely is a scary and crummy weekend Glad to hear though that your grandma is changing her ways, and will hopefully the doctors will be able to get that other stent put in with no issues!

Your new puppy is soooo adorable! I hope that she will help everybody feel better, even though she will never replace Dixie. *hugs*
June 3rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. I am so sorry about your dog. I am tearing up. I'm glad you were there to get your grandmother to the hospital. My dad had a really bad infection from his colonoscopy over Memorial Day but swore he was fine and didn't want to go to the doctors. Fortunately he finally gave in to our nagging but he could have gotten really, really sick. I remember your previous post about the issues you were having with your grandmother, and I hope her new perspective keeps and she remains healthy.
June 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks everyone. I just feel so emotionally drained today. I can't seem to stop tearing up, and of course I am stuck at work. I hope I can make myself feel better by wednesday for kindergarten graduation.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
June 3rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's terrible.

I'm glad your grandma found some peace and that you guys have a new puppy to look forward too!!
June 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
Julie
Poor Dixie, I am so sorry she passed, and such a freak accident too. I hope your grandmother gets well soon, how wonderful that she has a new perspective on life. Missy is sooo cute, I'm sure she will help your boys feel better.

June 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you had such a distressful weekend! Big hugs!

Your new puppy is so cute!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 3rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Veteran
What a terrible weekend, your new puppy looks super cute!

June 3rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. My dogs are like family and it near kills me when one of them goes. I will be praying for your grandma.

I will also be praying for you that this week is better and that the new puppy coming in is an easy transition!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

June 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thats seriously a horrible weekend! I hope your grandmother has a quick recovery. My heart breaks for your dog Hope the kids can find solace with their new little puppy!

June 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about your rough weekend! Hopefully all of the cute antics that puppies do can cheer your family right up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search